TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

40 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Taking a peek in my most recent save (where I am playing SWF so I can't check them), the AI has at least a couple of angles in the 80s on every 21C and USPW show, but I am not seeing 90s and the stuff that hits 80s tends to be interview segments only so I think your point may be valid about the AI not grokking something about the change to booking. Sorry to misunderstand.

I'm usually not a fan of "cheating" from the computer-controlled promotions but I don't think it'd hurt my feelings if a patch included, like, a five-point boost to computer-produced angles if the promotion's got a competent booker.

7 minutes ago, D.W. said:

I'm using MDB Viewer Plus and I loaded up the Cornelverse just to mess around with it.

Most categories work fine, but if I try to do anything in "Workers", name, height, weight, birthdate, it gives me that error.

Does MDB Viewer Plus allow you to export a table and import it back in again? That might be the best option (I've been doing that even in Access).

@Adam Ryland Sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to post it, also sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere

I've been messing with the editor in game and I'm having a weird issue when editing wrestlers. Whenever I change a persons picture they completely disappear from the editor and I can't get them back. I don't know why that happens and I can't seem to find a way to get them back. For example, I changed Art Reed's picture and now i can't find him in the editor at all, yet he's still in the game.

2 minutes ago, ALinc said:

@Adam Ryland Sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to post it, also sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere

I've been messing with the editor in game and I'm having a weird issue when editing wrestlers. Whenever I change a persons picture they completely disappear from the editor and I can't get them back. I don't know why that happens and I can't seem to find a way to get them back. For example, I changed Art Reed's picture and now i can't find him in the editor at all, yet he's still in the game.

Are you using a filter, such as filtering out workers without pictures? 

1 hour ago, Mammoth said:

I can't help you with the problems you're having but in answer to your question, yes. I love the external editor and it works great for me. I've already done all the heights and weights for my Territory Daze modification! ❤️

I love the C-Verse but work being done on RW 1970 is awesome!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mammoth said:

No filters at all, he still shows up under the contract editor, he's just completely vanished from the workers no matter what search I use. Even if I use no search he's gone

3 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

Actually, I just tried editing someone's popularity, as soon as I click save they vanish but they're still on my roster and everything

1 minute ago, ALinc said:

No filters at all, he still shows up under the contract editor, he's just completely vanished from the workers no matter what search I use. Even if I use no search he's gone

Just now, ALinc said:

Actually, I just tried editing someone's popularity, as soon as I click save they vanish but they're still on my roster and everything

In that case, it sounds like an error and you're best off posting in the Technical Support Forum. If you confirm in your post that you've ensured you haven't got any filters on too, that'll help Adam. 👍

3 minutes ago, ALinc said:

Have you tried the latest beta? There's a patch note that suggests this may have been corrected earlier today.

Edited by The Superman 3 of People

4 minutes ago, The Superman 3 of People said:

Have you tried the latest beta? There's a patch note that suggests this may have been corrected earlier today.

Did not see the patch, that fixed it

Thanks guys!

Think I spent approximately four hours tweaking things before pressing continue for the first time. Remarkable levels of depth and detail again, guys. Haven't got into the nitty gritty of gameplay at all yet but the effort is incredible every single time.

• Like 1

I haven't played in a few years, so downloading the beta and playing through a few weeks has been a bit of a learning curve, it's all slowly coming back to me though and my show ratings are on the up.

First impressions are good. I feel like the relationship stuff needs turning down a notch or two, there seems to be a little too much of it, maybe?

I don't hate the AI renders, but I miss the cartoon faces. Some of the guys that are meant to be in their early 20s must have had a hard life lol. 

The angle booking system feels a little disjointed, but I think that's due to me still finding my feet after a few years away from the game. 

In summary, it's a thumbs up from me. Take my money. 👍

The editor is a lot easier to use as far as creating characters than last year. I'm planning a c-verse expansion for the joshi side of things with Higa and HEART leaving to join WINNOW. I didn't want to just give WINNOW the free agents so I am creating some people to plan ahead. It hasn't been as creatively draining to create people for me personally compared to 2020.

• Like 1

Hi I'm sorry if this is not the right that for this. But I've just downloaded the trial and my PC keeps telling me "the cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required is corrupt"

Does anyone know what that means or how to fix it. I'm so bad at computers. Thanks for any help 

1 minute ago, JJJJJJJ said:

Hi I'm sorry if this is not the right that for this. But I've just downloaded the trial and my PC keeps telling me "the cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required is corrupt"

Does anyone know what that means or how to fix it. I'm so bad at computers. Thanks for any help 

Check the Technical Support forum. There's already a thread for this exact error.

• Like 1

Loading times are a little beefy at this point. Have clocked more than one minute at times. I totally get why, but hopefully that gets shaved down a little for the full release.

Add me to the bandwagon of people that did not give 2020 a real go. It was the first game I missed, but I will not be missing out on this one.

I've very much enjoyed the beta and I haven't even played many days yet.  Doing WWF 1984 and I can agree with people saying it feels more alive. etc I got several updates and even got to fire The Fabulous Moolah because she attacked Leilani Kai.  Billy Idol is running the show and he ain't respecting old arrangements. :p

I was quite amused because Wendi Richter came to me with a creative idea during the same show.  Now to get to work on setting up a booking team. This looks fun.

• Like 1

I would make this strong recommendation to anyone playing this update - play as RAW

I will explain why.

There are a fairly large and widespread bunch of changes in the game and if you want to best learn how to deal with them then the fed you choose makes a difference.  RAW seems to offer the best options to learn the new mechanics.

You start with a tv deal and good money

You are the largest player in your region but there are 3 others.  You won't get cannibalised whilst you learn but have options to talent raid and sign free agents.

The roster is fairly happy but there are enough differing personalities that you are going to experience and have to deal with some of those challenges as you learn.

The concept is simple -its WWF in the era pre bringing women's wrestling back 

That  concept is alterable, so you can add womens wrestling or make other changes over time without utterly destroying yourself.

Everyone is on handshake deals but you are big enough to offer written exclusive

Your roster has insane star quality many of whom are decent in ring too

If you talk to talents who don't work Oceania you can get them to do so, especially younger ones but many others too.  This means you can chase your roster how you want relatively easily.

Bringing in overseas workers offers the potential for expansion elsewhere.

The style of wrestling may not be to everyone's taste but in terms of options as to how to play and especially how to LEARN as many of  the mechanics as possible RAW seems like the absolute best choice.  As a starter fed it offers the most varied playstyle variety, you can be a raider or not, you can expand or not, you can adjust the product over time and survive.  RAW seems to offer a player the safest and most varied potential learning experience 

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 3

I compiled links to all the promotion discussion threads created so far in case a mod or other senior poster wanted to create an index thread like the 2020 one. I didn't think I should do it myself in case I'm not senior or active enough to keep editing in others quickly as they're created, but thought I could help with the groundwork:

USA

FCW

GSW

MAW

PSW

QAW

SWF

TCW

USPW

JAPAN

BHOTWG

BRITISH ISLES

21CW

CWW

EUROPE

EWA

VWA

OCEANIA

APW

DIW

RAW

ZEN

I don't believe any Canada, Mexico or India threads have been created yet, with Oceania the only completed set

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 619 said:

I compiled links to all the promotion discussion threads created so far in case a mod or other senior poster wanted to create an index thread like the 2020 one. I didn't think I should do it myself in case I'm not senior or active enough to keep editing in others quickly as they're created, but thought I could help with the groundwork:

USA

FCW

GSW

MAW

PSW

QAW

SWF

TCW

USPW

JAPAN

BHOTWG

BRITISH ISLES

21CW

CWW

EUROPE

EWA

VWA

OCEANIA

APW

DIW

RAW

ZEN

I don't believe any Canada, Mexico or India threads have been created yet, with Oceania the only completed set

Done.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is the place for it but one of my favourite moments from the demo was browsing the database and finding out that former mexican referee Roberto Mendez is now a dead ringer for David Lynch.