Strange events so far

Thats one of the problems I see in the game. there needs to be a way to differenciate between Drug use and "drug" use. Snorting Crack and Shooting Heroin is a LOT different and a LOT more dangerous than taking a hit from the bong.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=shamelessposer;207389]You'd have to smoke literally tons of pot in one sitting to get a fatal dose... but you know, given that it's RVD, I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if that's how he blew his pension. :D[/QUOTE] There is no actual fatal dose of marijuana. Sure you can green out and get pretty sick, but pot alone will not kill you. RVD & Sabu may be into the heavier stuff.

Phoenix I just left his head booker position at regional OLLIE, claiming they weren't big enough for them. I apply for the position and they accept, leaving local Mexico Hardcore Wrestling. Two days later Phoenix I has taken my old job at MHW, so I leap-frogged Phoenix I on the Mexican booking ladder...lol

[QUOTE=Rocland;207405]There is no actual fatal dose of marijuana. Sure you can green out and get pretty sick, but pot alone will not kill you. RVD & Sabu may be into the heavier stuff.[/QUOTE] Too much of ANYTHING and you'll die. You could overdose on apples if you ate like, a truckload. Or a tub full of beans.

[QUOTE=Nedew;207431]Too much of ANYTHING and you'll die. You could overdose on apples if you ate like, a truckload. Or a tub full of beans.[/QUOTE] Im fairly certain the overdose limit on Beans is two tubfulls, but i wouldn't quote me on that, to overdose on apples you need to eat just 3:) Incidentally isn't the reason drinking too much water can kill you because it thins your blood or something along those lines?

I believe its because you drown. :) No actually you're right, you die because the water causes an overdilution of sodium in the blood plasm causing the cells of the central nervous system and the brain to shut down. You can also die if you drink water too fast as there are electrolytes in water and if you drink a ton of water really fast and get too many electrolytes in your body your brain can't keep up and you short circuit brain activity and can cause it to shut down completely.

[QUOTE=Wildcat;207446]I believe its because you drown. :) No actually you're right, you die because the water causes an overdilution of sodium in the blood plasm causing the cells of the central nervous system and the brain to shut down. You can also die if you drink water too fast as there are electrolytes in water and if you drink a ton of water really fast and get too many electrolytes in your body your brain can't keep up and you short circuit brain activity and can cause it to shut down completely.[/QUOTE] ...Obviously. Exactly what I was about to say!

I was just thinking to myself earlier - what would happen if you drunk too much water ? Would it kill you - and how? :p And I thought the obvious place to find out that information would clearly be a computer games / wrestling site, and lo and behold - I was right :rolleyes: :p :D

It was just in the news recently, I believe a radio station had a contest called "Hold Your Wee For a Wii" where the contestants competed for a Nintendo Wii by drinking a constant amount of water and be eliminated when they relieved themselves. A lady entered the contest and ended up dieing because of too much water. "Water Intoxication" may be the official cause of death, but don't quote me on that one.

It was. [quote=Wikipedia entry on Water Intoxication] On January 12, 2007, Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman and a mother of 3, from Rancho Cordova, California, was found dead in her home by her mother hours after trying to win one of Nintendo's Wii game console in KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities (Strange possibly drank two gallons) of water without urinating. Ten radio station staff involved in the contest were later fired. The radio station is also now being sued by the family, and police are investigating for possible criminal charges. [/quote]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Wikipedia entry on Marijuana[/B] The ratio of Cannabis material required to saturate cannabinoid receptors to the amount required for a fatal overdose is 1:40,000. There have been no reported deaths or permanent injuries sustained as a result of a marijuana overdose.[/QUOTE] You people are right in saying that too much of anything could kill you. But you'd have to sit here and smoke for days straight for weed to kill you. I don't really know why I'm arguing this point, just a firm believer in pot I guess. I was just saying in regards to RVD dying in someone's game, that it likely wasn't weed he was doing.

In game terms no, but the people that make the mods click the drug use tab for any worker with a history of marajuana use - such as RVD and Sabu.. which is why it would be nice to have different levels in the vice stat categories.

If she didn't realise she was on the edge of DEATH she probably deserved it anyway. She must've been absolutely [I]busting[/I] (and in a great deal of pain too), silly cow. Only in America would they sue afterwards too xD

Has anyone ever heard of lung cancer? 1 joint is like 4 cigs so you CAN die from pot. Just not directly. And the stuff in it removes atleast a few minutes of your life each joint, so maybe they smoked enough that it caght up with them. And knowing RVD was involved, I dont much doubt it.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;208020]Has anyone ever heard of lung cancer? 1 joint is like 4 cigs so you CAN die from pot.[/QUOTE] Other way around, actually. Cigarettes are [i]far[/i] worse for your health than marijuana. Don't always believe what the government tells you, it's a propaganda machine. Cigarettes are many times more likely to give you cancer than marijuana. That propaganda machine is why marijuana is illegal but cigarettes aren't. Hypocritical laws to say the least. Make them both illegal or neither of them illegal. I personally would outlaw them both in public and around children, but allow them both in private as long as there aren't children around. Oh, and the MPAA is about to make all movies with smoking in them rated R, which is ridiculous. In that case, we should ban all smoking around children period, because they're much more likely to pick up the habit from family than from movies. In all cases, second hand smoke is much deadlier anyway. I would agree with having different levels of drug use. Different levels of steroid use, too, since not all steroids are that bad for you; that's another bit of the propaganda machine at work. Like "Minor Drug Use" (marijuana and such) and "Major Drug Use" (cocaine and such). Then have "Minor Steroid Use" (ingested supplements that are legal but not quite that good for you) and "Major Steroid Use" (anabolic steroids go here). [QUOTE=Nedew;207919]If she didn't realise she was on the edge of DEATH she probably deserved it anyway. She must've been absolutely [I]busting[/I] (and in a great deal of pain too), silly cow. Only in America would they sue afterwards too xD[/QUOTE] Actually, I believe it happened in Canada. Second, the radio people [i]assured[/i] the contestants that there was absolutely no way to die from too much water. A nurse even called in to tell them that they could die, but the radio people laughed the nurse off the show. Heck, before that story, I didn't know you could drink too much water either. So in this case, a lawsuit and criminal charges are definitely a justifiable course of action.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;208033]Too much love can kill you, just as sure as none at all. ¬_¬[/QUOTE] Too much love...now THAT'S the way I want to go out; like that horrible, yet amusing in a wrestlecrap kind of way Al Wilson / Dawn Marie "storyline" (I use the term loosely) WWE did years ago. I miss Dawn Marie...

Yeah, the govt lies but pot is a drug, thats that. it effects the way you think and act, and a danger in public (try driving while high) I know, it has its benifits. and Im all for legal marijuana. But Ive seen far too many friends stop going to school and eventually disapearing because they just wanna smoke pot. So, I wouldnt want it legalized for public use. And did anyone see that news stry were some punk kid forced these small children to smoke pot? The kids like 15 himself. Just makes me wanna deck that idiot in the face. I hope he's somebodys girlfriend in jail already.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;208051]Yeah, the govt lies but pot is a drug, thats that. it effects the way you think and act, and a danger in public[/QUOTE] You could say the same for alcohol and [i]especially[/i] cigarettes, though. They're all technically drugs. The problem isn't use, the problem is abuse.

Yeah, but do we really need more? We have cigs and booze. The problem is in the abuse yes, but do you trust the general public NOT to abuse it? I can imagine it. Now all of a suddent the forbidden friut is all for the taking, it would be a mad house. We'd have more fools like that kid on the news. Its sad really.

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;208054]Yeah, but do we really need more? We have cigs and booze. The problem is in the abuse yes, but do you trust the general public NOT to abuse it? I can imagine it. Now all of a suddent the forbidden friut is all for the taking, it would be a mad house. We'd have more fools like that kid on the news. Its sad really.[/QUOTE] That's why the laws should deal with the problems. Ban smoking pot while driving, just like with drinking and driving. Legalize it and tax the ever living crap out of it, that's what I say. Of marijuana, alcohol, and cigarettes, cigarettes are the only one that has absolutely no health benefit. So I just find it hypocritical that marijuana is illegal while the infinitely worse cigarettes are legal.

Archived