Cornellverse Changes

In any save games that you guys have run so far, have you seen any major company sign up Marat Khoklov? With his 100 SQ and excellent popularity in North America, Mexico and Japan, he can definitely turn the scale as far as national battles.

TCW and especially USPW should want to hire him in order to be able to win a national battle in the first month. The SWF should re-hire him in order to maintain and cement their status as the leader in the national battle and to stop TCW and USPW from passing them.

There's an idea.

RDJ starts in a stroyline with Buffalo, so have RDJ beat him in week 3 or 4, with Goldworthy promising someone to make Johnson pay. Leads to RDJ vs. Marat in a crazy slobbernocker. Ba Gawd King!

I like...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In any save games that you guys have run so far, have you seen any major company sign up Marat Khoklov? With his 100 SQ and excellent popularity in North America, Mexico and Japan, he can definitely turn the scale as far as national battles.

TCW and especially USPW should want to hire him in order to be able to win a national battle in the first month. The SWF should re-hire him in order to maintain and cement their status as the leader in the national battle and to stop TCW and USPW from passing them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember ever seeing a AI company signing a worker who was on hiatus back into the business. I know Human players can but I've only ever seen it with the AI after they have "returned to the business"

WEXXV seems to get no love :( The roster is extremely old with only 3 new guys coming in since the previous version, those being Henry Bennett (get out of my promotion!) and Kimi Kawano, average rookie and Kuniyoshi Kawamura who seems to be a bit bland. I still don't understand how Toyokuni Hardcore and Washi Heat are still in the promotion as they don't even agree to do Deathmatches or High danger Deathmatches (I've created a new match type called Deathmatch II which has High risk instead of Very High, by removing lighttubes and bed of nails). Oh well, I think it's up to the user to make WEXXV great again ;) Which really suits me, thanks for the challenge Adam!

I do like how Zeshin Makioka has improved a lot since the last game, he seems to be the #1 prospect with Taheiji Konoe and Tatsukichi Shichirobei. I just wish there were a little more Hardcore workers to sign, Japan seems to be lacking them or atleast that's my initial impression. Also still no search worker who are Liberal, going to make a suggestion for that one!

There's an idea.

RDJ starts in a stroyline with Buffalo, so have RDJ beat him in week 3 or 4, with Goldworthy promising someone to make Johnson pay. Leads to RDJ vs. Marat in a crazy slobbernocker. Ba Gawd King!

I like...

That could work well.

I've signed Khoklov as USPW and had him attack Enygma to start a feud between the two. James Justice then offered his help to Enygma to take down the giant, but Enygma is a bit hesitant about it because in my mind he's not the type of guy to form alliances. Might lead to some tension down the line and a potential feud between Justice and Enygma when the feud with Khoklov is over.

Not sure if I'll continue this save game long-term though. USPW is so incredibly hard to book for me. Only 60 % matches on tv, Jesus Christ!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember ever seeing a AI company signing a worker who was on hiatus back into the business. I know Human players can but I've only ever seen it with the AI after they have "returned to the business"

That might be the reason, yes.

In TEW 2013, Buddy Garner often joined BHOTWG

Anyone know why Jack Griffith is based out of North West USA? With a gimmick like "Southern Justice" I always pictured him as, you know, being from the south...

looked in the editor and clicked the ? next to based in and......

"you can choose to base a worker in a game area (USA, Canada, Mexico, etc) or in a specific region (Southeast, Mid South, Ontario, etc). If a game area is chosen, then a random specific region will be picked at the start of the game."

Griffith is set to be based in the USA, so the Northwest USA was a random selection at the beginning of the game you are playing.

WEXXV seems to get no love :( The roster is extremely old with only 3 new guys coming in since the previous version, those being Henry Bennett (get out of my promotion!) and Kimi Kawano, average rookie and Kuniyoshi Kawamura who seems to be a bit bland. I still don't understand how Toyokuni Hardcore and Washi Heat are still in the promotion as they don't even agree to do Deathmatches or High danger Deathmatches (I've created a new match type called Deathmatch II which has High risk instead of Very High, by removing lighttubes and bed of nails). Oh well, I think it's up to the user to make WEXXV great again ;) Which really suits me, thanks for the challenge Adam!

I do like how Zeshin Makioka has improved a lot since the last game, he seems to be the #1 prospect with Taheiji Konoe and Tatsukichi Shichirobei. I just wish there were a little more Hardcore workers to sign, Japan seems to be lacking them or atleast that's my initial impression. Also still no search worker who are Liberal, going to make a suggestion for that one!

I agree with this somewhat but with all the workers now available in Japan it will be fun to have Findlay o'Farraday and such. I will agree though that Toyokuni Hardcore doesnt live up to his name. Washi Heat actually won Warrior's heart btw, but keep in mind the WEXXV ace himself Munemitsu doesn't do deathmatches.

Kimi and Kuniyoshi aren't big surprises as both are easy choices to grow in WEXXV. Weird to see Bull Wrecker gone, especially considering his hardcore skills are better than ever, he never seems to get much love. Zeshin is amazing, I always think of Jun Kasai, Taheji is always the NBT for me though but i believe i got both of them this time! :D Tatsukichi is always hit or miss.

I like that they actually had Battle Sakata and a few others win titles, instead of just going like 9 years without titles again lol, so i think they got some love lol

btw, I had Hiroshi come up on my time decline on the first day for the first time ever this year. was so upset :(

Not as a figurehead, but as number one heel yes.

If you want an early prediction on him, here it is. Jay Chord avenges his father and retires Ricky Dale Johnson. Later he becomes the main heel against the uber babyface, replaying Sam Strong vs Rip Chord more than 35 years after the 1980 Supreme Challenge main event. Unless alcohol takes charge...

So who becomes James Casey? :p

Yes, right after Santa Claus brings me a pegasus!

Dojo graduates like that are functionally impossible (at least for the women). It's like planning your retirement around winning the lottery. Yes, it's possible. But so is being hit by a softball sized meteor that originated in the asteroid belt. I see more workers generated with SQ in the single digits than anything in the 'decent' range.

I always edit for things like that. If I see women under 60 SQ then I usually double it, and if they're over 60 then I add a 1d15.

Gakusha and Hyobanashi are the proteges respectively of Yoshifusa Maeda and Kazu Yoshikawa, owner and head booker of BCG. Furusawa could have thought this: you split from us, so we push your protege to the moon!

From an in ring perspective Gakusha is what GCG is and has been forever: good complete wrestler, able to brawl, mat wrestle, with good to great psychology. Hyobanashi, like its written in his bio, is similar to Kikkawa, the man who embodied BHOTWG for two decades, excluding the INSPIRE adventure. Given the hostility between BHOTWG and GCG it was a must choice. With Kudo in charge we could see a different man in the future.

I still don't get why Kazu-Yoshi didn't take their proteges with them. They're literally the only two people you would expect at a minimum to walk out with the legends. It even works because then you've got Takayuki holding the ball while you try and get Shingen, Harumi, Eagle and SUKI up to scratch over Pistol Pete Hall and Jimmy Cox, while Hyobanshi & Gakusha are carrying BCG on their backs.

• 2 months later...

<p>Bumping this thread to give my 2 cents on some of the big changes. The primary one is Tommy leaving TCW and going back home. I'm a bit disappointed, as I've always had the hope of one day seeing him in a full circle moment where he would return to SWF for another run and stay there for good. (Am I the only one wanting this?) Maybe one day, Tommy, maybe one day. At least one can hire him during the game without needing to use him as our character now or having to edit.</p><p> </p><p>

Surprised and disappointed that SWF lost their #1 spot, but at least it was for USPW. I got no hate for TCW or anything, but i don't think a performance over popularity fed should ever be #1. If anyone is gonna have that spot, they should always at least focus on mainstream and sacrifice performance for pop. Ideally i hope to see SWF back at #1 again one day, and I would love to see Tommy there one day as well. But i must also add that the current scenario also opens up a lot of possibilities. </p><p> </p><p>

And with 21CW looking the way they are, and having Tommy Cornell, I would say that one can hope for a lot from British wrestling, especially with a new promotion.</p>

Archived