Cornellverse Changes

Burning Hammer switched to regular schedule (non-touring) and closed Hinote Dojo. PGHW is in much the same spot (by memory), although one of their veteran stars (Miwa, I think) has retired and is running their child company.

To clarify, Saisho was going to be shut down, but Miwa bought it himself and operates it independently, as part of the modern Japan movement

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burning Hammer switched to regular schedule (non-touring) and closed Hinote Dojo. PGHW is in much the same spot (by memory), although one of their veteran stars (Miwa, I think) has retired and is running their child company.

SAISHO isn't actually their child company anymore. They broke off from PGHW when Miwa retired.

Bummed about the Bumfholes. The longer it takes to pull the trigger on them, the less the demand to see it happen. It's not too late for them, but maybe one or both needs to jump to another company and get a fresh start.

I do like that the national US scene is freshened up substantially. How's the women's wrestling scene in USPW? Still Strong (pun intended)? I wonder if the IRL women's wrestling revolution played a role in the rise of USPW, since they were the only ones of the big three to have a division? Either way, I'm happy, gives women a chance for more US spotlight.

Hinote closed? Darn, I loved the history of that place. Is it still a dojo, at least?

What are some of the new characters that weren't in TEW 13 has anyone ran across any? I've found Blue Wolf, Abby the Snowman, Black Magic and Calavera so far.

Abby the Snowman was actually in 2013 as The Snowman, although his menace score was 10 points lower.

Quickly glancing over the game the couple of new workers I've seen are Rory Muckletruck (high menace monster, former competitor in World's Strongest Man), Khloe, Kitty Katz, Kourtney, Laurel Wreath and Marbella (four strippers brought in to SNP), Joy (Vic Walker's girlfriend/valet) and Big Magic (Kimbo Slice stand-in).

As a USPW player I will never admit to giving a squee of happiness at their position in the rankings. They still do have a few issues, IMO, but are overall in a tremendous place at the start. I'll look forward to playing them in 16 and staving off SWFs 'youth movement'. A few favorites I've noted, Cherry Bomb is retired and booking AAA. Belle Bryden is 3rd seat on USPW's commentary team. Bouncer is still in FCW. James Hernandez and Steven Parker are in SWF. Fun stuff. looking forward to playing around with it all.

Another thing that pissed me off: Mean Jean Cattley abandoned MAW to take over the day to day operations of RIPW for Richard Eisen after Professor Nero retired.

I don't know, I always imagined Mean Jean as a MAW loyalist.

Man, this is nuts!

As far as the women's scene goes, 5SSW is now owned by Sensational Ogiwara (and booked by DEVIL). Great choice! Not much has changed about the roster though (a few 'duh' additions is all).

AAA is now owned by Cat Quine and BOOKED BY THE BOMB! I lost my damn mind over that last one. EDIT: Cherry Bomb is NOT retired. She was my first signing!

Ashley Grover is in rehab for alcoholism! That's a neat addition!

Booking SWF as the underdog will be quite the change after all these years. Haven't had a chance to simulate or look at company popularity, but I wonder if any companies are in position to yoyo between National and Cult right off the bat the way USPW did last year at the start.

Frehley becomes infinitely more interesting to me as a turncoat.

Archived