Anyone sticking with 2016 for a while?

Just wondered if any and who will be sticking with 2016 rather than getting 2020 straight away? I'm very tempted to just keep going with 2016 at least for a few months, but knowing exactly what I'm like, I'll end up buying 2020 the day it comes out and will probably never look back.

There's still of lot I'd liked to have achieved with 2016, but since mods won't be out immediately, getting 2020 from the off will force me to start a C-Verse game which I've never done in TEW.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn: I have a long term save that I managed to convert from 2010 into 2016 across... several years. I've finally been playing it in 2016 and I still have a ton of gas in the tank creatively.

I could convert to 2020. It'd take a while since there's stuff to adjust nd a year or so of gameplay to pick up.

Thing is, I don't have access to the original data until I get another computer repaired and there are things that are noticeably missing (most title lineages)... and I don't know if I can put up with that into 2020.

Might need to juggle both games.

I remember i continued a save in TEW 2005 that lasted 9 or 10 more years or so after the release of TEW 2007. So pretty much i played it either into TEW 2016 or very close to it. That was one of the few times where I did look back to previous games as things to be finished. Given that the interval has been 4 years, I am more than prepared to move along since day 1.

I'm buying TEW2020 as soon as it comes out, no question. I look forward to that day. It will be rough giving up my 5 year save I have with a puro company, so hopefully I can figure out a way to convert it to a database and bring it over to the new game. If not, that's okay too. After reading about all these features in 2020, I cannot WAIT to take advantage of them.

I'll definitely be a Day 1 buyer, but I'll also still be playing 2016 while I wait for mods to drop for 2020. I've got an awesome game that's approaching 4 years in and it's during my favorite period of wrestling. I'll probably start my first fully fledged CVerse game on 2020 with the 2016 data.

I'll play both, at least for a while. My farewell save is heating up and there are some workers in WWE/NXT I'm still waiting to poach (just snatched Charlotte) so there's still some life there. Besides, it'll take me a month or so to come to grips with the new systems (and for the first few patches to be released) so I'm not starting anything serious immediately anyway.

I'm going to play the demo first and see if I feel the need to switch right away. I only play real world mods though so if there's nothing out relatively soon then it'll be pointless for me to buy it and have it sitting there. However I may tinker with converting myself. The demo is really going to give me a good idea of what I want to do. The new game sounds really good. I just bought TEW 16 last year though because I quit playing the games for five or six years and when I picked it back up I was still playing TEW 05 and EWR. This is the first time that I've followed the developer's journal and really paid any attention to what was going on with a new game.

I had kind of lost interest in my 2016 game(s). I've thought a couple times in the last month or so about starting a new one, but with 2020 on the horizon and the new features I figured I'd just wait.

I may not get the new game on release day, but whenever I think about playing it again after that.

2020 is a Day One purchase for me just for the all the advanced and improved features. I look forward to checking out what's changed in the game world and just to mess around some.

But, I'm 13 years in on my mega save with RW, C-Verse and more and that would be such a long and difficult conversation. So, I'll play 16 until something peaks my interest to create a long term save in 20 (which I'm sure won't be long!)