TEW2020 Discussion Thread

I have one suggestion but I don't know will it be possible to implement into the game.I think it will be cool to have a real life calendar in the game.It will be a really benefitial for database makers when they make Events to be able to set a real date.For example insted having to set Wrestle Kingdom to Week 1 in Januray to be able to set it at January 4.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Workers in developmental territories now decide when they want to leave based on their popularity compared to the child company's rather than by how much they can still learn. This makes it more user friendly as the user won't get messages asking for call ups very often and it allows the player to use their development territories in a more flexible manner.

Oh, thank goodness for that!

<p>I haven't posted in awhile but keep up to date with all the updates when I can I have a few questions. </p><p> </p><p>

Firstly with the update of the new region (India) are we going to see more Indian talent spread across the UK and Aus?</p><p> </p><p>

Second, I love the merch update. Not having to manage it but being able to identify who are big merch movers is amazing and I hope this can have sort of random potential to spike. Such as someone doing an interview or podcast boosts their sales temporarily of like a midcard talent being a real sales mover due to their charisma or personality.</p><p> </p><p>

I would hope there are traits regarding it too, like negative traits ask them to want bigger cut of their merch sales. Perhaps a trait that allows them to get a boost while being a Heel instead of a Face for their merch. </p><p> </p><p>

I just don't want it to be purely static based off their Pop and Charisma/Star Power but have a sense of randomness. Like someone developing a new catchphrase helps them but also moves more merch. I also love the idea of someone gaining a trait to not want to sell Merch, or just negative associations to it. To add more variety especially with making you have to consider pushing that ME Talent who just doesn't move merch.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LazarN" data-cite="LazarN" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have one suggestion but I don't know will it be possible to implement into the game.I think it will be cool to have a real life calendar in the game.It will be a really benefitial for database makers when they make Events to be able to set a real date.For example insted having to set Wrestle Kingdom to Week 1 in Januray to be able to set it at January 4.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would be kinda hard for the game's code, unless it used a slightly modified 2020 calendar forever. Most games like TEW use a 28 day calendar, because it's much simpler and easy for the game to use. </p><p> </p><p> If Adam were to put in a standard Gregorian calendar, it'd probably be slightly modified, similar to how the calendar was in GM Mode for the early Smackdown vs Raw games.</p><p> </p><p> Also, in the case of Wrestle Kingdom, right now mod makers can just have it set on Thursday, Week 1 of January to make it January 4th.</p>

<p><span style="font-family:GEORGIA;">I'm glad to see the new clickables in the finance section. More detail is always good. </span></p><p><span style="font-family:GEORGIA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:GEORGIA;">

Wish we could learn more about the Cornellverse as a Birthday present for me(specifically USPW). But I'm pretty sure that the C-Verse probably hasn't been finalized with more work to still be done on the game.</span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Steven James" data-cite="Steven James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That would be kinda hard for the game's code, unless it used a slightly modified 2020 calendar forever. Most games like TEW use a 28 day calendar, because it's much simpler and easy for the game to use.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ive accepted the weird TEW lunar calendar, BUT in what universe do most sim games use a 28 day calendar? Almost every sim game out there use a real world calendar. There are tons of code libraries out there to integrate a real world calendar and nearly all sports games dynamically generate schedules with them.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not saying TEW2020 has to do this but 99.99999% of professional software that integrates calendars use a real world calendar, including most sports games.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dolfanar" data-cite="Dolfanar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ive accepted the weird TEW lunar calendar, BUT in what universe do most sim games use a 28 day calendar? <strong>Almost every sim game out there use a real world calendar.</strong> There are tons of code libraries out there to integrate a real world calendar and nearly all sports games dynamically generate schedules with them.<p> </p><p> I'm not saying TEW2020 has to do this but 99.99999% of professional software that integrates calendars use a real world calendar, including most sports games.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Only those that don't have to account for 20, 30 or 50 years into one save and the same playthrough. Football Manager, for example, gets auto-thinking really fast, where you get the same outcomes after 16+ (4 World Cups) years. Or the regular FIFA and PES games rarely change from a year to year basis and stop making sense after 8 years max.</p><p> </p><p> NBA games are even worse. Some games have a hard cut, where your career just ends by 2030, others will keep going, with everyone in the league being 50+ years old, while looking 20</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rone Rivendale" data-cite="Rone Rivendale" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't understand the change in Dev. Isn't the point to develop skills not raise pop?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. Its not changing developmental, but its what prompts a worker to complain about being in developmental. So the trigger for those "I'm ready to be called up" emails is changing, basically.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't understand the lists thing. If it is not supported by keyboard, then how exactly is it used?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think you'd have to click each item in the list if you want to highlight it. How I read it would mean you couldn't switch from one item to the next using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Maybe I'm wrong.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels" data-cite="shawn michaels" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't understand the lists thing. If it is not supported by keyboard, then how exactly is it used?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LoganRodzen" data-cite="LoganRodzen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think you'd have to click each item in the list if you want to highlight it. How I read it would mean you couldn't switch from one item to the next using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Maybe I'm wrong.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd also really like some clarification on this subject.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dolfanar" data-cite="Dolfanar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ive accepted the weird TEW lunar calendar</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same here. I've always hoped we could have actual date. 28 days per month isn't an issue with me, I just wish it allowed for January 4th, March 6th, etc.</p>

If I'm reading it right, usually when you're on a list, you can start typing on your keyboard to get to something. Example, if I'm looking for Chris Jericho on my roster, I can start typing his name on my keyboard to get to him. With the new list, that won't be possible.

<p>First of all, the game looks like its gonna be awesome! And I cannot wait to play it! Love most of the new features being added. </p><p> </p><p>

But with that said, there are still some features I would love to see in the new game. Such as integrated tournaments, a ranking system, and one more statistic for the length of a title reign. </p><p> </p><p>

I make a ton of tournaments in my games so it would be sweet if there was an easier way of doing them. </p><p> </p><p>

And I love keeping track of win/loss records for my wrestlers, but having to check each of them individually is a drag. It would be really cool if you could have a specific section where you can have the wrestlers ranked by their win/loss records. And if you have separate divisions then check who has the most wins in each one(by sorting and such). While also having the option of letting the player manually rank the wrestlers if they want. (Or just change the rankings when they think it looks off.) </p><p> </p><p>

Basically a Power 25 for your own company. (Like the one WWE used to have) It could also be affected by other factors such as momentum, performance, etc. I know the game has a Power 500, but I would love a smaller version of that that's just for my company and its brands, divisions, etc. And changes after each show.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

And finally, a minor thing I would love to see would be the ability to know just how long someone held a title. How many days in total. (Or weeks at least.) I know you can kinda tell by looking at the dates, but it would be cool to have a specific number.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I don't think I've seen any of these things announced in the Dev Journal, but I could be wrong.(Since there's a lot.) But these are things I would personally love to see. </p><p> </p><p>

Once again, the game still looks amazing and I will definitely purchase it as soon as it comes out.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dolfanar" data-cite="Dolfanar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ive accepted the weird TEW lunar calendar, BUT in what universe do most sim games use a 28 day calendar? Almost every sim game out there use a real world calendar. There are tons of code libraries out there to integrate a real world calendar and nearly all sports games dynamically generate schedules with them.<p> </p><p> I'm not saying TEW2020 has to do this but 99.99999% of professional software that integrates calendars use a real world calendar, including most sports games.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> As someone who loves to play historic mods, I love to have TV show counters. Booking big shows for the 100th 1000th and so on episodes. The current 28 day system... I'm use to it... I live with it... But switching to a real calendar... Would make everything so much better and feel "real". Currently you only get 48 weeks a year, when in reality there are 52. Over 10 years... That's 40 less shows.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> One thing I would like to address... It seems that a lot of the new features are pushing what Adam can do with the programing to its limit. The lack of support for png, now the transparency doesn't work with keyboard inputs... Is now the time to call TEW 2020 the last of the old and move forward with a "build structure" that is more modern and supports more, so that the game doesn't reach point where it can't evolve from.</p><p> I hope that doesn't come across as a negative, I love the TEW series, it just pains me to find limits that can't be passed. Would png support make a huge gameplay difference...no but the graphic community and the possibilities would be huge.</p><p> I understand it would be a big learning curve to go to a new "build system" but with the future in mind...</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> P.s I've just gone back through the whole diary a re-read everything, I can't wait to pick it up on day one. The TV war features and the new promotion relationship set ups are going to make my Wcw vs Wwf dreams come true</p>

<p>I'm still waiting to see if there will be any changes to the current TV show Types and the implementation of C shows.</p><p> </p><p>

That way, B shows would be somewhere in between the current A and B shows in TEW 2016 and having C shows be what the B shows are in 2016</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Same here. I've always hoped we could have actual date. 28 days per month isn't an issue with me, I just wish it allowed for January 4th, March 6th, etc.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Honestly, the only things the current 28 day calendar doesn't allow for is a 29th, 30th, or 31st day. So if we want January 4th we can just say it's on the first Thursday of January. </p><p> </p><p> Though I wouldn't mind a standard Gregorian calendar being used. Perhaps it would be used to tie in to the calendar on the computer the game is running on. Similar to how in MDickie's games, it starts you off in whatever month of the year it is in real life when you start the game, of when making a database in WMMA 5, the starting date is the date it currently is in real life.</p>

<p><strong>Workers in developmental territories now decide when they want to leave based on their popularity compared to the child company's rather than by how much they can still learn. This makes it more user friendly as the user won't get messages asking for call ups very often and it allows the player to use their development territories in a more flexible manner.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

This was a good addition, i had my mail box constantly being clogged with mail of asking to move up. Most times i kept them there was because i wanted them to develop more hype/popularity or my main roster was pretty much maxed out with talent, i did not have enough space to push them on the main card.</p>