The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Same, is that a bad thing?

I just saw NBA2K11 is announced, can't wait best basketball game I've ever played hands down!

I agree.

1) It's cheaper then NBA Live...... sorry Elite

2) The gameplay is better, I have never seen Shaq do a cross-over, but in Live he did

3) The graphics are better

4) MGreene78 is doing a my player dynasty in special dynasty forum and it made me try it out. It's quite fun.:D

I agree.

1) It's cheaper then NBA Live...... sorry Elite

2) The gameplay is better, I have never seen Shaq do a cross-over, but in Live he did

3) The graphics are better

4) MGreene78 is doing a my player dynasty in special dynasty forum and it made me try it out. It's quite fun.:D

I have NBA 2K10 for PC and enjoy that a lot even though I'm not a basketball fan. It works perfect with an XBOX 360 controller.

• 7 months later...

Thought I would give this thread a good bump. Since GDS is truly a Indy Gaming Company and has a major wrestling fanbase on it I figure I would see how many people have heard of another Indy wrestling game. It has a few varations made by one guy Mat Dickie http://www.mdickie.com/ He has a few other games but I would just like to see what people think of the games. Im not trying to get people to stop playing TEW/WMMA or any other GDS game but I found these games recently and figured someone else here might like them.

Now on to my personal opinion about.... well almost of his games. Great concepts but just are not implemented to their full potential. Not to say I would stay way from them entirely but just not have that high of expectations. The most recent wrestling game from him is a Booking Sim where you also need to play as the wrestlers and the other version is where you go through from rookie to big leagues as if the business was real (like Wrestling Spirit). Both are good, playable, fun, but just feels to repedative and things happen out of the blue. So if I was to rate it I say a 3 - 5. I would recomend trying it out and seeing if you like it.

Thought I would give this thread a good bump. Since GDS is truly a Indy Gaming Company and has a major wrestling fanbase on it I figure I would see how many people have heard of another Indy wrestling game. It has a few varations made by one guy Mat Dickie http://www.mdickie.com/ He has a few other games but I would just like to see what people think of the games. Im not trying to get people to stop playing TEW/WMMA or any other GDS game but I found these games recently and figured someone else here might like them.

Now on to my personal opinion about.... well almost of his games. Great concepts but just are not implemented to their full potential. Not to say I would stay way from them entirely but just not have that high of expectations. The most recent wrestling game from him is a Booking Sim where you also need to play as the wrestlers and the other version is where you go through from rookie to big leagues as if the business was real (like Wrestling Spirit). Both are good, playable, fun, but just feels to repedative and things happen out of the blue. So if I was to rate it I say a 3 - 5. I would recomend trying it out and seeing if you like it.

MDickie is okay. If he improved his graphics I would speak a bit more highly about him. That and his last two games feeling really unneeded.

MDickie is okay. If he improved his graphics I would speak a bit more highly about him. That and his last two games feeling really unneeded.

True, the one about the bile and the followup did seem to be his last hurrah and it is his last hurrah which I do find unfortunate as his games were fun, if a bit repetitive and tedious but the graphics I found to be fine, for a one man project those are good graphics.

Recently got back into one of my all-time favorites...X-Com. Man that game never gets old. How many X-Com fans do we have here?

i am a fan, nut never cared for the one with a lot of underwater stuff, also took me ages to get into it, but i knew what i was doing its an awesome game

Finally had time to have a crack at Fight Night Champion and am loving it. So much better than Round 4. Unfortunately I injured my thumb doing real boxing recently, which hasn't helped my cause :-p Still, finished the story mode, which was an awesome new addition, just getting started on the career mode.

It gets a (sore) thumb up from me so far!

Just finished Arkham Asylum for the first time...such a great game. Cannot wait for Arkham City.

Snap. I think Arkham and Red Dead are the two most 'fun' games I've played in years. Had an absolute blast with Batman...I don't care if Arkham city doesn't improve a single thing, I just want to play more.

Is there any word on which bad guys will be appearing yet? I'm assuming from the trailers etc that Joker, Two-Face, Strange and Catwoman will be in it....hopefully Croc and Bane are back too.

I hate to say it for how much Origins rocked but Awakening is udder crap. Maybe they fixed some of the major issues like in the castle you get no sound( could just be my copy though). The story is much, much weaker then Origins with some characters that you just want to strangle. But everyone's favorite drunk dwarf makes a return. Overall, only if you are a hardcore fan of Dragon Age, I would still recommend, anyone else would just get kicked off the bandwagon before they even try DA2.

• 4 weeks later...
I know this is really for the Steam group thread, but Steam is having a 2K games sale and yesterday was Borderlands. They must have messed up because Borderlands GOTY Edition is still $7.50. It is worth getting, it comes with all of the DLC, and you get access to a Duke Nukem Forever website. So that's pretty neat. I also wanted to get this thread kicking because video games.

Is anyone following Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken x Street Fighter? I know the release date is far off but just the idea is making me giddy like a school girl. :p

Screw that. Less than a week to go until MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes me giddy like a school-girl.

I know I'm behind the times a bit, but I just finished Assassins Creed and started the second one. The first one was fun for awhile but by the end I felt like it was getting super repetitive. So far the second one is way better and the movements seem to flow better. The graphics also seem way nicer.

Here is another Steam related update. This weekend is Rockstar Games sales. 75% off of Max Payne 1 & 2 as well as Bully. The price, in US dollars, for either Max Payne 1 or 2 is $2.49 and the bundle is $3.74. Bully is also $3.74. There is also a Splinter Cell sale going on, all games plus Conviction DLC for $25.98. Sadly, the individual games are not given a discount. Although, if you want to get Bully and Max Payne, get it now because a new set of games are due later today.

Has anyone ever played Hydro Thunder. Got it off the arcade a few weeks a go pretty much a simple boat racing game. For some reason it is highly addictive mainly because every time you race it displays someones gamer tag who has a quicker time than you, at each check point you see how faster or slower you are than them. I am not a fan of racing games in general but found this one a right laugh, it's an old n64 game I think.

• 2 months later...
It was a fine game, but I'm not that excited.

I'm more 'giddy' for Elder Scrolls. :p

As for StreetFighter x Tekken, it's coming eventually. Tekken x Streetfighter might not be coming, and i'd like that one WAY MORE.

I'm actually playing Elder Scrolls IV for the first time after years of hearing how great it was, and for a game made in 2006 it is a blast. I went from not caring about this newer one coming out to really looking forward to it, hopefully they don't drop the ball ala Dragon Age 2.

• 2 weeks later...