WMMA5 Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Loving the changes again today! Fighters moving to a different country to find work instead of stagnating is one that I'm particularly excited about. Nothing worse that seeing a fighter unable to fight due to lack of weight divisions.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wayne28" data-cite="Wayne28" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44307" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am not too excited about the morale feature. Although it is annoying in TEW because of all the messages that pop it, it can be worked around. I am hoping long layoffs between fights doesn't cause a big issue because in real life some fighters only get the opportunity to fight 2 times a year.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> But, this is a true thing. Many fighters complain on Social Media about not getting more fights in the UFC or Bellator, so it's true to it's nature. </p><p> </p><p> Anyway, this game seems like it's taking all the good that was in 4 and adding many of the missing aspects that was in 3 plus some great new features. Pumped for 2018!</p>

Tagging is going to be really useful for large rosters, I think. I especially love the other announcements though. having big name fighters really affect the PPV buys was sorely needed and adds some challenge. Having certain guys rocket to popularity is cool too.

The PPV draw/needle mover feature and the better popularity gains are really nice new features. As someone who really missed the "hyping" feature from WMMA 3 I think this is a nice alternative. Thank you for the constant updates! So excited already!!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44307" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>#106 Interface Size</strong><p> </p><p><strong> #107 Customisable Information Bar</strong></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nice!</p>

<p>WMMA5 is shaping up to be great game by the looks of it. Like some other people, I fell in love with the series with WMMA3, but felt WMMA4 was a bit of a step in the wrong direction based on the loss of features. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm hoping that the default database has more meat on its bones versus its predecessors. Granted there are some amazing mods and the game gives you a tremendous amount of customization, but it would be nice to see those things as a "nice to have" instead of a "necessity" in creating a full, rich experience from the start.</p><p> </p><p>

Regardless, thank you Mr. Ryland for creating the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44307" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nice to see hype return for fighters. I never liked to hype a fight as potentially exciting and it messes with the organic nature of fight quality as it just seemed to make the rating more extreme if great/bad or more average in case it was "just" good/poor.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a hard one to simulate I suppose, but I did like hyping fights between top contenders.</p><p> </p><p> There is nothing more disappointing than a hyped fight that doesn't deliver. Mayweather vs Pacquiao being an obvious example. And nothing more satisfying than a hyped fight that lives up to the hype (like McGregor vs Diaz 2).</p>

Yeah, I hope we see an explosion of diari... diaries (makes me think of a possible feature in the game :rolleyes:) with all the immersion-boosting features this year. Also love the dilemma's introduced with the "extra punches" alongside drug abuse and morale. Hopefully arcade mode can still turn these off altogether as some players will not like it. Now it feels more like managing a company instead of being a mere platform for fights.

Especially #115 More Awareness is my favorite this week, whereas we first had to witness fighters walking to their eventual doom - barring a rare flash KO.

Even minor things like renaming past shows can be gold. I once used a screwup on my part in the naming as the main reason to start a new game altogether.

Yeah, I don't want to get too excited but please let it be a December release as opposed to January.

This version is sounding decidedly awesome.

I never played WMMA3 but the journal entities are sounding like it'll be a more complete, rounded game than 4. Some awesome additions.

Can't wait to start up my first WMMA dynasty. Already think it'll be easier to write than a TEW one. I enjoyed providing updates in What's Going On In Your Game for my 4 year GAMMA game. But I've got the excitement for a diary/dynasty.

Loving the journal, Adam!

I'm a little late to the party on this and i haven't read everything about this game yet but i was wondering about getting a fight generator in the game. I'm super lazy and i know there are other lazy people out there but it would be nice when creating a show if there was a random button that would just pick a fight for you based off criteria you setup before hand. Sometimes i just don't want to sit there and go through who should fight who and would love a little help here and there. Like maybe the random button could just generate the under card. Woop Woop!!

Just a thought.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vatechfan24" data-cite="Vatechfan24" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44307" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm a little late to the party on this and i haven't read everything about this game yet but i was wondering about getting a fight generator in the game. I'm super lazy and i know there are other lazy people out there but it would be nice when creating a show if there was a random button that would just pick a fight for you based off criteria you setup before hand. Sometimes i just don't want to sit there and go through who should fight who and would love a little help here and there. Like maybe the random button could just generate the under card. Woop Woop!!<p> </p><p> Just a thought.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> An auto-booker hasn't been announced so far but as it's in TEW there's a chance it could be in. However, for a game that is mainly a booking sim instead of a partly company-sim like TEW I don't see the use of a feature like that unless you want to auto-book "lesser shows".</p><p> </p><p> If you're lazy I advise you to play watcher games and just watch the gameworld unfold. I admit it wasn't all that in WMMA4 but with all the announced fluff I'm sure it must be awesome in 5. It's hard not to immerse yourself now, unless the AI screws up bigtime.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sco xY2Jx" data-cite="Sco xY2Jx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44307" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I don't want to get too excited but please let it be a December release as opposed to January.<p> This version is sounding decidedly awesome.</p><p> I never played WMMA3 but the journal entities are sounding like it'll be a more complete, rounded game than 4. Some awesome additions.</p><p> Can't wait to start up my first WMMA dynasty. Already think it'll be easier to write than a TEW one. I enjoyed providing updates in What's Going On In Your Game for my 4 year GAMMA game. But I've got the excitement for a diary/dynasty. </p><p> Loving the journal, Adam!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can understand the excitement, but I'd much rather have the extra time to fine-tune and polish the game, if needed. No need to rush the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Omnikron" data-cite="Omnikron" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44307" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can understand the excitement, but I'd much rather have the extra time to fine-tune and polish the game, if needed. No need to rush the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> +1 .</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Omnikron" data-cite="Omnikron" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44307" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can understand the excitement, but I'd much rather have the extra time to fine-tune and polish the game, if needed. No need to rush the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> True, but at the same time, it was pretty much finished and going through testing and such in the middle of October. Obviously, it takes a while and needs to be thorough to iron out bugs etc. so I'm understanding of a January release date or whenever.</p><p> Just keen is all.</p>

Archived