Strange events so far

Whilst testing my 1998 data, WWF Wrestlemania V% was headlined (not by Austin vs Rock, as per real life, but rather) Road Dogg vs Ken Shamrock for the World Title. Shamrock retained. After various tweaks and changes, Billy Gunn overcame Thrasher and then Mosh on his way to being crowned 1998 King of the Ring. And Austin headlined Mania against the Undertaker. Full Mania XV Card: Austin vs Undertaker (Austin regained the gold) The Rock defeated Mankind in Hell in a Cell. New Age Outlaws defeated the Headbangers for the titles. Ken Shamrock defeated HHH for the IC Title Kane destroyed Terry Funk in a street fight that lasted only 5 minutes D'Lo Brown defeated Edge and X-Pac for the European Title Owen Hart defeated Bob Holly Hooray for the accuracy of my data, not too bad at all! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol. Doesn't actually belong here, but I though it would be funny to mention how I always laugh my a$$ off at the names of the shows of the European Touring Promotions when they come into play (for like 4 months, rofl). A month after they started they were already in debt. They then started the 'Hard Times Tour'. Lol. And their last show was the 'End of Days'. How convenient. :) Not that this is a one shot event, they all seem to have convenient tour names. Some have the 'Forsaken tour', prolly because no one cares about it. Haha, such a laugh. Good ol' Figo has already destroyed 3 promotions, it's enough for now. :P

So I'm 4C and Darryl Devine has finally outgrown me after a year and half. I figured he'd turn me down but I offered him an extension anywa and sure enough he told me outright that he wants to leave. I checked the media section and was told "Darryle Devine will be leaving 4C. Rumor has it the promotion already has a replacement in mind." You think if I ask nicely the media guy will tell me who I have in mind? Because in my mind right now I'm thinking "I'm screwed". Yeah, I'm gonna replace a guy that is far and away my most popular worker with a B- in Ontario compared with my next highest performer at a D+. Oh yeah, I have plenty in mind to replace him. Too bad all my ideas suck.

[QUOTE=Trashbear;196292]You think if I ask nicely the media guy will tell me who I have in mind? Because in my mind right now I'm thinking "I'm screwed". Yeah, I'm gonna replace a guy that is far and away my most popular worker with a B- in Ontario compared with my next highest performer at a D+. Oh yeah, I have plenty in mind to replace him. Too bad all my ideas suck.[/QUOTE] Steve Flash. Good enough to put on top notch matches and can even benefit a great deal from you jobbing Devine to him on his way out the door. That is, unless Troy Winner has something against older guys. Then, yeah you're screwed (if ya can't get Ash Campbell or somebody).

[QUOTE=Remianen;196297]Steve Flash. Good enough to put on top notch matches and can even benefit a great deal from you jobbing Devine to him on his way out the door. That is, unless Troy Winner has something against older guys. Then, yeah you're screwed (if ya can't get Ash Campbell or somebody).[/QUOTE] Why yes, that little midget has blocked me from bringing in older workers. Trust me, the Flash Man was right on the top of my list when I was starting to turn over some of the roster. Right now my plan is to have Devine drop the belt back to Joey Poison and then have Poison drop it to Bulldozer Brandon Smith who I've been pushing hard and has gotten over well. That seemed like the best scenario for me right now. Then from there maybe I'll bring in Dog Fyte and see if I can build up a "Suplex vs. Suplex" match or something like that.

Im not sure if this is strange or just normal now with 1.3 but playing as NOTBPW in the 1st few months I am national with a B prestige while SWF and TCW dropped to cult lost thier TV shows both now on C- prestige making me the only booker that can offer written contracts in North America. So i looked to expand but sadly no US TV companies will accept negotiations for new shows as the wrestling industry is in such a state of decline!

On the event titles, one of the Japanese feds held a show called... Too Many Women In Comas :D * As for Trashbear, Davis Wayne Newton is your friend, if you can get him. Otherwise, Cal Sanders rules all. * And I just had Marco Flores leave OLLIE. Three days later, the head booker left, and his replacement was... Marco Flores. Now, if Flores and the booker had hated each other or something, I could explain this, but as it is, it's just weird... [I]Edit: Just seen my name in the game as a poster on the tew.com message boards! :D Too, too cool...[/I]

[QUOTE=ThomasRiordan;197551]I think this pretty much speaks for itself. [IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m277/ThomasRiordan/TEW%202007/RipVerneEnjoyRetirement.jpg[/IMG] Last I checked death [I]is[/I] your retirement from professional wrestling.[/QUOTE] I like that a reliable source said "nobody cares anyway".

[QUOTE=ThomasRiordan;197551]I think this pretty much speaks for itself. [IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m277/ThomasRiordan/TEW%202007/RipVerneEnjoyRetirement.jpg[/IMG] Last I checked death [I]is[/I] your retirement from professional wrestling.[/QUOTE] A new life behind the scenes? What as a zombie or something? Atleast he is staying positive.

Actually with physical condition it's now pretty common for the top guys in GCG and WLW to all be injured. In an event that was strange only because it took so long, Big Smack Scott won the SWF World Heavyweight title in June 2009, beginning the Summer of Scott which came to a tragic end in October when the Boss' son needed to put himself over. And no, I didn't edit the data at all, I had an autoclicker simming through.

Magik & Dark Magik just formed a tag team in SOTBPW called The Scooby Gang. ...Yeah. EDIT: Dark Angel and Edd Stone won the NOTBPW Tag titles from The Can-Am Blondes, only to vacate them two weeks later when Angel signed with BHOTWG. Love and Natural then reclaimed the titles by beating Harrison Hash and Tim Westybrook. Also, Hash has retained the Unlimited Action title against The Natural no less than ten times. EDITx2: Make that eleven.

Not strange but damn annoying!!! Zero 1-Max has resigned Steve Corino to a written contract after I took him from C+ to A in 6 months and gave him Cheerleader Melissa as a valet CW Anderson as a bodyguard and gave him a long feud with the champ. Damn him!!!! The only reason that I did not sign him to a written contract is becuase I have a working agreement with ROH but now Zero 1 has backstabbed us and ROH.

5SSW have gone out of buisness in by febuary 2008 in every game I've played so far. Strangely they are the only one I've had go down in flames in any of them... ROF and WLW got the message on the internet that they may be forced to close in different games but both pulled out of it.

Monday, Week 1, October 2007 Warrior Engine XXV announced that they are closing today, blaming mounting finacial problems. Larry Wood is head booker for SWF who are at Cult and a C prestige, TCW still Cult and D prestige but somehow Joel Bryant remains head booker. In breaking news SWF worker Big Smack Scott has made a series of controversial claims, including the fact that he thinks he should be main eventing the promotion. The star has called himself "the real mvp" of the company. Tuesday, Week 1, October 2007 NOTBPW have risen to International size B+ prestige and still the only promotion in North America that can offer written deals! WOOT

News has come in that Jimmy Cox has picked up an injury. It is said to have happened during a match last night, and early reports are that he will need to take time off in order to heal, which is a huge blow for him. On our message boards, 'J Silver' commented 'WTF? ROFLMAO'.

[QUOTE=Wildcat;198226]5SSW have gone out of buisness in by febuary 2008 in every game I've played so far. Strangely they are the only one I've had go down in flames in any of them... ROF and WLW got the message on the internet that they may be forced to close in different games but both pulled out of it.[/QUOTE] I think I see why. On a touring schedule, running 3 shows a week for 5 months out of the year, with their overhead costs (see: Sensational Ogiwara, Crusher Ichihara, Thunder Hike's contracts), they have to make money on every show in order to break even. Those 7 months without a tour eat up almost 125,000 that has to be balanced by the profits from the shows they do run. Most of the time, that doesn't happen.

Archived