New Forum Minor issues Thread

1 hour ago, Derek B said:

It seems like the PM inboxes for people have significantly shrunk in size with the move.  I think it used to be 500 messages in total for regular users, and a lot more for mods, but currently it seems to be limited to 50 for everyone.

For what it's worth, the new system probably works out better for us, because one chat (say a PM between you and myself) would count as one message no matter how many times we go back and forth in that chat. It's only an issue because every individual message sent on the previous forum has been mapped across as its own message.

14 minutes ago, hellshock70 said:

Apparently the move recovered every message I have ever sent or received. A month or so ago I had exported a bunch then deleted them and was down to 250 (50%) on the old forum.

lol.jpg

Just as I was thinking the mailbox issue wouldn't affect me, years of mafia PM's are back! Well, there's some history to go through there. Thanks for the memories!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Markw said:

Just adding what I'm sure is probably a known issue, we can't access any pages after page 100 of a thread (see the cverse rerender thread as an example) at the minute.

Also seems to be a cutoff around March 23 for some threads. Reaper's title thread is 35 pages but cuts off on page 25 with the last posts being March 23, 2022. Saw another one... maybe Kam's logos that has that same date.

14 minutes ago, eayragt said:

Just as I was thinking the mailbox issue wouldn't affect me, years of mafia PM's are back! Well, there's some history to go through there. Thanks for the memories!

Pretty much anyone that has ran mafia games, worked on mods or anything else that had a high volume of messages is probably gonna need a way to export their messages to sort later or might have to create a 2nd account until they can sort them out.

1 hour ago, hellshock70 said:

Also seems to be a cutoff around March 23 for some threads. Reaper's title thread is 35 pages but cuts off on page 25 with the last posts being March 23, 2022. Saw another one... maybe Kam's logos that has that same date.

I noticed the same thing on my Rise of a Star diary, which covers 14 pages of posts but cuts off for me after page 7, with the most recent visible post dated March 21 (even though it, along with a number of other diaries here, has been very busy, with posts extending well past that date up to this past Wednesday, the day the forum move began).

Yeah I agree re. the skin.

I also wonder if it would be possible to move the general discussions thread into their game sections now? Being able to toggle categories so I just see the games I'm interested in would be really useful if we didn't still have the huge sections under GDS central, I want to see GDS General Discussions when I'm using the forum, but I'm not that interested TEW 2005 and WMMA 1/2/3 discussion you know?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, D-Lyrium said:

I disagree with milamber, but the option to choose would be cool. Most forums have a 'dark mode/light mode' option, which I can't seem to find here.

If you scroll right down to the very bottom of the board you can select from one of two themes - the default is dark, the other is a lighter version. It's next to the Contact Us button.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

If you scroll right down to the very bottom of the board you can select from one of two themes - the default is dark, the other is a lighter version. It's next to the Contact Us button.

Nothing next to Contact Us for me. Further along there's a button for Facebook and Twitter, but that's it.

20 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

Seems like it might only be enabled for mods/admins at the moment, because all I have down there is a link to the theme creator's site, no option to change it.

Edited by D-Lyrium
  • Like 1

Assuming it's an option, can we have HTML enabled in the dynasties forums? The WYSIWYG editor is pretty, and cool, but a lot of people are used to the way they format their dynasties, and for some layouts it's more convenient to use HTML (thinking of tables in particular, which are fiddly AF in Word). Plus, the existing dynasties that use HTML are broken now (not to mention BBCode... but I'm guessing that one's not going to be an option over here?).

Edited by D-Lyrium
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, falling_star said:

image.thumb.png.969cf9f72ebbe004f2e7f0e450795885.png

Click on the "Customizer" switch on your control panel and you can select the background you want on the forums, light mode, dark mode, etc.

It's the little slide icon to the right of your messages.

This one here ^^^ Plus you can set your forum width to fluid, which should help with a lot of the posts that have been created with defined widths.

Eager for the cross-over to complete!

There are still a ton of  background processes going. On Monday, I will make a list of threads not fully loaded and send it to their support for them to check on. I'm also trying to get a lighter skin option that you guys can toggle. I have a partial one that Adam was talking about, but only the mods can see it as it isn't functional yet

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Markw said:

Yeah I agree re. the skin.

I also wonder if it would be possible to move the general discussions thread into their game sections now? Being able to toggle categories so I just see the games I'm interested in would be really useful if we didn't still have the huge sections under GDS central, I want to see GDS General Discussions when I'm using the forum, but I'm not that interested TEW 2005 and WMMA 1/2/3 discussion you know?

There is a toggle option to the right of "GDS Central":

image.png.1d1e9c1b28f23c45a18dc917f1666a5b.png

16 minutes ago, Arlie Rahn said:

There is a toggle option to the right of "GDS Central":

image.png.1d1e9c1b28f23c45a18dc917f1666a5b.png

Hey Arlie,

Thanks I get that, what I mean is, I don't want to toggle off the GDS General discussion, or like the discussion threads for the two or three games I'm interested in - I wouldn't want to miss important stuff there. But having all of those discussions sections for individual games in GDS central means I can't just toggle them and have only the ones I'm interested in visible. I'd like the discussion sections to be with their individual games so we get the most use out of the toggle personally.

Edited by Markw

It is a very long way to scroll down to get to the TEW2020 diaries and mods sections, which I imagine are by far the most visited sections (though happy to be proven wrong!).

It'd also be good if users could change their names without having to PM a mod. Please consider this.

• Like 3