Why is USPW so OP?

I thought for sure that would be one of the changes given how ridiculous they were in 2016 but there doesn't seem to be anything done there. They are so far ahead of everyone else that catching them seems near impossible. Even with the penalties to size they have so much money that closing isn't a possibility. I thought for sure there had to be a narrative that knocks them back down to size but nope nothing there.

What gives? Is it so the game world has some big boss or something? They're even rigged to start dominating every region of the game world; by default they're either #1 or #2 in pretty much every region they're in as is.

I thought for sure that would be one of the changes given how ridiculous they were in 2016 but there doesn't seem to be anything done there. They are so far ahead of everyone else that catching them seems near impossible. Even with the penalties to size they have so much money that closing isn't a possibility. I thought for sure there had to be a narrative that knocks them back down to size but nope nothing there.

What gives? Is it so the game world has some big boss or something? They're even rigged to start dominating every region of the game world; by default they're either #1 or #2 in pretty much every region they're in as is.

I've always considered them the WWE, so yea....kinda?

outside of a long bleed out, their is gonna be a big boss in the real world (ominous voice) Then, now, forever. That's how i see USPW in the Cverse. If you wanna take down that company, it's gonna be forever and evvvaaah,

I kinda love it tbh. It’s shifting the American CVerse into more modern wrestling landscape today, it makes playing other companies really fun to fight them off or even expanding their empire by playing them. But that’s just me, I always felt that three big American companies in the CVerse didn’t properly match how wrestling really works and especially how the in game mechanics progress as time goes on

I think it's nice how many different types of companies in different situations exist. It would seem like an incredible and almost unrealistic fall from grace if USPW weren't on top at this point in cverse wrestling history. There's gotta be a Manchester City and Chelsea on top for you to bring down.

From "05 till the new release is 15 years. and with each new release tweaks and improvements were made. im sure some things happen organically but yes there is a power that be. and he has done a good job of keeping us entertained for 15-20+ years.

USPW is the CVerse equivalent of the WWE -- which is the unquestioned number one wrestling company in the world right now. AEW is a number 2 in the US, NJPW is more popular in Japan (I believe) than the WWE, but the WWE is more popular than them everywhere else. So it's not OP... It's just the way it is. There has to be a number one company in the world.

USPWs lack of a performance center, a feeder league and their extremely weak youth make them extremely vulnerable unless piloted by the player. I’d imagine in terms of a user option, they are essentially the games easy mode, where you can just freely book and buy the most over stars in the world at all times without worrying about much of anything regarding long term planning.

On the other hand as a sort of boss or obstacle to overtake, as mentioned playing the long game is a very real method at beating them out over the long haul.

You could always write your own narrative that guts them. Maybe their parent company hits hard times and gets bought out and the new owners aren't too fond of the 'rasslin, a'la AOL/Time Warner and WCW? Or maybe a big drug scandal weakens them or they suffer some kind of financial crisis. That's one of the cool things about TEW, you can edit and custimize the world in a lot of ways if you're willing to put in a bit of work.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hawk1665" data-cite="Hawk1665" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47899" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought for sure that would be one of the changes given how ridiculous they were in 2016 but there doesn't seem to be anything done there. They are so far ahead of everyone else that catching them seems near impossible. Even with the penalties to size they have so much money that closing isn't a possibility. I thought for sure there had to be a narrative that knocks them back down to size but nope nothing there. <p> </p><p> What gives? Is it so the game world has some big boss or something? They're even rigged to start dominating every region of the game world; by default they're either #1 or #2 in pretty much every region they're in as is.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:TAHOMA;">Sorry, I have to jump on this. USPW are so far ahead of everyone else because they are, obviously, the best wrestling company in the world. We no longer have that soulless and godless machine aka NOTBPW to worry about in Canada. No one shall stop our complete and total world domination! </span><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"><em>*Insert evil laughter here*</em></span></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hawk1665" data-cite="Hawk1665" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47899" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought for sure that would be one of the changes given how ridiculous they were in 2016 but there doesn't seem to be anything done there. They are so far ahead of everyone else that catching them seems near impossible. Even with the penalties to size they have so much money that closing isn't a possibility. I thought for sure there had to be a narrative that knocks them back down to size but nope nothing there. <p> </p><p> What gives? Is it so the game world has some big boss or something? They're even rigged to start dominating every region of the game world; by default they're either #1 or #2 in pretty much every region they're in as is.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You ever heard of the WWE, my friend?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ThePastor" data-cite="ThePastor" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47899" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>USPWs lack of a performance center, a feeder league and their extremely weak youth make them extremely vulnerable unless piloted by the player. I’d imagine in terms of a user option, they are essentially the games easy mode, where you can just freely book and buy the most over stars in the world at all times without worrying about much of anything regarding long term planning.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Get your logic out of here! Dang min-maxer!</p><p> </p><p> Seriously though, people making the WWE comparison are totally off. USPW seems significantly better off than that. The only really equivalent comparison I see is if Comcast or Verizon owned WWE. WWE is the biggest in reality but there's more than a handful of companies who could buy them with the change they find between the couch cushions in their boardroom. USPW seems somewhat bulletproof in their current position at game start. BUT, many of their stars are on the wrong side of 35 (or even 40!) and they don't have the facilities to counter that. So outside of poaching talent from elsewhere, they're going to need to change that.</p><p> </p><p> USPW is very beatable, if you play the long game. Problem is, most people don't tend to play games for 10+ years. So yes, in that case, USPW is the once and future king.</p>

USPW is basically owned by the Cornellverse version of Amazon.... and from long term sims I've run, they are happy to splash the cash on a top tier performance centre down the line to help shore up their weaknesses.

They are the big boss of the game, the competition it may never be possible to truly destroy and the people who will always push you to do better when you are at the top. And for as long as they have an owner who will splash the cash they will keep you on your toes. I hate them, they're great. :)

Sorry, I have to jump on this. USPW are so far ahead of everyone else because they are, obviously, the best wrestling company in the world. We no longer have that soulless and godless machine aka NOTBPW to worry about in Canada. No one shall stop our complete and total world domination! *Insert evil laughter here*

Was waiting for this, wasn't disappointed. 🤣

Nevertheless I struggle playing them,

gettin good grades for angles is a mess, as 5 minutes is all thats accepted, and for more than 2 people in it, even that is gettin penalized for being short, while at 6 minutes you loose the crowd.

On the match making side, Rich Money is in decline, Freeley vs. Champion could be good, but apart from that, I find diversity in the main Events difficult, any hints, what will work?

Guest skinsfan55
I actually find USPW very UNDERpowered as a player. I can't seem to make it work with them, and they're pretty much the only company I ever want to run.

I actually find USPW very UNDERpowered as a player. I can't seem to make it work with them, and they're pretty much the only company I ever want to run.

I think given their position, finances & historical approach it's amazing they didn't win the battle for Rocky Golden/poach any of the other big names in SWF/TCW. It doesn't feel like the roster is strong enough to support the popularity they've, somehow, reached.

And i still struggle when playing them.................still cannot pull off a good rated show. I think their product is terrible, it makes creating stars via angles very difficult due to their limitations in length.

Financially they are way above everyone else and likely will remain that way unless the the AI manages to pull off some major broadcasting deal, so you can probably out muscle everyone, even if you suck at booking events (like i do).