Public Beta Reaction Thread

you can change that

Like 30% of the menus are stuck as-is though. I guess the more important ones i.e. workers and promotions, but IIRC the schedule screen can't be maneuvered that way, which for puro companies with a ton of events is an absolute chore to do anything.

On the bright side, that's probably my biggest gripe about the game as a whole right now.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how about that white board? Pretty annoying, right?

Seriously, I'm sure 99% of people don't mind it. I just really dislike it. Editor is really good in a lot of ways. Whiteboard is not!

I actually enjoy the whiteboard being there. It can serve multiple purposes such as informing mod users about future updates/what's being worked on or even be used by modders to take notes for themselves.

I think it could've had a cleaner look, but that can easily be fixed down the line.

This is just an observation, but I'd say about 95-98% of responses that are positive and how the person loves the game are from people that are "new members", which tells me this is probably their first TEW game (maybe 2nd).

Most the people that are having negative reactions are "low minors" and up, which tells me they've probably been around TEW/EWR a lot longer.

This makes me wonder if us "vets" aren't giving the game enough of a chance or that the "rookies" don't understand the issues we are talking about. (The truth is probably somewhere in between.)

Just an interesting observation I've made through the past 50 pages or so of text.

This is just an observation, but I'd say about 95-98% of responses that are positive and how the person loves the game are from people that are "new members", which tells me this is probably their first TEW game (maybe 2nd).

Most the people that are having negative reactions are "low minors" and up, which tells me they've probably been around TEW/EWR a lot longer.

This makes me wonder if us "vets" aren't giving the game enough of a chance or that the "rookies" don't understand the issues we are talking about. (The truth is probably somewhere in between.)

Just an interesting observation I've made through the past 50 pages or so of text.

Can't go too much by new members as a lot of us are former long time lurkers who just recently were required to create accounts.

What editor it's in doesn't really make a difference when it all comes down to using it in game anyway. People just seem turned off from even attempting to utilize the current system for varying reasons most of which seem overblown in my opinion.. but I don't see any of those folks changing their stance on it either so it is what it is I suppose. .

Either way I hope the finished product is enjoyable for as many people as possible.

I think you're very strongly underestimating just how much a RW modder's hands are tied as things stand. I'm in the editor for a good 8 hours a night (does this qualify as attempting to use the current system yet?) and I find new problems every day.

Do we need a new thread titled "Peoples unqualified psychoanalysis of BETA reaction comments"? These posts are close to half of this thread and offer nothing but sparking needless, distracting arguments.

Can we please save this for elsewhere, surely you guys realise the importance of a thread like this at this stage of 20's development.

Do we need a new thread titled "Peoples unqualified psychoanalysis of BETA reaction comments"? These posts are close to half of this thread and offer nothing but sparking needless, distracting arguments.

Can we please save this for elsewhere, surely you guys realise the importance of a thread like this at this stage of 20's development.

I'm trying to understand what you mean by this post. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Did you sleep well last night??

why post an opinion if you don’t want to discuss it with others?

Yeah sorry but I doubt that

I obviously can’t speak for everyone here a few issues with the game that a lot of these “younger accounts “ have (maybe I’m still considered a younger account?) but I personally first played TEW around 2005 even if I didn’t become a big fan til 2010 purchased my first Tew in 2013 became member in 2016 only TEW game I never played was 04 (which I’d like to try but can’t find it anywhere) and my age with wrestling sims goes back even further Extreme Warfare, Extreme Warfare Deluxe? (I think that was its name), EWR, Promotion Wars 1 & 2 , I think there was one also called pro wrestling nexus I think (I only remember that one never got finished ), anyways point is one shouldn’t assume the problem is solely with their younger fanbase, I’m assuming you didn’t mean anything negative with that comment but it was very close to being dismissive.

Anyways I said my piece , now back to topic I love most of the game but feel the lack off custom products is the number one issue, with the current ui being second, and lack of pushes (which I would only have as tags, thus hopefully making them easier to return)

Will this game have any QOL things added before it's released? And if so, how can we make sure the devs of the game listen to our feedback? There are things that are low quality in this game (or are unfinished) that would be nice to see. The wrestler icons are all over the place in terms of quality, there aren't event icons for smaller promotions (like UEW), and the UI is very unwieldy on top of being a big eyesore. I especially think that the question marks next to certain things like the options on contract negotiations should be re-added, because there is so much minutia in this game that is hard to remember.

I really hope the game is not released in this state because it feels quite unfinished, especially in the graphics department.

I've been playing for a long time and I think this game is much better than TEW 2016. There are issues, but people need to remember this is a BETA. TEW 2016 and TEW 2013 were being tweaked and made better for years after release. Neither were released in anything that resembles their current states.

My advice is that people should take time to learn the new game. There's no way that in less than a week anyone can really know whether or not it's new functions are good are bad.

Does anyone have a good workaround for angles. I'm using some preset angles and then making them freestyle to change what the workers are rated on. But is there a way to look up the worker's stats on the add angle tab or do I need to have that I mean going in to the add angle tab?

Will this game have any QOL things added before it's released? And if so, how can we make sure the devs of the game listen to our feedback? There are things that are low quality in this game (or are unfinished) that would be nice to see. The wrestler icons are all over the place in terms of quality, there aren't event icons for smaller promotions (like UEW), and the UI is very unwieldy on top of being a big eyesore. I especially think that the question marks next to certain things like the options on contract negotiations should be re-added, because there is so much minutia in this game that is hard to remember.

I really hope the game is not released in this state because it feels quite unfinished, especially in the graphics department.

The best way is to post in the suggestion section further down the main forum page. If you have suggestions, write them out and Adam will take a look and see if it is something he can do. Historically he has done his best to update and include things he is able to through patches, while saving things he can't do for the next game.

Does anyone have a good workaround for angles. I'm using some preset angles and then making them freestyle to change what the workers are rated on. But is there a way to look up the worker's stats on the add angle tab or do I need to have that I mean going in to the add angle tab?

There is a link to the roster page on the screen - 2016 had a direct link to the worker’s profile, but that has been omitted in 2020.

Is it too late to ask for "Booking Skill" to be added in the search parameters under workers?

Also some of the articles double post on the main page. Like a new tag team forming it will list it twice. It's not every single time though.

There's also a clipping issue at times where say there's a backstage incident and you handle it the box will come up and be clipping with whatever is underneath it. Again it's not every time.

I'm really liking the ability to complete all signings with the click of a button. That seems like a small thing but it's an awesome time saver.

This doesn’t seem like a helpful observation. As a few others have said, I’ve been playing and lurking since the EWR days but just never felt compelled to setup an account until now. Don’t think using how many posts someone has on a message board to separate where someone’s opinion might be coming from is that helpful.

Big, big fan of this game and think it’s the best in the series so far.

Is it too late to ask for "Booking Skill" to be added in the search parameters under workers?

Also some of the articles double post on the main page. Like a new tag team forming it will list it twice. It's not every single time though.

There's also a clipping issue at times where say there's a backstage incident and you handle it the box will come up and be clipping with whatever is underneath it. Again it's not every time.

I'm really liking the ability to complete all signings with the click of a button. That seems like a small thing but it's an awesome time saver.

A minor QOL thing that's missing is being able to filter a roster by stable. That would be very helpful for companies that make extensive use of stables

You should throw this stuff in the Suggestions section of this forum

Depends on how you look at it. We're not talking about Meltzer star ratings here, it's about segment ratings which are ultimately a tool to boost popularity.

If a sex appeal match will ultimately draw in more viewers than a traditional wrestling match, should it not rate higher?

It's arguable that such a match would indeed do so - just look at the crowd reaction the likes of Sable got at her peak, or Mick Foley's tale in (IIRC) his first autobiography about how his signing queue was empty while a diva's stretched out the door.

It would feel strange to see such a segment rate so highly mind you - a flashback to the old days where the old diva shooting t-shirts angle got 100 every time - but in mechanical terms it does make sense.

Sorry to restart this, but I'm the UK so just got up lol

And yeah this is what I mean,for certain products fact is fans will just simply prefer it. Let's not forget guys like angle, regal, your benoits and Guerrero etc. Got boring chants in this era, Debra got massive reactions just walking out

I still think miss kitty is a good example, she barely did anything but within months was getting insane reactions by live crowds. I watched a segment the other day where Chyna entered her in a bra and parties match, only thing miss kitty did all segment was complain saying "but I dont wear bra and panties!"

I remembered that was going to happen as I watched it and honestly, the pop was insane. Can guarantee it wasnt due to her entertainment skills lol

Someone mentioned HBK v Undertaker, other than the famous HIAC I've never seen casual fans discuss matches back, but even I see adults reminiscing on the attitude era the ladies are ALWAYS mentioned lol

Right, enough of that, I think points been made lol. One other product thing I was expecting was a more obvious list of what worker types suit which promotions. I have tested yet but dies anyone know if certain worker stats to get punished? So if I book a load of highly talented bowlers in say 'fast and future' will the matches still get high scores due to high talent in the matches?

And last thing, would it make sense (or even be possible st this stage) to have an "advanced search" on products? At the moment there are just a few general searches, could click advance search with options like "accepts comedy" "accepts hardcore" "accepts stunt bumps " etc ? Basically put in the things you want and it brings up those products?