Is anybody struggling to play without grades?

<p>I'm all about numbers, grades were a nice alternative for some bits but numbers are a lot more accurate, also you have the variance groups 45-70 etc.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm going to be another to make the comparison but, coming from Football Manager, it's very easy to make the transition.</p>

<p>I've also preferred either playing with numbers or downloading a pack that has the combination of numbers and letter grades so the change itself hasn't bothered me so much.</p><p> </p><p>

My only issue with the match grades is why are they so damn small? The most important information in the whole game and its put into the smallest space possible that's easy to miss. This information should prominent on-screen. Really hoping that part of the game gets a resigned screen more akin to the TEW 2016 version.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mitsunari" data-cite="Mitsunari" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48658" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've also preferred either playing with numbers or downloading a pack that has the combination of numbers and letter grades so the change itself hasn't bothered me so much.<p> </p><p> My only issue with the match grades is why are they so damn small? The most important information in the whole game and its put into the smallest space possible that's easy to miss. This information should prominent on-screen. Really hoping that part of the game gets a resigned screen more akin to the TEW 2016 version.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i agree with this point, i do not mind the numbers, but damn they are small.</p>

Yes. I find the worker skill screens incredible hard to look at, even with the colours, which are still wrong. To me grades were a really, really.. I don't know the word for it. It was the thing. The colours, they way they looked. Every thing about them was so great. :( I loved how a worker's skill rose little by little from D- to D, then D+, then suddenly C-.. To me it does nothing to see 40-52, 45-58.

Nah I like it. Getting a 70 one week and a 72 the next and 71 the next is much more satisfying than just constantly getting B's. I feel like it's another way besides ratings to get a feel for how your show is doing week to week.

I don't mind numbers for the worker's stat (although I do think the gap between the name of the stat and the stat itself confusingly too long), but I do really miss grades for the match and show ratings. Especially as the post-show screen seems to have a massive amount of unusued space in the bottom-right corner that could be used for a nice big custom grade icon.

<p>I liked the grade system and wasn't thrilled that I couldn't change it. However I've noticed that it makes me look closer at workers that I'm hiring when I use the number system. </p><p>

It's definitely going to take some getting used to. I tried to do it on TEW 16 and went back to grades.</p>

<p>I played TEW 2016 with numbers, mostly, but towards the end went back to grades and found that I preferred it. Either way works for me, though. </p><p> </p><p>

The color scheme is the bigger issue for me. Others have said as much but that brilliant blue gives me a feeling of satisfaction whether it's 98 or A*. Gold isn't working for me yet.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edenborn" data-cite="edenborn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48658" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I played TEW 2016 with numbers, mostly, but towards the end went back to grades and found that I preferred it. Either way works for me, though. <p> </p><p> The color scheme is the bigger issue for me. Others have said as much but that brilliant blue gives me a feeling of satisfaction whether it's 98 or A*. Gold isn't working for me yet.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not even gold. It's just yellow. I doubt it was even intended to be gold.</p>

It's a little jarring but I'm sure I'll adapt. What I dislike about the numbers is how exact they are. I like having a little vagueness because it forces me to think a little more. I know when I've played FM, OOTP and past TEW I always try to stay away from pure number stats.

My preference was always Grades but I'm getting used to the numbers.

That does not mean I like it, if Grades were an option I would switch back in an instant but I can see at this stage the chances of us getting Grades back are slim to non just based on how the game is built so ... we must just accept it I suppose.

Yeah I agree with most of you. It's not so much the fact that grades were cut but more so the size of the numbers replacing them. If show scores were 3x the size and match scores were 2x the size, I wouldn't have a problem with the change at all. The game is just so much bigger and the scores are so much smaller...

I always preferred letter grades. I liked having the option of using both. Obviously it's nice to know the number but it isn't something I want to see all the time. I always played TEW for fun and crunching numbers has never been my idea of fun. Different strokes for different folks.