DB Real World Update

Damian

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update: (Movesets) Generic Canadian #1 Generic Canadian #2 Generic Canadian #3 Generic Canadian #4 Generic Canadian #5 Generic Crap Wrestler #1 Generic Crap Wrestler #2 Generic Crap Wrestler #3 Generic Crap Wrestler #4 Generic Crap Wrestler #5 Generic Female #1 Generic Female #2 Generic Female #3 Generic Female #4 Generic Female #5 Generic Hardcore #1 Generic Hardcore #2 Generic Hardcore #3 Generic Hardcore #4 Generic Hardcore #5 Generic Japan Heavyweight #1 All of these have just been added by me and Joshua and next up, Josh is adding everything from Indy Talent to Super Junior, leaving me with the rest and more Custom worker movesets. But like I said, once these generic movesets are done, alot of Indy talent will use them, or adaptions of them, so the game will be near complete til then.

Alright, so the movelists I'm implimenting tonight are pretty much the only Generic remaining ones left, so the mod is getting closer and closer to completion. Yes, I know you've been waiting. Yes, we've been working our asses off. We're getting there, and thanks for waiting. - Joshua/Murdermachine -

Not to interject here, but I'd point out that no one working on this project is being paid for doing so. And for that matter, they're not legally [i]permitted[/i] to be paid for it. So I think it's best that everyone relax, let these talented individuals do their work, and be happy when it [i]is[/i] completed without constantly worrying about [i]when[/i] it will be completed. I'm just as anxious to play this scenario as I'm sure everyone else is, but you've gotta put these things in perspective, is all I'm saying. I know [i]I[/i] haven't got nearly enough patience or time to create my own database, and when you consider that they're creating every last detail from scratch, including individualized movesets for each wrestler (or at least every important wrestler), you can understand how much time this kind of thing takes. In addition, the people working on the scenario also need to have time to eat, sleep, go to work, go to church, have fun, go out with friends, and do all the things that human beings do. So perhaps you could consider cutting them some slack?

[QUOTE=Damian]Guess who's back! Yes everybodies favourite and least favourite updater, favourite cuz stuff gets released, least fave cuz it takes so long, lol. But no need to worry, I'll be busting my ass tonight finishing off a chunk of the movesets and can reveal TNA is almost done! And more of the Update: WORKERS ADDED: WWE: Juventud Guerrera Super Crazy Psychosis TNA: Samoa Joe Delierous Shark Boy Alex Shelley INDY'S: Teddy Hart Bret Hart Harry Smith So don't give up just yet, if all these people making updates against mine, had joined mine when I was asking for help, time and time again.. it would probably have been done by now, lol Look for an update tomorrow![/QUOTE] This is why ppl are asking for the update all the time this quote is taken from 2 weeks ago today saying the update will be done, im guessing if this hadnt been said then ppl wouldnt be getting inpatient

Well, work and family have taken up a good chunk of my time and have hindered my progress in the update so far, but rather than explain, let me just clarify something for you guys. Damien and I are both working on this as hard as we can. We both have jobs out in the real world, we both have lives. This is turning out as expected and we're working to fix every glitch we come in contact with, so be patient. I'm sorry it's taking so long, but we are trying our hardest. And thanks for those that are sticking up for us. We aren't being paid, and you don't have to pay for this update either. Also, I work roughly 10 hours a day and my fiance' also takes up a good bit of my time. I have a life, just like you do. Might want to think about that next time you're going to post about how long it's going to take for this update. But to pacify those of you who are getting a little bitter towards this whole project, here's the progress I've managed to make over the past couple of days: Generic MMA Wrestler #1-5 Generic Luchadore #1-5 Generic Super Junior #1-5 These movelists are now in the game and I'm finishing my workload hopefully if time permits and nothing else comes up. Meanwhile, if any of you would like to have words with me about the progress of this update, feel free to PM me here and we'll discuss it personally. - Joshua/Murdermachine

And also from that quote from two weeks ago I believe he meant an update on how things were going would be out at what was then tomorrow, not an actual update being released for downloading. If the people who are moaning don't stop I don't see what is stopping Damien and the others keeping the update for themselves or only giving it to select individuals who didn't moan at them, and you people who are whining can make your own update. Oh, you wouldn't like that? Then please shut up, it'll be released when it's released...

People like Chibul crack me up. We've got people like Damian, MurderMachine and D. Boon's Ghost busting their ass to try and do something nice for the rest of us, for FREE mind you, and all people can do is bitch about "oh its been an extra three days, when is it ever going to get done??" Here's a little real life for you...deadlines get pushed back. Everywhere. In every job. It happens. For those of you playing this game that can only moan and whine about delays in an update that you should be thrilled to even be getting for no cost...well, you need to get out more. Or get a job. Or do something with your life that doesn't involved playing a wrestling game 19 hours a day and spending the other five bitching about stupid stuff on forums. Damian...MurderMachine...I look forward to the update when it arrives, and thanks very much for all the effort you're putting into it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play golf...and then off to my job (see guys, its that easy!!)

Okay, guys. Wiggy, I appreciate you, along with the other guys backing myself and Damien. But I don't want this turning into a hate thread, and I honestly don't feel like sifting through one long pissing match between posters. It's been a long time, and I'm angry about it too. That's all. I've been working on it for the past couple of hours and I'm doing what I can for you guys, just understand that. Now, if you guys feel you have anything to add to the update, please post it or PM me what you think would be a good addition (moves, people in development, etc.) But let's end the fighting before it starts. Last thing I feel like doing is reading a flame war. Thanks and good night.

Ok basically due to there being no 'Import Moveset' option, it slows the update down, as only one guy can work on it at a time and if one guy gets slowed down by the simple things in life, it slows the whole thing down.. it's happened to me, it's happened to Murdermachine, it's just how things are. The federations in the game are: WWE TNA ROH All have title pictures, logo's and worker pictures etc... The list of workers is huge, 125 to be exact and I've barely started adding the workers in ROH yet! Addy Indy talent will be easy as most will use generic movesets, it's adding the movesets that take time. To add 10 generic movesets, requires writing it all down move for move and then putting it together, testing all the requirements, re-naming incorrect movenames, adding new moves an don and on. I takes a good few hours to add a handful of movesets in the quality detail we're doing. Hell I made every TNA and WWE worker a moveset (or two), from scratch, thats alot of movesets. It's draining and hard work, but as many have said, it's being done for free. Thank you for those sticking by the update, it WILL be out unlike 99.999999999999999% of the others that start and vanish when people realise, adding 2 workers is easy, adding a few hundreds with movesets to match, isn't. All rosters are up to date, but thanks to WWE cutting, hiring and re-hiring every day, it means every day we get one step nearer to being done, we get two steps behind again. I've had to rewrite Matt Hardy's bio 4 times, lol

Archived