Cornellverse Changes

He is but being on Haitus means either 1. He will eventually declare himself "back in the business" or 2. A promotion Cult or above can tempt him back, so USPW would have no trouble enticing him back into action.

Fixed that for you. Khoklov might be too over for a Cult promotion (no idea) but I've yanked Lois Hudson off hiatus at Cult and I just checked and Phil Vibert will talk as well.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fixed that for you. Khoklov might be too over for a Cult promotion (no idea) but I've yanked Lois Hudson off hiatus at Cult and I just checked and Phil Vibert will talk as well.

My apologies you are correct, I meant Cult or above as thats how it is in '13 however I worded it incorrectly.

He is but being on Haitus means either 1. He will eventually declare himself "back in the business" or 2. A promotion above Cult can tempt him back, so USPW would have no trouble enticing him back into action.

Yeah maybe free agent was a stretch but he was never going to go anywhere below cult anyway! Anyway, i did one week, he signed on for hardly anything, i mean he is 40 but he wasnt in decline for me, so i may even put the belt on him at some point within the first year once the game comes out.

Am I the only I don't like USPW on top, potentially going global quite easily

They almost constantly drop to Cult for me, they don't have the star power in the national battle to hold too strong a position. They remain as the number 1 company overall but as a Cult so I don't think them going global is as easy as it seems.

On the same topic am I the only one who finds it weird that USPW has all its event on TV, even their "PPV" events. I know they are owned by a TV company so its not exactly strange but it doesn't feel right.

Yeah maybe free agent was a stretch but he was never going to go anywhere below cult anyway! Anyway, i did one week, he signed on for hardly anything, i mean he is 40 but he wasnt in decline for me, so i may even put the belt on him at some point within the first year once the game comes out.

I signed him as TCW and put him against RDJ, I want to build him with some wins before putting him against the younger main event scene, and he is basically running the show in terms of angle ratings. Not exactly killing it with match ratings (although they have been squashes but the notes don't give me too much hope) so I'm not putting him in the main event for that reason but he is a solid get. Plus he helps in the national battle too.

They almost constantly drop to Cult for me, they don't have the star power in the national battle to hold too strong a position. They remain as the number 1 company overall but as a Cult so I don't think them going global is as easy as it seems.

On the same topic am I the only one who finds it weird that USPW has all its event on TV, even their "PPV" events. I know they are owned by a TV company so its not exactly strange but it doesn't feel right.

I'm not looking early in the simulations, but long term. USPW has:

1) the deeper pockets of C-Verse, 5 times more than SWF and 10 than TCW;

2) a great head booker like Robbie Sanchez, more or less equal than Brent Hill but way more able than Jerry Eisen;

3) two main eventers you could build up easily your main event for the next five years Nicky Champion and Steve Frehley;

4) a likable sport entertainment product all over the world, not rocked to industry changes;

5) Reverie expanding its network globally in 2019.

Thank goodness Lobby has turned heel and become The Crippler! And count me in among those who are thankful Khoklov's out of SWF and on hiatus. But, if I play as USPW (seriously considering it), I just might take my chances on the giant.

Loving the changes so far. :D

I'm not looking early in the simulations, but long term. USPW has:

I agree they have the advantage in the long term (Barring a sudden shift in the game such as deaths etc) but depending on how long the fall lasts they could end up losing stars who simply look at the fact they are Cult (For example out of the 4 companies bidding for Troy Tornado in mu current game they were the only ones who were never "seriously considered") and things like that which gives the other two a chance to gain a foothold and at least stop them from becoming the global powerhouse. Having said that the new production feature benefits them in terms of hurting the others (I don't know how aggresive they are about that, at the moment SWF is the one playing the big money card) it's just a case of how much the others can benefit whilst USPW are out of the war.

In the long term USPW is probably the best bet since they are never going to have to cut people or worry about being outbid because their pockets are so damn deep.

Am I the only one to be mystified by GCG's stagnation? I know the story reasons, but in game terms in 2010 they were on the verge of cult with a main event that any other fed in the world would kill for and some legends doing road agenting/some wrestling. Six years later they still have their great (for regional/cult) upper echelons, legendary Kudo as commentator, and they are actually doing worse? Was the BCG scandal *that* devastating or their booking *that* terrible?

So what are you all SWF players going to do when Matty Faith complains about being stuck in developmental? Use him or lose him?

I signed Matty Faith to my created company that went on for four years. I gave him an immediate title run with my lowest level title. He was horrible,

Couldn't last 10 minutes in a match. I stripped him of the title and had him wrestle dark matches for a year, occasionally jobbing to my midcarders. Eventually I pushed him as a tag team with Greg Guage who helped him immensely. I turned Faith on Guage and signed Christian Faith to manage Guage during their feud. Guage won in 12 minute matches and Matty no longer had a problem with being tired. I eventually turned him face again and he has been a very reliable Midcard ever since. Put him in a 16 minute match with Roderick Remus and got a 65 math rating.

Am I the only one to be mystified by GCG's stagnation? I know the story reasons, but in game terms in 2010 they were on the verge of cult with a main event that any other fed in the world would kill for and some legends doing road agenting/some wrestling. Six years later they still have their great (for regional/cult) upper echelons, legendary Kudo as commentator, and they are actually doing worse? Was the BCG scandal *that* devastating or their booking *that* terrible?

For me, in order from higher to lower: Hanshiro Furusawa bad reputation as owner, the BCG secession and the choice of Hiroyasu Gakusha over Toshiharu Hyobanashi as the ace.

In the long term USPW is probably the best bet since they are never going to have to cut people or worry about being outbid because their pockets are so damn deep.

This is the main problem with this USPW, even bigger if you are playing with it. It seems just to easy to play.

This is the main problem with this USPW, even bigger if you are playing with it. It seems just to easy to play.

So wait. It was okay when SWF was 'easy to play' with all the advantages but now it's not because it's USPW? I just don't get your complaint.

USPW has an opportunity to continue growing and truly be the #1 promotion. An opportunity. It's not a guarantee. Even when Reverie expands, they still have to put on good shows. I've done three demo saves so far and in EVERY SINGLE ONE, USPW falls to Cult February 1. So now USPW is "easy mode" like SWF has been for like a decade's worth of TEWs? The SWF that cherrypicked the carcass of DaVE and took their best talent. The SWF that wasted Angry Gilmore until they didn't have a choice but to push him (who else was there? Eric?). Call it karmic backlash. They had this coming.

On a lighter note, two of the old narratives happened: Tommy Cornell returned to the UK and, mostly important, Big Smack Scott is clean! :eek:

Or he's just on a new kind of drug that modern science can't detect yet. I know which one of the two I find more likely... :cool:

I am still an hour away from checking the game as I am still at work so I will ask here what happened to Swoop mc Carthy?? Is he still with RAW?? and any changes in Australian scene??

Still with RAW, now face and with two TV title reigns to his name. Has been the figurehead for two years and has a starting storyline facing him off with Luke Steel.

I'm not the most familiar with the Australian scene so I may have missed something, but from a first glance it looks roughly similar to before. There have been a couple of roster changes (notably Hatemonger and Warmonger jumping to APW) but nothing seems too dramatic. The blurb mentions that ZEN had to be saved via Kickstarter in 2014 but look to be in reasonable financial shape now.

Very interesting that Fumihiro Ota is in CZCW, while Remmy Skye's drug use got him fired from the company... Is Skye worth the gamble??

Vendetta and Cerberus actually developing a little bit in PSW is a surprise.

There are no giants active in the world. With Bruce The Giant retired and Khoklov on hiatus, I'd have thought another giant would come on to the scene.

The Japanese Tsunami is coming!!! How are we all going to prepare for the coming disaster?

Did anybody die unexpectedly liks Shawn Gonzalez did in '13?

CILL and QAW with a working agreement now?

Byron doesn't have the EWA Championship anymore? His Ego??? Really? :)

In DIW, The Barracudas and Pinn Enterprises are fueding? I could have some fun with that feud!!

Archived