TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

On 6/18/2023 at 1:40 AM, Gungner said:

When playing as a touring company, how do you set up your tour?
Is just setting the dates as events, and not having them broadcast?

I know from previous posts that you're still playing TEW2016, you really should be posting in that section or at least specifying that in your posts here. A lot of things changed between games. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juicemanjaggz said:

He is in the child company, not on my main roster

He's simply unavailable then. That could be because he's currently in negotiations, away, has a bad relationship with the parent owner, has a booking skill too high or low for that size of child company, or is too over for a child company of that size. The screen only shows valid, willing candidates.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the min psychology rating someone would need to successfully call a match in-ring was 80. Is that actually true or have I made that up? The reason for asking is I have a one-fall match with two workers at 74 & 78 psychology and I wanted to have them call in-ring. Not sure if that was too low and would incur penalties.

Hi there,

First of all I apologise if these questions have been asked before, but I couldn't find them. I am hoping someone with knowledge will be able to help me.

Firstly: With workers, is it best to have them named in their database or is it better to have them named after their gimmick. The reason I ask is for example if I was looking to find Lisa Marie Varon, but didn't know her real name, but knew for example she was Victoria in WWE, and Tara in TNA what would be thest way to find her? (Essentially how would I link all search terms for her) Another example would be Ken Anderson. How would I find him under his real name, Mr. Anderson or Mr. Kennedy?

Second question: In-game, it obviously shows a number of promotions that are defunct before the game starts. I know you can buy the classic championship belts, but is there a way you can buy the rights to the company if they are not owned by someone else? For example if I wanted to buy the rights to Chikara? Would I have to list them as active before the game begins or is there a way I can do it in-game?

Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, xbenjaminx said:

Hi there,

First of all I apologise if these questions have been asked before, but I couldn't find them. I am hoping someone with knowledge will be able to help me.

Firstly: With workers, is it best to have them named in their database or is it better to have them named after their gimmick. The reason I ask is for example if I was looking to find Lisa Marie Varon, but didn't know her real name, but knew for example she was Victoria in WWE, and Tara in TNA what would be thest way to find her? (Essentially how would I link all search terms for her) Another example would be Ken Anderson. How would I find him under his real name, Mr. Anderson or Mr. Kennedy?

Second question: In-game, it obviously shows a number of promotions that are defunct before the game starts. I know you can buy the classic championship belts, but is there a way you can buy the rights to the company if they are not owned by someone else? For example if I wanted to buy the rights to Chikara? Would I have to list them as active before the game begins or is there a way I can do it in-game?

Thanks in advance

1. This is different from mod to mod based on that mod maker's preferences. Most people name them after their most famous identity and use the alter ego function to make sure if they get signed by certain promotions they'll use the proper gimmick. For Lisa Marie Varon, that's the name she typically gets put into mods as with Victoria being an alter ego for her in WWE and Tara being one for TNA. Ken Anderson is usually listed as Ken Anderson, but if you type Anderson in the search bar it'll bring him up anyway.

2. You cannot buy a dead promotion in game, but if you set it up as active in the pre game editor and make your promotion have an ownership relationship with them, it's doable. 

2 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

1. This is different from mod to mod based on that mod maker's preferences. Most people name them after their most famous identity and use the alter ego function to make sure if they get signed by certain promotions they'll use the proper gimmick. For Lisa Marie Varon, that's the name she typically gets put into mods as with Victoria being an alter ego for her in WWE and Tara being one for TNA. Ken Anderson is usually listed as Ken Anderson, but if you type Anderson in the search bar it'll bring him up anyway.

2. You cannot buy a dead promotion in game, but if you set it up as active in the pre game editor and make your promotion have an ownership relationship with them, it's doable. 

Ok thanks. Littke disappointed about the promotion thing, but understandable.

Thank you for the worker info.

10 hours ago, xbenjaminx said:

if I was looking to find Lisa Marie Varon, but didn't know her real name, but knew for example she was Victoria in WWE, and Tara in TNA what would be thest way to find her? (Essentially how would I link all search terms for her) 

I think editor > search "Victoria" in alter ego could be a quick way to do it ;) 

On 6/26/2023 at 3:52 PM, xbenjaminx said:

Hi there,
With workers, is it best to have them named in their database or is it better to have them named after their gimmick. The reason I ask is for example if I was looking to find Lisa Marie Varon, but didn't know her real name, but knew for example she was Victoria in WWE, and Tara in TNA what would be thest way to find her?

I think others have mentioned but no two databases are exactly the same on how they name people so the best way to find someone is to search by their most popular alter ego. In this case Victoria. If you searched Tara she may or may not show up depending on the year. So searching their most popular alter ego is probably the best way to find them. 

Will a wrestler be annoyed if you leave them off of a show if they have somewhere else they can work that night? The in-built help section mentions working somewhere else as a factor, but words it to sound like only those who are unavailable for you. If I leave a major star off of one of my events but he can work for a different, lesser, company the same night, is he still going to get annoyed?

On 6/26/2023 at 2:45 PM, rocco100rounds said:

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the min psychology rating someone would need to successfully call a match in-ring was 80. Is that actually true or have I made that up? The reason for asking is I have a one-fall match with two workers at 74 & 78 psychology and I wanted to have them call in-ring. Not sure if that was too low and would incur penalties.

60 is the minimum for "Call in Ring". I don't know if it's 60.5 or some other fraction, but sometimes brand new 60s get the note that they look lost and other 60s don't. 59.6-59.9 may show up as 60 due to rounding, which would explain that, but I don't know if that's actually true, it's just speculation.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:45 PM, rocco100rounds said:

From what I remember, it's based on what the match is rated at that point in the match rating calculation. So if the match is rated at 79 when the calculation gets to the psychology, anything less than 79 will trigger the penalty. So I don't think there's any real magic number. 

Might be overthinking this because its late... but how much importance should I be placing on having truly great road agents? Have several with Psychology in the high 70s to high 80s. Respect is 100 or near to that. But there are a couple of legends I can talk out of retirement who have Psychology from the mid 90s to 100. Respect is equally high. So basically as good as you can get as a Road Agent. With strong personalities. But they come at a cost - a very pricey contract. Of note - its a company with a work-rate heavy product. 

I'm not sure how to search for this answer. 
How is the company popularity working in the current build? I'm playing through the 97 mod as PDW as a booker my critical goal is to rise from insignificant to Tiny in two years. I'm 8 months in and i've only gained 1 point of popularity. All of my shows have had a rating of 28 or higher running 1 show a month. Fans have been around 80 or so with cheap tickets. My current prestige is 4% with 26% momentum. What would anyone suggest for me to try and gain 10 points in popularity in the next 15 months in game? (without using the editor)

22 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Might be overthinking this because its late... but how much importance should I be placing on having truly great road agents? Have several with Psychology in the high 70s to high 80s. Respect is 100 or near to that. But there are a couple of legends I can talk out of retirement who have Psychology from the mid 90s to 100. Respect is equally high. So basically as good as you can get as a Road Agent. With strong personalities. But they come at a cost - a very pricey contract. Of note - its a company with a work-rate heavy product. 

This is a personal rule, but I don't hire any road agent with less than 70 psychology. Thankfully, working as a road agent increases the psychology skill itself. If you have the funds, good road agents can really help your talent grow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

This is a personal rule, but I don't hire any road agent with less than 70 psychology. Thankfully, working as a road agent increases the psychology skill itself. If you have the funds, good road agents can really help your talent grow. 

I tend to have road agents who have positive personality traits as well. So basically a good guy backstage. Think Jim Ross in the attitude era. In my head they are that talent relations person keeping everything ticking over backstage as well. 

• Like 3

If I transfer my save to a new computer , transferring database and pictures folder, will the game generated workers in my save who have been assigned free pictures have the same pictures on the new computer? Or will they be blank as there is no name correlation between the regen and free picture. Thanks

31 minutes ago, Cartopis84 said:

If I transfer my save to a new computer , transferring database and pictures folder, will the game generated workers in my save who have been assigned free pictures have the same pictures on the new computer? Or will they be blank as there is no name correlation between the regen and free picture. Thanks

They will retain their picture.

On 7/4/2023 at 2:43 PM, gmsubzer said:

I'm not sure how to search for this answer. 
How is the company popularity working in the current build? I'm playing through the 97 mod as PDW as a booker my critical goal is to rise from insignificant to Tiny in two years. I'm 8 months in and i've only gained 1 point of popularity. All of my shows have had a rating of 28 or higher running 1 show a month. Fans have been around 80 or so with cheap tickets. My current prestige is 4% with 26% momentum. What would anyone suggest for me to try and gain 10 points in popularity in the next 15 months in game? (without using the editor)

In general, I'd say that if you're trying to get popularity when at a small size, you should set tickets to free.

On 7/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, Jaysin said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. Maybe if I was running a really small company and there were no better options... but there always are. Even in the 70s gives me a bit of hesitation. 

The funds aren't a HUGE issue but its also Japan and bad economy. But... experimentation made me realize giving a per show wage instead of monthly makes it far more reasonable. Like $1200 per show instead of $70,000 per month.

On 7/5/2023 at 12:14 AM, Dave Mac said:

I tend to have road agents who have positive personality traits as well. So basically a good guy backstage. Think Jim Ross in the attitude era. In my head they are that talent relations person keeping everything ticking over backstage as well. 

Very much the same. I look for positive personalities. I love how someone like Enforcer Roberts keeps the roster in check, so I'm always seek that kind of influence. 

I have a question regarding psychology now that we're sort of on the topic.

I've understood that you can increase a worker's psychology by having him face opponents with better psychology? Is this true?

Is the same true when teaming with someone with better psychology? Case in point, thinking of teaming up AJ Styles with Bron Breakker to help develop the latters psychology.

23 minutes ago, PaperMachete said:

I have a question regarding psychology now that we're sort of on the topic.

I've understood that you can increase a worker's psychology by having him face opponents with better psychology? Is this true?

Is the same true when teaming with someone with better psychology? Case in point, thinking of teaming up AJ Styles with Bron Breakker to help develop the latters psychology.

Yes, it is true, and both methods work. It only matters that there is someone with better psychology in the match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Yes, it is true, and both methods work. It only matters that there is someone with better psychology in the match.

On the Topic, I only have one wrestler with 88+ Psychology, Plenty of Old Road Agents, will scripted matches improve the wrestlers Psychology significantly or does it only improve match rating?