Diary Preview And Questions Thread

I was thinking about writting a dynasty. When a beautifull idea came to my mind. I'm not a Master player on TEW but still have some knowledge. Since 2007 that I barely watch wrestling shows... So it's a bit odd to do something on a real database. The question that I have is... What would be funny to book? I would like to have some interaction in my dynasty and do something new, different... But it seems that I can't decide on which project will I embark and if I do embark i want it to be a sucessfull one. What would you guys recommend?

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about writting a dynasty. When a beautifull idea came to my mind. I'm not a Master player on TEW but still have some knowledge. Since 2007 that I barely watch wrestling shows... So it's a bit odd to do something on a real database. The question that I have is... What would be funny to book? I would like to have some interaction in my dynasty and do something new, different... But it seems that I can't decide on which project will I embark and if I do embark i want it to be a sucessfull one. What would you guys recommend?

If you're thinking real world, you could book Chikara, perhaps. Or something similar to its presentation.

If you're thinking real world, you could book Chikara, perhaps. Or something similar to its presentation.

I'm thinking about something on a fantasy database mainly because of my lack of actual wrestling knowledge. I've watched Chikara until 2007 it was my favorite promotion. But I don't know how things are going now for them. I could do something in the past like 2004/2005 on WWE perphaps it was a rebuilding time for them or basically jump into C-Verse. I guess that Road To Glory is already too used to do a nice dynasty. Is there any other mods that you would recommend? Like T-Verse perphaps...

I'm thinking about something on a fantasy database mainly because of my lack of actual wrestling knowledge. I've watched Chikara until 2007 it was my favorite promotion. But I don't know how things are going now for them. I could do something in the past like 2004/2005 on WWE perphaps it was a rebuilding time for them or basically jump into C-Verse. I guess that Road To Glory is already too used to do a nice dynasty. Is there any other mods that you would recommend? Like T-Verse perphaps...

9000Verse, I guess. Not sure if the TEW16 version is out yet

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ProfetinhaPT" data-cite="ProfetinhaPT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41210" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm thinking about something on a fantasy database mainly because of my lack of actual wrestling knowledge. I've watched Chikara until 2007 it was my favorite promotion. But I don't know how things are going now for them. I could do something in the past like 2004/2005 on WWE perphaps it was a rebuilding time for them or basically jump into C-Verse. I guess that Road To Glory is already too used to do a nice dynasty. Is there any other mods that you would recommend? Like T-Verse perphaps...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 9000 verse is not out for TEW'16 so you have T-verse which is a fantastic mix of wrestling promotions and characters. If you need any more input, you can check my <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536827" rel="external nofollow">dynasty</a> though it is puro based or PM me for any further ideas.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>In 2002, The Era of Honor Begins...</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/kPd6J7K.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

In 2003, we chose Death Before Dishonor...</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/cwnFG9f.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

In 2004, The Battle Lines Are Drawn and we're just getting started...</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/tbCq9Sf.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

We don't imitate...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="color:#db020a;">WE INNOVATE</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/wf9hb8l.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

Coming soon...</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Atticus" data-cite="Atticus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41210" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p>In 2002, The Era of Honor Begins...</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/kPd6J7K.png</span></p><p> </p><p> In 2003, we chose Death Before Dishonor...</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/cwnFG9f.png</span></p><p> </p><p> In 2004, The Battle Lines Are Drawn and we're just getting started...</p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/tbCq9Sf.png</span></p><p> </p><p> We don't imitate...</p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="color:#db020a;">WE INNOVATE</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/wf9hb8l.png</span></p><p> </p><p> Coming soon...</p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> Take all my money!</p>

Sotbw

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g248/sanX1999/SOTBPW%20BANNER_zpsqbwrim7f.jpg

Best High-flying-action-packed-Wrestling on the Planet! Where? Just South Of the Border! Introducing SOTBPW Television to USA!

In Mexico, It is considered as Art, persued as Religion by many!

World Famous wrestlers such as............

Axxis Jr...............

...................El Leon,.................

................ Soul Taker,...............

.............. Pablo Rodriquez,..........

................. El Fuerza..................

The Lone Star of the Wrestling World

Three Times Wrestler Of The Year award Winner!

Star Of The Popular Soap Opera 'Young and Fearless'

The One ..........and only

Be There on on The First Monday of the March and You may get the Glimpse of The
'Most important Wrestler In The World!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g248/sanX1999/SOTBW%20Dynasty/Untitled_zpslgjpafwa.png

!!!!!!!!!!Champagne Lover!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone.

I have a great idea for a game that i may or may not turn into a diary. This will be the first time i do something like this. I have the game and future plans already laid out.

If possible i like some general tips for starting it up and making/posting the updates and some creative writng since writing match-ups/angles isn't going to be a real strong point for me.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_CoC" data-cite="The_CoC" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41210" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/XTrZgjw.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is either going to be the greatest thing to grace the forum or the heat death of the Universe. There will be no in between.</p>

http://i.imgur.com/VqMOh5p.jpg

[iNSERT DEEP VOICED NARRATOR HERE]

This unfortunate tale begins like most with a dumb millionaire trying to save her wrestling company. Dixie Carter couldn't be more desperate for ideas as her company Total Non-Stop Action was on the verge of bankruptcy. Ignoring all ideas of re-branding, or bringing in more indie talent or selling the company Dixie had a different idea. On January the 1st 2017 TNA made the announcement that they were introducing another 2 sides to the ring.

For the [CENSOR]ing first time in wrestling history an eight sided ring existed. [CENSOR] me an eight sided ring. To kick off this incredibly stupid idea they wanted to kick it off with a TNA Heavyweight match between Eddie Edwards and Broken Matt Hardy. As you probably guessed the eight sided ring did make a black hole. I mean how could it not. [LONG SIGHHHHHHHHHHH......] With Broken Matt Hardy standing in the ring with King Maxel a random black hole formed and both father and child were gone. What the [CENSOR] is this storyline? None of this makes sense.

http://i.imgur.com/7LhwSf9.png

Hello Everyone.

I have a great idea for a game that i may or may not turn into a diary. This will be the first time i do something like this. I have the game and future plans already laid out.

If possible i like some general tips for starting it up and making/posting the updates and some creative writng since writing match-ups/angles isn't going to be a real strong point for me.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

My first tip that I would let you know is that diary writing is fun but it can also be a big timesink. You have to find your own balance between keeping it fun and entertaining for yourself and burning yourself out as happens with a lot of writers, myself included.

A part B to that is that you're not going to please everyone. There are people that enjoy different styles of writing, some like more in-depth writing, while others appreciate a more abbreviated style. You have to find the one that you enjoy. If writing match-ups and angles isn't a lot of fun to you and you enjoy writing more backstage things then that's what I would focus my diary on.

A couple of threads that I would definitely recommend reading if you have the time are: The Hall Of Records. Here you can see some of what people thought were the best diaries, the best angles and such.

The second thread I would recommend would be: Diary Writing Tips. A lot of good information there.

Good luck on your decision. This community can be a great one from which to get ideas.

<p><blockquote></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i66.tinypic.com/2zivq55.jpg</span><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-family:tahoma;"><strong>[Redesign - Rebuild - Save TNA]</strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

Over the course of the past couples months, rumors have been buzzing that World Wrestling Entertainment </div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:8px;">(WWE)</span></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> were on the verge of investing Impact Wrestling and their library. If this happens, everything that the company owns will belong to WWE, including the knockouts, superstars, the title belts, shows, pay-per-view, all of it will be under the WWE name! Fans all over the world have blamed Dixie Carter, who'd been running TNA for years. TNA used to have all the big stars before WWE took them. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and even Eric Young! But now, no more reminiscing, it's time that we fix the problem. We're going back into time, 3 years before 2016, it's time to </div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Redesign</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;">, </div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Rebuild</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> and </div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Save</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> Total Nonstop Action Wrestling!</div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

[January 1st, 2013]</div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Dixie Carter:</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> 'I don't understand? Why am I being replaced, this company has been running solid for years and will do years to come? I won't leave!'</div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>???:</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> 'I'm sorry it has to be this way, Dixie, but it's for the better! We need a stable owner, not someone who barely knows anything about professional wrestling! Please, I don't want to force you to leave but if I have to, ... I will!"</div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Dixie Carter:</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> 'Fine, but let me tell you something, mister. If you blow this, if you ruin this, may god have mercy on your soul because I will come back and fire yo-'</div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>???:</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> 'As long as you're not within power in this place, TNA will be fine.'</div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Dixie Carter:</strong></div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"> 'You better not ruins this, Mick, they're millions of money invested into this company and I wouldn't want to have it wasted, good luck, Mick.'</div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i68.tinypic.com/11jlnpc.png</span><p><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span></p><div style="margin-left:25px;">

</div><span style="font-family:tahoma;"></span><div style="margin-left:25px;"><span style="font-size:8px;">Mick Foley</span></div></div><p></p><p></blockquote></p>

<p>I've been playing around with an ECW '94 diary (starting in September, just after ECW's withdrawel from NWA) or an own-fed save I've got going (starting in August '16). </p><p> </p><p>

It would be my first attempt at a diary on these forums, though I have written a few on the EWB forums. Anyways, I'm enjoying both saves, so maybe a diary will come out of it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="angeldelayette" data-cite="angeldelayette" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41210" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My first tip that I would let you know is that diary writing is fun but it can also be a big timesink. You have to find your own balance between keeping it fun and entertaining for yourself and burning yourself out as happens with a lot of writers, myself included. <p> </p><p> A part B to that is that you're not going to please everyone. There are people that enjoy different styles of writing, some like more in-depth writing, while others appreciate a more abbreviated style. You have to find the one that you enjoy. If writing match-ups and angles isn't a lot of fun to you and you enjoy writing more backstage things then that's what I would focus my diary on.</p><p> </p><p> A couple of threads that I would definitely recommend reading if you have the time are: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36338" rel="external nofollow">The Hall Of Records</a>. Here you can see some of what people thought were the best diaries, the best angles and such. </p><p> </p><p> The second thread I would recommend would be: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34894" rel="external nofollow">Diary Writing Tips</a>. A lot of good information there.</p><p> </p><p> Good luck on your decision. This community can be a great one from which to get ideas.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the help angeldelayette. I started writing out the 1st week and for the moment i am really enjoying it. I decided to keep it simple for now with just copying the matches from TEW and add whenever i think it is needed. Will be some time before i post because i want to be at least 3 PPV in before i am going to post.</p>