Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Is there a way to get one of my workers to get into shape? He went from flabby to obese and it's really bothering me. I'm looking through and I just don't see it anywhere.

Perhaps send him to development with the focus of 'getting into shape'? Or it might just have to do with lifestyle/personality and/or age.

I'd say that's fine. A 99 rated match would need a hot storyline in a company requiring them in my opinion, otherwise you might as well just run a perf>>pop product focused purely on in-ring performance.

That's probably my issue. My product is similar to ROH's. I'm just gonna do the storylines in my head and in notepad. Best thing about TEW 2016 is that their are about 90 different ways to play it. :)

How many months can a promotion take off before you start losing pop?

In 2013, it used to be six months without coverage in a particular region, before your popularity in that region began to drop.

Why workers have suddenly began asking downsides again? Patch or 2 ago I signed 3 wrestlers and a manager without downside which makes sense with a PPA contract, you shouldn't get paid if you ain't booked.

Are you playing with a bigger company now? I think at local and small workers won't demand downsides, while at regional or higher they do. Not sure if this is exactly true, but something along those lines.

Just jumped to regional so that explains it.

I think that's probably the case, yeah - don't think the patch changed anything as I have games going on at small and local and haven't seen anyone asking for downsides.

Someone want to do me a solid? I want to make sure I'm not screwed up (game wise, that is :p ) and I hate calling things 'bugs' just because I don't understand them.

Here's what you do:

Clone your savegame

In the cloned game, open your backstage screen and take a screenshot (make sure all of your negative influences are shown, or as many as possible)

Now, give everyone a $5k - $10k bonus.

Check the backstage screen again. Are there fewer negative influences?

I've tested it six times and every single time, I lose negative influences (5k) or wipe them out completely (10k). Even Toni Parissi stops being negative (or at least doesn't show up on the backstage screen as negative).

Someone want to do me a solid? I want to make sure I'm not screwed up (game wise, that is :p ) and I hate calling things 'bugs' just because I don't understand them.

Here's what you do:

Clone your savegame

In the cloned game, open your backstage screen and take a screenshot (make sure all of your negative influences are shown, or as many as possible)

Now, give everyone a $5k - $10k bonus.

Check the backstage screen again. Are there fewer negative influences?

I've tested it six times and every single time, I lose negative influences (5k) or wipe them out completely (10k). Even Toni Parissi stops being negative (or at least doesn't show up on the backstage screen as negative).

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Like, literally.

Morale is taken into account when determining backstage atmosphere. Negative influences who're happy don't tank the backstage atmosphere.

Can't remember if that's new for '16 or not.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Like, literally.

Morale is taken into account when determining backstage atmosphere. Negative influences who're happy don't tank the backstage atmosphere.

Can't remember if that's new for '16 or not.

Nope, not new. Just fired up 13 and gave Lady Lotus a 10k bonus and she dropped off the negative influences list. Hadn't really done bonuses (except to clear the 'irritated' state) so never realized it was possible. So I guess I can stop jobbing Toni Parissi to teach her humility in the hopes of making her non-negative then, huh? :p

How do people get over in promotions based more on pop than performance that don't have TV?

For some reason PWSUX is pop heavy, despite the template for "Hardcore Revolution" being a split of pop/performance.

Anyway: How do I increase the popularity of workers in promotions with no tv but are more pop based? Is it angles? Do I have spam menace angles? Do I have to job my up and comers to "stars" a million times? F'N magnets pop-promotions without tv, how do they work?

I've got major deja vu asking this question.

Let me solve this problem for you, forevermore.

It's the same thing as any other promotion.

Lemme say that again.

People get over via angles, via matches, via storylines, or a combination of the three.

At Small, it's even easier because your roster should be smaller so you have fewer workers to focus on.

Run your shows in your home region and ONLY your home region, until you hit mid-Regional. At that point, the people you've been pushing will be crazy over (relative to your promotion size). This ensures you're making the most possible money and so can more easily afford those workers.

The formula is simple and has been since time immemorial: Less popular workers in segments with more popular workers will tend to gain popularity. In general terms, you're a nobody. But if you're seen hanging out with Leonardo DiCaprio on a regular basis, you immediately become a somebody (and there goes your privacy). The same thing applies to workers in wrestling. TV just allows you to spread those gains over wider areas. It's not a must-have at small promotion sizes. Tailor your segments to your workers' strengths and stand back.

Let me solve this problem for you, forevermore.

People get over via angles, via matches, via storylines, or a combination of the three.

Well it's all well and good saying that but I've no problems getting people over in performance or half and half promotions but in pop based feds not only are most of my roster standing dead still on gains, I've had guys LOSE popularity working squashes matches where I had them set to dominate, much to my chagrin. Edit: Okay I've double checked and one of my guys have did make slight gains, but in general still not so much.

And when you say storylines, do you mean angles or storylines? Because while I do use the angle often I don't use the storylines function as much.

Edit: Also, another thing. Let's say Worker 1 has D+ pop, and worker 2 has D- pop. No one else in my promotion is as popular as worker 1 and I don't want to bring in popular guys to job to worker 2. So in a pop promotion how to I get worker 2 on an equal par with worker 1?

Thanks for the explanation. Seems counter productive to me but either way the penalty is excessive. I did an experiment last night and ran the exact same event and the same card and location twice. I did one with my storylines active with heat in the upper 70's and one with without any storylines. I turned momentum effects off so that it would not have any bearing on the outcome. The one with storylines that received the low heat penalty scored an 85. The one without the storylines scored a 99. That's a pretty big hit. I think I'm gonna not play with storylines from now on. lol

Might I ask why you have a match that would score a 99 with a storyline that only has 70 heat?? Surely your popularity of the two workers involved means the storyline heat should be MUCH higher than that if you're booking their angles correctly?? Perhaps rather than turn Storylines off you can examine why that is happening??

Saying that though, it's your game, you're perfectly entitled to do whatever you want, but that just doesn't seem like good booking.

Well it's all well and good saying that but I've no problems getting people over in performance or half and half promotions but in pop based feds not only are most of my roster standing dead still on gains, I've had guys LOSE popularity working squashes matches where I had them set to dominate, much to my chagrin. Edit: Okay I've double checked and some of my guys have made slight gains, but in general still not so much.

And when you say storylines, do you mean angles or storylines? Because while I do use the angle often I don't use the storylines function as much.

Edit: Also, another thing. Let's say Worker 1 has D+ pop, and worker 2 has D- pop. No one else in my promotion is as popular as worker 1 and I don't want to bring in popular guys to job to worker 2. So in a pop promotion how to I get worker 2 on an equal par with worker 1?

Repetition. Basically, every angle or match that worker 2 is in that rates higher than D (or maybe C-), they'll gain popularity. It won't be in huge chunks but they will gain some. The thing is, at PWSUX's size, you don't need to put on B+ rated segments to grow. Those Ds are GOOD at Small. And it generally doesn't take a whole lot to get from Ds into the C range.

Storylines are a good means to that end as well. They don't have to be intricate or complicated. For example, Worker 1 doesn't like Worker 2 so they feud. That's a storyline! And even with 50/50 booking, they'll both come out of the storyline more popular than they were before because of the storyline's heat. How's the old saying go? A high tide raises all boats?

Basically, it's going to take time and you're not going to like it but all it really takes is having the workers you're focused on appear in segments on the show that rate out higher than their current popularity. That's it. Works the exact same way with all products. The difference is, it can seem like a slog when you're trying to get what you NEED (popularity) and it's not happening quickly. But it IS happening (as you've seen). Little by little, one step at a time. A balanced product would give you more options (and maybe speed things up a bit as a result) but it can still be done with popularity over performance.

My suggestion? Hire a manager/valet type to be the general manager. If her mic/entertainment skills are up to par, she can manufacture popularity simply by being in segments with your workers. I've heard people say it works with sex appeal too at low popularity levels (as long as other people in the angle are rated on something different?) but I've never tried that.

Perhaps send him to development with the focus of 'getting into shape'? Or it might just have to do with lifestyle/personality and/or age.

Yeah it's Masato Tanaka, he's 43, but being a obese light heavyweight is ruining his matches for me because he has great chemistry with one of my workers and was putting on some great matches until he became a slob.

Just wondering about this one...

"Hire Local Wrestlers"

Great addition, but after hiring a wrestler for a one-off show, he becomes an "Alumni" in my fed. Is that normal or the way it's supposed to be?

Well yeah. You don't have to spend years in a company to be an alumnus. Although it does kinda stretch the bounds of imagination. Under that definition, Cheerleader Melissa is a former WWE Diva because she wrestled Victoria on Heat once. :p

Yeah it's Masato Tanaka, he's 43, but being a obese light heavyweight is ruining his matches for me because he has great chemistry with one of my workers and was putting on some great matches until he became a slob.

Ouch! Maybe he stopped caring or is egotistical enough to think he doesn't need to stay in shape? Maybe tell him to drop down to middleweight then see how his physique turns out?

How would you set up a game if you want it to be like ROH with a little more storylines, or WWE with a little more focus on the in ring action? I still want gimmicks but more of the cocky, arrogant kind and not very many of the hokey kind.

How are USPW not international in this game? "Cult size in a game area" should be 47 importance in two regions, they're much bigger than that all over the map.

Check the size screen in game, you have to be cult size in three foreign areas now. They're solidly National in Canada and Mexico, but 17 everywhere else

Check the size screen in game, you have to be cult size in three foreign areas now. They're solidly National in Canada and Mexico, but 17 everywhere else

They also don't have over 71 Importance in 8 regions of America. They could be National in every other game area but without the required importance in their home area they don't qualify.