Strange events so far

Jan 2010 in my NYCW game, Nevada Nuclear is a Main Eventer with A pop all across USA for a Global SWF , feuding with Akima Brave for the World Title. Now THAT was a developmental deal that paid off. Weirdest thing is that he doesn't have in ring skill greater than a C . Just goes to show that it is looks and charisma, not in ring talent that makes it in the SWF :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWE fell to cult after WrestleMania, fired 60+ superstars most of which now hate either Vince or Linda, lost RAW, ECW and Smackdown! within a month with RAW only being show in Canada and a small section of western Europe now. They've taken to running shows mainly in Canada where they're still B- in overness but are constantly running C shows and are dropping. They've dropped to D+ in prestige and TNA has claimed the top spot in the wrestling world by being more prestiges and more popular than WWE.:eek: Clinton Nash a very talented rookie who people are pegging to be the next Shelton Benjamin has won the unofficial Marty Jannetty award for shortest employment record. Being hired by Baja Stars on Friday and fired by Saturday without the company dropping in size or anything. He's a bit of a jackass so I guess he rubbed someone the wrong way.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;191757]Jan 2010 in my NYCW game, Nevada Nuclear is a Main Eventer with A pop all across USA for a Global SWF , feuding with Akima Brave for the World Title. Now THAT was a developmental deal that paid off. Weirdest thing is that he doesn't have in ring skill greater than a C . Just goes to show that it is looks and charisma, not in ring talent that makes it in the SWF :D[/QUOTE] April 2010 and Nevada Nuclear is the NEW SWF Heavyweight Champion

NWA Midwest has become the promotion of death. They started the game with 99 year old Travis Hanish as owner. He died in February. The company was then purchased by 83 year old Lillian Ellison (The Fabulous Moolah) and she bought the farm in July. Then 81 year old Karl Gotch thought he was going to be the new owner only to die one month after taking over in July. So in less than 9 months NWA Midwest has buried 3 owners.:eek: Their latest owner Rikishi Phatu. I hope he has his will written out.

I hate it when things like this happen :p My World Champion is BLZ Bubb, and he's fueding with RDJ. Throughout their whole feud, they've been stinking the place out with C-'s and C's (yeah, that's relatively stinky for TCW's main event :p). At my latest PPV (Excessive Force) I have Corny facing Hawkins in an Ironman match, so I decide to make only the second exception in history to my "The World Title match is ALWAYS the main event" rule (the first exceptioh is for Royal Rumbles), and put the Ironman match in the main event slot. So what does BLZ Bubb do, just to piss me off? From out of nowhere cometh a B- match. So I didn't need to make that exception after all :| Tommy/Wolf got a B+, so I guess it was technically the right decision, but still...

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;192783]I hate it when things like this happen :p My World Champion is BLZ Bubb, and he's fueding with RDJ. Throughout their whole feud, they've been stinking the place out with C-'s and C's (yeah, that's relatively stinky for TCW's main event :p). At my latest PPV (Excessive Force) I have Corny facing Hawkins in an Ironman match, so I decide to make only the second exception in history to my "The World Title match is ALWAYS the main event" rule (the first exceptioh is for Royal Rumbles), and put the Ironman match in the main event slot. So what does BLZ Bubb do, just to piss me off? From out of nowhere cometh a B- match. So I didn't need to make that exception after all :| Tommy/Wolf got a B+, so I guess it was technically the right decision, but still...[/QUOTE] Don't beat yourself up, I think most if not all of us would have made that move. And c'mon...you knew Mr. Murphy and his infamous Law were going to show up.

Cornell has been busy (in one of those angles that was great on paper, but sucked in the ring, Chance Fortune is currently carrying the can for the failure of the entire angle) trying to build up other stars after losing the title to RDJ, and Rick Law with his current gimmick is going nowhere near my World Title (say hello to the TCWPD, Lieutenant Rick Law and Officer Rocky Golden). RDJ turned out to be a horrible champion, and Bubb was the only other choice :p After the un[b]fortune[/b]ate disaster with the previous storyline though, Cornell's new storyline is pretty much carrying the company back to good times (we fell to Cult ¬_¬).

I've had some weird champions for the top American Promotions. Tana the Mighty won the CGC World Championship and had 14 successful title defenses, and has now started his second reign. At One Time Dave were the only company in North America with a TV Deal. Sean McFly was released, went on tour with BHOTWG and then was rehired by NOTBPW. Enygma, Joe Sexy, FAG, Enforcer Roberts, Kid Toma and then Lead Belly all have held the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. In fact, SWF have had a really bad time, DAVE are as big as they are at Cult, hundreds of stars have left, and NOTBPW and TCW are bigger than SWF.

Usually in the first few days of the game a lot of the couples break up but I'm in January 2009 now and I've seen a lot of them turn from dating to engagement. Adam Matravers and Phoebe Plumridge Darryl Devine and Seduction Joshua Taylor and Tracy Brendon Black Eagle and Raven Nightfall Although this time around I did see a lot of tag team friendships end The Demons of Rage Team Toronto Dirty White Boys

I just started a DOTT game as the AWA to test things out before I do a diary. Jesse Ventura and Hogan wrestled and Ventura broke his neck. About a week later Hogan wrestled Bockwinkel and Bockwinkel broke his neck. So, I decide to book him against Paul Orndorff who is leaving me for the WWF (secretly hoping he breaks HIS neck too.) What happens? Hogan is out now with a broken leg.

[QUOTE=ThomasRiordan;195720]Using War's End. Vince McMahon died in 2002 only to have WWF purchased by Ted Turner with Paul Heyman as head booker.:D[/QUOTE] I guess Ted's the only one able to purchase something as big as WWF. :D On a sidenote: I find it rather laughable that in my game, the match of the year 2009 was "Nene Ebina vs Thunder Hike"... I was like: wtf? Can't the Stones do better than that? Or Yoshimi? It must be a punch in the jaw for the business (not to be racist and such, but still...) :D

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Blackman;195943]I guess Ted's the only one able to purchase something as big as WWF. :D On a sidenote: I find it rather laughable that in my game, the match of the year 2009 was "Nene Ebina vs Thunder Hike"... I was like: wtf? Can't the Stones do better than that? Or Yoshimi? It must be a punch in the jaw for the business (not to be racist and such, but still...) :D[/QUOTE] That is a weird thing as Ebina is not a talent that is easy to utilise properly.

[QUOTE=Blackman;195943]On a sidenote: I find it rather laughable that in my game, the match of the year 2009 was "Nene Ebina vs Thunder Hike"... I was like: wtf? Can't the Stones do better than that? Or Yoshimi? It must be a punch in the jaw for the business (not to be racist and such, but still...) :D[/QUOTE] Its ok - no one thinks you're being racist with that remark............... sexist maybe, but not racist :D :D :D :D :p

Yeah, k I meant that 'fcourse. :D [QUOTE=The Aussie;195999]That is a weird thing as Ebina is not a talent that is easy to utilise properly.[/QUOTE] I know, it's pretty weird. It came out of nowhere. But their abilities do match a little, and they do have great chemistry in my game, and I booked them in a 'shoot match' just for the heck of it. :P But even then, it shouldn't be MotY. :(

Archived