TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Hello! Is there any angle types pack I can download and add to the game? I'm used to have angles from previous TEW games and I think the default ones in TEW20 are not concrete enough :) Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

My question is related to the performance center. So, I made one and I made it so there are no graduates since I'm playing in 1992, but I wanted to use it to help develop my future stars.  I sent 7 wrestlers there, but when I click Performance Center by their name, it says "(worker) is currently set to attend..." - so, are they attending? Do I need to do something else to get the ball moving? Also, how do I see a list of the current workers that are attending the Performance Center? 

If I use "Outside Interference" finish, does it automatically count as "Tainted Win" for popularity changes etc.? Or do I need to put both "Tainted Win" and "Outside Interference" Road Agent Notes there to get the effect?

On 6/19/2024 at 2:01 PM, siuplex said:

Hello! Is there any angle types pack I can download and add to the game? I'm used to have angles from previous TEW games and I think the default ones in TEW20 are not concrete enough :) Thank you very much!

The mod section of the boards is where you'd find any angle add ons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UltimateFIN said:

If I use "Outside Interference" finish, does it automatically count as "Tainted Win" for popularity changes etc.? Or do I need to put both "Tainted Win" and "Outside Interference" Road Agent Notes there to get the effect?

It should automatically count.

On 6/29/2024 at 8:44 PM, RatedRKO16 said:

My question is related to the performance center. So, I made one and I made it so there are no graduates since I'm playing in 1992, but I wanted to use it to help develop my future stars.  I sent 7 wrestlers there, but when I click Performance Center by their name, it says "(worker) is currently set to attend..." - so, are they attending? Do I need to do something else to get the ball moving? Also, how do I see a list of the current workers that are attending the Performance Center? 

Yes, they are attending. You can see the current workers either by looking at the wrestler and looking in their Status tab in the roster screen, or, going to the training facility section and looking at the PC in question - the current attendees is in a list to the right.

So I just had Fro Sure get caught in a Steroid Distribution Scandal in my latest game.  Hilarious that it happened to Fro, seeing that he’s the one dude I can never get to bulk up in any game ever.

Anywho, I went ahead and took the L and released him.  He will be missed, he had become a really good worker in this save.  Just curious, though, anyone know what would’ve happened if I just kept Fro Sure?  How bad could the PR damage possibly be?  

• Sad 1

On 7/3/2024 at 7:26 PM, dbritton987 said:

So I just had Fro Sure get caught in a Steroid Distribution Scandal in my latest game.  Hilarious that it happened to Fro, seeing that he’s the one dude I can never get to bulk up in any game ever.

Anywho, I went ahead and took the L and released him.  He will be missed, he had become a really good worker in this save.  Just curious, though, anyone know what would’ve happened if I just kept Fro Sure?  How bad could the PR damage possibly be?  

Depends on how big of a company you are. I had a game where Nicky Champion got caught with prostitutes and was released from USPW. I was small at the time and after like 90 days, he would talk to me because no one else would touch him and I ended up hiring him. The hit was negligible for me because of his popularity to my relative size. 

1 hour ago, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

What counts as overbooking? A lot of interferences? Does the individual focus stuff count?

A lot of run ins and outside interference and people at ringside and what not. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to like this game but I get so frustrated when matches, especially main event matches, get tanked ratings for no apparent reason. I tried turning off crowd management and crowd burnout but it still happens. Main event of my last show, one guy had a performance of 77, the other had a performance of 81, best referee and road agent I have, there were no road agent or dirt sheet notes indicating any kind of penalty, and yet the segment rating was 73. Why does this happen?

19 hours ago, TEOL said:

I really want to like this game but I get so frustrated when matches, especially main event matches, get tanked ratings for no apparent reason. I tried turning off crowd management and crowd burnout but it still happens. Main event of my last show, one guy had a performance of 77, the other had a performance of 81, best referee and road agent I have, there were no road agent or dirt sheet notes indicating any kind of penalty, and yet the segment rating was 73. Why does this happen?

Almost certainly your booking choices are the reason. In particular, many people continue to use the Keep Strong road agent note heavily as they haven't understood that, by its very nature, the trade-off is that it hits your match grade. This doesn't appear in the dirt sheet as it's not a penalty, it's something you chose to do (whether intentionally or otherwise). The numbers you quoted are consistent with that.

10 hours ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

Were you in a region where the wrestlers had little popularity?

Nope, most of my workers have pretty consistent popularity across America. Also worth noting it was only the main event that was affected this way, another title match on the same show was booked almost exactly the same and had individual performances of 72 and 79 but a segment rating of 80.

1 hour ago, Adam Ryland said:

Almost certainly your booking choices are the reason. In particular, many people continue to use the Keep Strong road agent note heavily as they haven't understood that, by its very nature, the trade-off is that it hits your match grade. This doesn't appear in the dirt sheet as it's not a penalty, it's something you chose to do (whether intentionally or otherwise). The numbers you quoted are consistent with that.

To be honest I tend not to use the booking notes much exactly because I feel like I don't really understand them, I tend to just put match aim as regular for everything (I use a product that doesn't require any specific match aims) and the only booking note I regularly use is dominate for squash matches. I'm quite hopeful for the announcement of the crowd heat meter in TEW IX as I'm hoping having clearer feedback will make it easier to work out what does and doesn't work.

On 7/17/2024 at 5:01 AM, TEOL said:

Nope, most of my workers have pretty consistent popularity across America. Also worth noting it was only the main event that was affected this way, another title match on the same show was booked almost exactly the same and had individual performances of 72 and 79 but a segment rating of 80.

To be honest I tend not to use the booking notes much exactly because I feel like I don't really understand them, I tend to just put match aim as regular for everything (I use a product that doesn't require any specific match aims) and the only booking note I regularly use is dominate for squash matches. I'm quite hopeful for the announcement of the crowd heat meter in TEW IX as I'm hoping having clearer feedback will make it easier to work out what does and doesn't work.

This happens to me SO often. I've found that if I quit and restart, they often get ratings anywhere from 77 to 90, with in-ring performances of like, 95 each. And the only road agent note was poor announcing, which shouldn't make THAT much of a difference (also my announcers have like, 90 announcing skill), and even when one of them takes a hit for inconsistency it's usually on the higher end of the scale, so I've never figured it out, I just reset until I get a good one. 

• Haha 1

Poor announcing can also result from inexperience of the announcing line-up together.  I had this issue a lot before I poached Duane Fry to go with Emma in my TCW save.  And it somehow REALLY drags match ratings down.

I had a question involving Respect.  Is this based on match scores relative to their overness?  Is it a thing that increases when they RA?  Both?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm hoping some experienced TEW2020 players can assist me in mapping out my show schedule here - any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I plan on launching a lengthy Local To Global Series. 

I plan on running weekly shows on a Saturday, with the weekly shows called "LIVE". At some stage late in the year, I plan on running some Special events "aka PPV quality shows" which would fall on a Saturday too. So am I best to set up my schedule as "Weekly" and for sake of ease, number them like "001". But that then causes issues to do my "PPV quality" show on the same day? And won't my week v. schedule be quickly out of order etc? 

The other thought process is that I set up the weekly shows as "Annual", which allow me the freedom of naming them "LIVE 001", "LIVE 002" etc, add the supershow(s) as required, and then returning to the "LIVE" schedule. But then as the game progresses to year 2, won't the schedule want to label the shows as "LIVE 001 1", and then "LIVE 002 1", as it's recognizing the event as a recurring event?

Would ultimately like to navigate a way that I can have my weekly shows as "LIVE 001, 002", then add the supershow as required, and then return to "LIVE 003, LIVE 004" - supershow - and then "LIVE 005, LIVE 006"..... 

Hope that make sense, appreciate any assistance! :)

22 hours ago, RingGeneral said:

Hi there, I'm hoping some experienced TEW2020 players can assist me in mapping out my show schedule here - any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I plan on launching a lengthy Local To Global Series. 

I plan on running weekly shows on a Saturday, with the weekly shows called "LIVE". At some stage late in the year, I plan on running some Special events "aka PPV quality shows" which would fall on a Saturday too. So am I best to set up my schedule as "Weekly" and for sake of ease, number them like "001". But that then causes issues to do my "PPV quality" show on the same day? And won't my week v. schedule be quickly out of order etc? 

The other thought process is that I set up the weekly shows as "Annual", which allow me the freedom of naming them "LIVE 001", "LIVE 002" etc, add the supershow(s) as required, and then returning to the "LIVE" schedule. But then as the game progresses to year 2, won't the schedule want to label the shows as "LIVE 001 1", and then "LIVE 002 1", as it's recognizing the event as a recurring event?

Would ultimately like to navigate a way that I can have my weekly shows as "LIVE 001, 002", then add the supershow as required, and then return to "LIVE 003, LIVE 004" - supershow - and then "LIVE 005, LIVE 006"..... 

Hope that make sense, appreciate any assistance! :)

I don't have any input about how to have that run, but miss the TFX stuff.