Diary Preview And Questions Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming soon to a Dynasty section near you:

"So Viv Jacobs is sucking me off, and I'm like......look, the two cop cars can SEE us!"

---

"KC, I think I'm pregnant, and Youngman's the father."

---

"---- THA POLICE ---- THA POLICE ---- EM!" *gets head slammed into top of cop car before being roughly tossed in.*

---

"Might I collaborate with a fine fellow such as yourself about the owning and operation of a highly competent wrestling school to provide essential training for young men of the wrestling persuasion?"

"The ---- did Larry Wood just say?"

---

"KC, I think I'm pregnant, and K-Squared's the father."

---

"I walked down the lonely hallway, looking for the man who beat me in a wrestling match ten years ago. He had a face that only a mother could love.......if she was blind in one eye and had that milky film over the other. I had to pay him back, for the good of everyone."

"Um, Jerry, you're talking out loud."

"The douchebag in the corner said, with an air of haughtiness."

"Did you just call me a douchebag?"

"I ignored the douchebag and walked down the hallway. He wasn't even a main character anyways."

---

"KC, I think I'm pregnant, and Cal Sanders is the fath-"

"No ----ing way Haley."

"Alright, I was lying about that one."

---

"What do you make of the cluster---- in the ring right now, Nigel?"

"Get that bloody tape recorder out of my face."

"Nigel declined to comment on the cluster----."

---

"I have never, in the history of Pro Wrestling MAX, taken drug money of any sort, ever."

---

"Hey Red Dog, can I borrow $200 of weed money to cover the promotion til my next show?"

"Sure man."

---

"Roxy Kitten, don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry Jeremiah, its just not working out between us."

---

"Perhaps you banjo-pickin inbreds have heard of me? Ernest Youngman, grandson of Henny, movie star in such films as Snakes on a Train, The Da Vinci Treasure, Transmorphers, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, and guest star on CSI?"

"WHOOOOOOO ARE YOU? WHO WHO! WHO WHO!"

"---- YOU! I AM THE BIGGEST STAR TO ENTER THIS GODFORSAKEN TOWN, BIGGER THAN CHRISTIAN SLATER, BIGGER THAN THE CANADIAN HOCKEY TEAM, BIGGER THAN ANYBODY! YOU WILL RESPECT ME!"

---

"My name is Alan Parent.....and I'm an alcoholic."

---

"You mean I have to JOB in this business? What the hell! Why can't I just go over the entire damn roster and be champion?"

"Ok "Giant Redwood", you're fired."

---

"My name is Jon Jetson."

"I meant your real name."

"I said, Jon Jetson!"

"I don't believe you."

---

"In tragic news today, former wrestling star The Minor Annoyance overdosed on black tar heroin after alledgedly being told by his drug dealer that it was a painkiller. Police are suspecting the involvement of one "The Scotsman" in the case, but have not made any arrests at this time."

---

"Daedalus, its over, the SWAT team has you surrounded. I am now in control of ACPW, and you will like it. LOOK OUT HES GOT A GUN!"

*SWAT team mercilessly shoots down Daedalus, then they check the body.*

"Hey, he never had no ----ing gun."

*Everyone laughs.*

---

"KC, I think I'm pregnant, and you're the father."

---

And soon, the thrilling conclusion......wait a minute, will any of this stuff actually happen?

I'll probably never have the time to really commit to writing the actual diary but I was noodling around and this opening post came out:

It was late in 2012 when the front desk got that frantic call. An ambulance was on the way and they should be ready to get the paramedics in and up to the forty-seventh floor as quickly as possible. Floor 47 was the heart of SWF headquarters, and home to the office of Richard Eisen. It was dark day in the history of professional wrestling when he passed. This is not the story of his death, and to linger on the fact would be more morbid than I care to be; most of what I ‘know’ from that day is conjecture anyway. I was out at a house show with the boys when the news reached us. The Chief, Train and Faith chose not to tell the roster until the show was over – except Eric and Jerry, of course. That was the last house show Christian worked, and it does not look like he will be back on the circuit soon, if at all.

Anyway, I am rambling. This is the story of the fallout of Mr Eisen’s death. It was no secret that both of his sons wanted to take control but he was stickler for tradition and it transpired that the company fell into the hands of his elder son, Jerry. I can only guess that Eric put forward his case in vain but, as is the Eisen way, family matters were dealt with behind closed doors. However, I was present for the first meeting after Jerry took the reins. I should probably introduce myself. I am Lester Clark, an assistant booker and general dogs-body for the SWF empire, and now specifically the personal assistant to the head booker of the company.

Jerry had chosen not to take over his father’s office, so we were gathered in one of the conference rooms; ‘we’ being Jerry, Eric, Peter Michaels, The Chief, Barry Bowen, Christian Faith, Phil Roberts and Ric Young, plus other non-talent like me. Fortunately, if there were to be any silver lining to this situation, we had pre-taped the Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve shows over the same weekend as the show the week before so everyone had been able to take a week or so away from the company after Richard’s passing. Still, it took real mettle for the Eisen brothers to return as soon as they did - such is the business we work in.

Thank you all for coming,” Jerry started, “I’m sorry it has taken so long to bring us all together.” There was a chorus of experienced, supportive responses. “Obviously this has been a difficult time for us all and decisions have had to be made very quickly. As I’m sure you are aware, control of the company has passed to me.” Another round of responses circled the room, this time congratulating the new boss, “And after discussions with several people close to me, as well as consultation with the Board of Directors, I have decided that for ease of relations in this period, we will be appointing a new head booker.” This clearly came as a shock to many around the table, with many eyes glancing to Peter but from his calm disposition it was clear this was not a tactless dismissal by Jerry and that he was very much in the loop, “I have spoken to Peter about this decision already and he assures me he understands and is happy in his position at the booth, and on that topic, I will be stepping away from onscreen duties. However, more importantly, going forward, I have decided that Eric will take the book.” The younger Eisen beamed at the official announcement to the heads of the locker room. There was a silent beat in the room before the congratulations came under furrowed brows. Particularly Christian and Phil, I noticed, shared a look. I guess as the only other active roster members in the room this decision affected them the most. “Furthermore, the first show under his leadership will be a tribute to my father, and will start an invitational tournament in his honour to be concluded at When Hell Freezes Over.

As he paused, Christian Faith spoke up, “But Jerry, that’s only two weeks’ worth of television. Would it not be better to hold off on the tournament until after Hell?” I do not know if it jarred anyone else to keep hearing ‘Hell’ so much in the weeks after Mr Eisen’s death but it made me wince each time.

We thought about the time constraints, Christian. But this week’s show will be exclusively devoted to the tournament as part of the tribute show, and we have discussed with the network expanding to two hours and the next two weeks will do so on a trial basis, giving us an extra hour to work with. Additionally, as Peter had planned for the new year, our pay-per-view shows will now be three hours. We will put the semi-finals on the pay-per-view this year, and that should give us plenty of space across the three shows to put on a great competition. Now, I’m sorry to cut this meeting short but there is a lot that needs to be done. I’m glad we could all get together even briefly, and I’m sure you will all help Eric with the transition. I’ll see you all tomorrow night for television.

Jerry left swiftly after his short detailing of the new arrangements. I think he did a lot for himself in that meeting. He handled himself calmly and with great dignity. He did not hang around to take questions from the team as his father had been accustomed to but everyone understood why and after some less formal chatter, people began to disperse. As I took my leave, a hand grasped my shoulder, “Lester.” It was Eric. “I need an assistant; come with me.” It was never a choice. He had chosen me, for whatever reason, to be his right hand lackey. That was fine with me; it got me out of the day-to-day mire to an extent, even if Eric was at times of questionable nature. My first job was to help him move into his father’s office.

The main premise behind the off-screen side of the diary would be the sibling-professional rivalry between Jerry and Eric. Eric being in control of the on-screen product but bitter that his brother is in control of the company and giving him orders. And then obviously the way Eric deals with the talent would be the other major thread of it, so I'd be dealing with incidents and the like based on how I think Eric (who is actually my user character) would.

I'm thinking of starting a diary a year into my APW game. I'm quite lazy when it comes to the in-character write-ups so I'm wondering if any interest would be garnered at all for my game, or if that's pretty much the whole point.

Basically I will write basic summaries of what has happened in the game, and do my write-ups for events, but I won't be going into as much detail as most of you on the boards.

Europe is still looking for a saving grace following Ultimate Combat Ring’s demise back in 2007; can that saving grace be the young upstart federation funded by a Swiss millionaire?

Can Victory Wrestling Association rise up and challenge the establishment? Take on Europe and then the world? Or is it just another small promotion based in the backwaters of a continent that lacks a true wrestling pedigree?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/rdarnz/VWA/Workers/SebastianKoller_zpsaa6b130c.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/rdarnz/VWA/Workers/LandonMallory_zps8666cce6.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/rdarnz/VWA/Workers/RandyHaute_zps104a27c0.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/rdarnz/VWA/Workers/WalkervanCleer_zpsee6dfd48.jpg

The likes of Sebastian Koller, Landon Mallory, Randy Haute and Walker van Cleer have put their faith in the company to make them household names, but is it all misplaced? Are they destined to forever be confined to dusty halls and school gyms or will they be able to ascend to the bright lights of arenas and stadiums?

All will be revealed soon in Victory Wrestling Association: Saving Grace!

So, I've been writing out my own little diary in my SWF game. It may see the light of day...someday...when Eisen-Verse ends his awesome, awesome SWF diary.

I'd be interested to hear what others think of my writing style so here's a little snippet.....

The scene - Gilmore has just for the 2nd week running thanks to (seemingly) Eric Eisen. In both matches, Eisen's music has played and Gilmore has turned his attention to the entrance ramp. The momentary lapse in focus results in Gilmore losing his match both times.

Gilmore exits the ring, rage personified. He walks furiously up the entrance ramp, shouting and cursing his way towards the Supreme Gate. The cameras follow Gilmore backstage, where, it becomes evident he's looking for Eric Eisen:

Gilmore: Eisen, you son of a bitch, I'm gonna rip you're head off.

Gilmore continues his search as staff members and other wrestlers look on and make sure they don't get in his way. Gilmore throws open doors to dressing rooms, hoping to find Eisen hiding away but he has no such luck. He does come across Lobster Warrior polishing his huge metal claws, but no sign of Eisen.

Gilmore makes his way towards the exit which leads to the parking lot. He stops and looks around, screaming Eisen's name. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a car screeches towards Gilmore, who sees the car at the last minute. He tries to get out of the way but the car, which makes no effort to avoid him, hits Gilmore. He hits the hood of the car and smashes into the windscreen before hitting the cold, concrete floor.

[Peter Michaels] My God!! Somebody just ran down Tom Gilmore! We need medics back there, he's not moving!

[Duane Fry] This is bad, Peter. Gilmore's bleeding; it looks like his head may have smashed off the windscreen

[Jerry Eisen] What a horrible accident!!

[Peter Michaels] God damn it, Jerry. You think this was an accident? This has Eric Eisen written all over it!

Medics flood the backstage area, carefully securing Gilmore's neck in a brace as an ambulance pulls in from the parking lot. The medics carefully strap Gilmore, whoss still motionless, onto a stretcher before loading him into the back of the ambulance. Sirens blaring, the ambulance takes off into the night.

[Peter Michaels] Ladies & gentlemen, if you're just joining us, Tom Gilmore has has been hit by a car and is on his way to the local hospital. We can only hope and pray that he's okay.

[Duane Fry] Gilmore is one of the toughest men over to have set foot in the Land of Supreme, but I gotta be honest, this looks bad.

[Jerry Eisen] You have to wonder; who on earth was driving that car? What a horrible accident.

[Peter Michaels] I've said it once and I'll say it again, Jerry; this is no accident. Eric Eisen goaded Gilmore backstage; this is a god damn setup!!!

Being the only company is not enough...

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/GDSRenders/JeffNova_alt3.jpghttp://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/21CW_alt2.jpg

Monopoly

"Hello, Jeffery it's Jeff... no Jeff Nova, is your dad there?"

YAY!

Make this happen please

Instead of bumping a dead thread, I am going to use this thread to announce that my USPW diary is dead in the water at the moment. I have no motivation in my mind to continue that diary in particular.

I will be thinking about where I am going to go next. No matter where that is, I will be writing up posts beforehand this time.

Instead of bumping a dead thread, I am going to use this thread to announce that my USPW diary is dead in the water at the moment. I have no motivation in my mind to continue that diary in particular.

I will be thinking about where I am going to go next. No matter where that is, I will be writing up posts beforehand this time.

Wherever you go, we'll be reading. May I suggest taking a swing at the Thunderverse?

This show is now posted in my 'Universal Wrestling League' Thread:

ON THE NEXT

UWL 'SLAM!' WRESTLING!

IT'S THE 2-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE UWL!

WINNER GETS TO PICK THE STIPULATIONS FOR THEIR WORLD TITLE MATCH AT 'WINTER WARFARE': Roddy Piper © vs. Greg Valentine

PLUS!

NO DQ: Pres. Bill Watts vs. Ole Anderson

AMATEUR RULES: Rick Steiner vs. 'Superstar' Graham

UWL WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: Hall & Nash © vs. Gene & Lars Anderson

UWL WOMEN'S WORLD TITLE (Special Ref: Madusa): Tina Ferrari © vs. Wendi Richter

TV TITLE: Rip Oliver © vs. Arn Anderson

'Diamond' Dallas Page vs. 'Bounty Hunter' Ron Garvin

AND MORE!!!

Out of curiosity, who would I need to speak to about getting a 2010 diary moved into the 2013 forum? It's a long, long way down to 2010 now...

I would say go with Adam, I asked Derek if he could move it for me and he never bothered to reply to me one way or the other. Two weeks later I asked Adam and he switched it over for me the next day.

Now Playing, CZCW: Sweeter than Wine

“So, your first year is in the books, and it was a rousing success.”

Honey smiled. It was true, wasn’t it? She was hired off the street last January. Twelve months later, CZCW had three times as much money in the bank as when she started. Under her book, they drew more than they ever had before. They financed a new arena. They put on the best show the promotion had ever seen. It was an 180 degree turn. “Thank you Cliff. I’m really proud of the work we’re doing.”

“You should be,” he added. “But things are going to change. You can’t keep doing this well without someone noticing you and your product. If you don’t leave, the wrestlers will.”

“I’m not going anywhere, Cliff. I’ll hang around as long as you will let me.”

“That’s good to hear, Honey. But are you ready for when the talent leaves? You have a champion who has held the strap for over a year-”

“Let me stop you right there, Cliff,” Honey interjected. “Weasel might get an offer somewhere else, but I don’t think we are going to lose him.” She smiled.

“You and I both know that I am not talking about Air Attack Weasel. Mikey James is our top guy, but at this rate, he’s going to be someone else's top guy soon. And I don’t think he would be in that position without you. So congratulations.”

“No one has made him an offer yet, right?” she asked.

“No, no. not yet. But I’ve seen scouts at the shows, Honey. It is going to happen, it’s only a question of when. Until then, let’s make the best of what we have. What do you have planned for us in the next few months?”

Honey smiled. The Coastal Zone was moving in the right direction, and she was leading the way.

CZCW At A Glance

Champions

Coastal Zone Champion: Mikey James

Xtreme Champion: Air Attack Weasel

Tag Team Champion: Hernandez & Jameson

Notable storylines to date:

Mikey James vs. Masked Cougar vs. Frankie Perez

Sam Keith returning to the ring with his son, Matthew Keith

Greg Black's rise up the card

Air Attack Weasel's stranglehold over the Xtreme Championship

Owner: Cliff Anderson

Booker: Honey Golightly

COMING SOON ON CZCW: SWEETER THAN WINE

A new tournament title is created!

A future superstar signs on with the Coastal Zone!

A new promotion means a new non-aggression pact!

A main eventer is signed away! Maybe more than one!

A major promotion closes its doors!

A title finally changes hands!

And more!

If you are interested in CZCW or Cornellverse indy wrestling in general, give this diary a try. I am good about posting something everyday, whether it be a show or a short narrative about the characters. We are a year in, so there is plenty to get started with. I have another 16 months waiting and ready to post. I post a new show every other day (at least), so I will get another month out of this, at least. We do a prediction contest and we try to have a good time. Read if you want, give me feedback if you are so inclined, send me hate mail if you see fit.

Thanks guys and gals!

So, I've been writing out my own little diary in my SWF game. It may see the light of day...someday...when Eisen-Verse ends his awesome, awesome SWF diary.

I'd be interested to hear what others think of my writing style so here's a little snippet.....

The scene - Gilmore has just for the 2nd week running thanks to (seemingly) Eric Eisen. In both matches, Eisen's music has played and Gilmore has turned his attention to the entrance ramp. The momentary lapse in focus results in Gilmore losing his match both times.

Gilmore exits the ring, rage personified. He walks furiously up the entrance ramp, shouting and cursing his way towards the Supreme Gate. The cameras follow Gilmore backstage, where, it becomes evident he's looking for Eric Eisen:

Gilmore: Eisen, you son of a bitch, I'm gonna rip you're head off.

Gilmore continues his search as staff members and other wrestlers look on and make sure they don't get in his way. Gilmore throws open doors to dressing rooms, hoping to find Eisen hiding away but he has no such luck. He does come across Lobster Warrior polishing his huge metal claws, but no sign of Eisen.

Gilmore makes his way towards the exit which leads to the parking lot. He stops and looks around, screaming Eisen's name. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a car screeches towards Gilmore, who sees the car at the last minute. He tries to get out of the way but the car, which makes no effort to avoid him, hits Gilmore. He hits the hood of the car and smashes into the windscreen before hitting the cold, concrete floor.

[Peter Michaels] My God!! Somebody just ran down Tom Gilmore! We need medics back there, he's not moving!

[Duane Fry] This is bad, Peter. Gilmore's bleeding; it looks like his head may have smashed off the windscreen

[Jerry Eisen] What a horrible accident!!

[Peter Michaels] God damn it, Jerry. You think this was an accident? This has Eric Eisen written all over it!

Medics flood the backstage area, carefully securing Gilmore's neck in a brace as an ambulance pulls in from the parking lot. The medics carefully strap Gilmore, whoss still motionless, onto a stretcher before loading him into the back of the ambulance. Sirens blaring, the ambulance takes off into the night.

[Peter Michaels] Ladies & gentlemen, if you're just joining us, Tom Gilmore has has been hit by a car and is on his way to the local hospital. We can only hope and pray that he's okay.

[Duane Fry] Gilmore is one of the toughest men over to have set foot in the Land of Supreme, but I gotta be honest, this looks bad.

[Jerry Eisen] You have to wonder; who on earth was driving that car? What a horrible accident.

[Peter Michaels] I've said it once and I'll say it again, Jerry; this is no accident. Eric Eisen goaded Gilmore backstage; this is a god damn setup!!!

Ah, yes. The age-old "Who hit [iNSERT NAME] with a car?". I'm positive that you can deliver a better story than the WWE/F did with Austin.
:D
Wasn't it Rikishi who hit him in the end? It only took a year to find out...

I think it's a great play on the storyline. Everyone expects Gilmore to get his revenge as A) he's a favorite of many of us, B) not many like Eric Eisen and C) the game kind of dictates it from the start. That said, what would be the fun of Angry Gilmore getting his revenge in January? It goes against every fiber Eisen's dubious character. He's more chicken-well you know than being a full-fledged fear-driver. So, what does he do? He gets Gilmore with a car before he has the chance to 'get even'.

This extends the feud out longer & really gives it more room to breathe. Plus, once Gilmore DOES get his revenge, it's at the point where it means SO much more.

Would you strip Gilmore of the belt? Keep him off TV for awhile? I would think, getting in a car accident, that you may have him off TV for a few months but you can always go the route I did and have him defy doctors in which to compete (only to show signs that he really ISN'T ready to be back yet but his extreme rage won't allow him to stay away).

Overall, seems like a great storyline to progress their feud. It makes you want Gilmore to get revenge THAT much more!

Wasn't it Rikishi who hit him in the end?

Indeed.

He did it for the Rock. He did it for the people.

It's actually quite an intriguing storyline in theory. You have worker who's good friends with another worker... but sees his friend be overshadowed by another worker. He can't bare it and knows his friend would never do anything underhanded... so takes it on himself.

You've got an interesting turn, conflict between him and his friend, him and the other worker and the two other workers themselves.

Of course, expecting Rikishi... who was most over as a dancing fat man who rubbed his bum on opponents faces and couldn't cut an interview... to hold it together was a step too far.

On topic, I'm putting together a 21CW dynasty as we speak (in truth, I'm also getting my post-count up so I'm allowed to post links). No particular gimmick or hook to the story... mainly just my own lack of talent with the game as a selling point.

November 19th, 2012

New York City, New York

[Even covered under ice and snow this place gives off a certain energy. This is where lives change, this is the kind of place that can change a man, for better or for worse. Kind of hard to believe that a nondescript office building in the middle of New York can wield so much power. Looking around its hard to believe this city in general would be the epic center of all that is “special” in this world. The city is completely iced over but life in New York is continuing on as if it were any other day. Cabs recklessly speeding past, people shouting, everyone buried in their phones as they shuffle through the crowds. Everything from Presidents to the weather changes and one man is about to find out he’s no different.]

“Welcome to Patriot Productions….how may I help you”

The blast of warm air hit me all at once. Staring at the inside of this building its hard to believe that something so bad can come from a place like this. It looks like every other office building in the world….somehow I expected it to be different

“Sir…..welcome to Patriot Productions how may I help you”

Its four days away from the American holiday season and I’ve been unemployed before…..but this time it was different. Walking into this building knowing I will be walking out unemployed was a real testament to how far I’ve come. A younger me would have blown this meeting off, I would have thrown a fit or staged some grand walk out. Not this time, I knew what was coming and I still took the flight, I still made sure to make the meeting.

“Sir are you ok? Can you hear me?

I must have gone off into a daze when I entered the building. I do that sometimes, I get thinking about something, I get looking at something and the next thing I know I’m in another world. Looking back at the secretary my mind was shouting for me to speak but honestly what to do you say to the woman who’s about to lead you to a firing squad?

“Uh…..yes…..yes I’m ok. Sorry the cold weather, it kind of threw me for a loop there. I’m here for a meeting”

The Secretary sighed heavily. Here she is making ten dollars an hour to feed a family of four in these hard economic times and she has to deal with disoriented dim wit wanna be executives like me all day. I’m sure she thinks the pay should be reversed….and honestly right about now I’d be glad to take her place.

“Am I to assume that you’re here for a meeting with Mr. Stragavelli?”

I almost wanted to run out the door right there. How was I going to look my childhood idol in the face on a day like this. The first rule of business is never make it personal and for me it doesn’t get any more personal than working for your idol.

“Yes I’m Mr. Stragavelli’s ten o’clock…..I’m here to be fired”