Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

I thought it might be hardcore, but then if you have hardcore at average or above don't you get penalised for low match risks? I was thinking more attitude era hardcore title hardcore with lots of run ins, I don't want to suddenly have fans demanding lots of barded wire matches just so I can have a crazy overbooked match lol

You don't need barbed wire matches. The default singles matches are set to "Very Low" content, you get a penalty if you don't use "Low" level match content. Not as extreme as death matches

How is the wrestling industry? How is the economy?

Industry: B- (falling) economy D (falling)

the thing is, we started at "E" pop, I've only had like, 1 show that didn't increase pop, and I've gone from 700 fans or so a show to 320 in under a year.

Seems awful brutal for a small company. I've had to pretty much cut back to nothing and a crap 1 hour show a month, when the first 2-3 months i was making 3K a month with a decently booked show.

Do i just need to weather the storm, or is losing the regional battle (northeast, so I can only really beat 1 other company, NYCW)

What's the difference between a deal with a broadcaster for events vs. a tv show? I've had a weekly event on my broadcaster for awhile because negotiate for a TV show was grayed out. I just realized it was because I hadn't created a TV show not because they didn't want me to have a TV show but since the events seem to functioning in the same way, what's the difference?

You don't need barbed wire matches. The default singles matches are set to "Very Low" content, you get a penalty if you don't use "Low" level match content. Not as extreme as death matches

Ah awesome, not sure why I didn't realise that on TEW 2013 lol

thank you :)

Is there anyway to replicate when you try to sign a wrestler and they simply say they are interested in joining your company. For example I tried to sign, I think Cherry Bomb, with SWF and she said she was not interested, but did not give a reason. I have had people tell me because the product is too risky, but I don't know how to get somebody to just not be interested in signing with me, even though they have no negative relationships or anything with the owner. Hope this makes sense.

Is there anyway to replicate when you try to sign a wrestler and they simply say they are interested in joining your company. For example I tried to sign, I think Cherry Bomb, with SWF and she said she was not interested, but did not give a reason. I have had people tell me because the product is too risky, but I don't know how to get somebody to just not be interested in signing with me, even though they have no negative relationships or anything with the owner. Hope this makes sense.

If my mind serves me right, Cherry Bomb is the head booker of AAA. Head bookers and owners will never sign with another promotion that is at cult or higher.

I created an alliance with a World Title and World Tag Team Titles. There are 5 promotions in the alliance. Will the AI ever borrow the titles and use them. Or do I have to. Ive gone 2 years and neither one has been defended.

The AI certainly should. They have every time I've run a simulation of my data. I even had one company's developmental be part of the alliance, and they borrowed the champion and another worker worthy of challenging for the belt, giving them a heck of a main event well above what they're normally capable of!

I created an alliance with a World Title and World Tag Team Titles. There are 5 promotions in the alliance. Will the AI ever borrow the titles and use them. Or do I have to. Ive gone 2 years and neither one has been defended.

One potential issue could be financial. If the champion is too expensive, or the promotions can't afford to borrow the bests, then it could prevent them from being utilized.

If my mind serves me right, Cherry Bomb is the head booker of AAA. Head bookers and owners will never sign with another promotion that is at cult or higher.

National or higher in TEW16, it seems. I signed Cherry Bomb at Cult just fine.

The AI certainly should. They have every time I've run a simulation of my data. I even had one company's developmental be part of the alliance, and they borrowed the champion and another worker worthy of challenging for the belt, giving them a heck of a main event well above what they're normally capable of!

One potential issue could be financial. If the champion is too expensive, or the promotions can't afford to borrow the bests, then it could prevent them from being utilized.

Maxx is right. In my game, in an alliance with AAA and my two development promotions, AAA borrowed the tag titles (and put them on The A-List) and the midcard title (put it on Jaime Quine) and one of my dev promotions (WTW) borrowed the world title (put it on Christy Higgins), all in January. Jaime Quine got signed by USPW and the midcard belt went vacant until WTW borrowed it and put it on Juliette King in mid-February. But it was never defended until I decided to put it on Wendy Anderson. Can't see why my dev promotions wouldn't borrow the titles since they don't pay their own bills but AAA can't catch a break because their monthly shows are on the same day as my TV show (Tuesday). With The A-List (who work for me exclusively now) embroiled in a hot storyline, AAA never gets to borrow them. But Christy's often available (their shows are on Wednesdays) and Juliette was the same. But due to worldwide coverage, the workers are a lot more expensive now. Christy's $1300 per show which is only slightly less than Cherry Bomb's $1700. But they borrowed Melody from me and her alliance loan contract is for a $9500 fee for one appearance.

Hey, I tried searching, and maybe there is no answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway:

Kirk Jameson and Mainstream Hernandez have their tag title experience erased. When these things happen, what the extent of the retcon? Did they never tag, or just not enough to warrant putting experience in (I don't recall ever seeing, for example, an established tag team with 7 experience.) Is there any way to tell or is it one of those things that you just have to fill in the blanks yourself?

National or higher in TEW16, it seems. I signed Cherry Bomb at Cult just fine.

It not about size - it's all about if contract is exclusive or not - you won't able to sign her even at regional if you would offer "exclusive ppa" deal! You was able to sign her while at Cult, because you offered her PPA deal, not a Written deal!

It not about size - it's all about if contract is exclusive or not - you won't able to sign her even at regional if you would offer "exclusive ppa" deal! You was able to sign her while at Cult, because you offered her PPA deal, not a Written deal!

Go back to TEW13. Owners and bookers wouldn't accept ANY contract from a Cult or higher promotion. PPA, XPPA, Written, nothing. They won't even open negotiations. It was about size then because it was an outright block.

In TEW16, they will open negotiations with Cult promotions but they won't accept exclusive contracts (which makes perfect sense). I don't know if this applies to National and above but I know Cult no longer gets the 'I won't even speak to you' message.

Go back to TEW13. Owners and bookers wouldn't accept ANY contract from a Cult or higher promotion. PPA, XPPA, Written, nothing. They won't even open negotiations. It was about size then because it was an outright block.

In TEW16, they will open negotiations with Cult promotions but they won't accept exclusive contracts (which makes perfect sense). I don't know if this applies to National and above but I know Cult no longer gets the 'I won't even speak to you' message.

Thanks Remianen you always seem to help me out lol