General Gameplay Questions Thread

I agree. I also think you should get more warning about guys leaving for politics

Haven't seen that one yet, but that one I get. It's kind of the same as a retirement where they leave the business. If they do something like that it should void the financial side of their contract, but if for any reason they came back to the business you should still own their contractual rights and pick that contract back up, similar to the way it would work IRL.

So I have a question, I have had 3 people 1 Manager, 1 Road Agent, and 1 Commentator all leave my company. None of them had any negative relationships with me or morale complaints, one has started elsewhere (but at both places it has been handshake non-exclusive deals) just curious why? Is it simply a random chance some people get bored of where they are?

So I have a question, I have had 3 people 1 Manager, 1 Road Agent, and 1 Commentator all leave my company. None of them had any negative relationships with me or morale complaints, one has started elsewhere (but at both places it has been handshake non-exclusive deals) just curious why? Is it simply a random chance some people get bored of where they are?

Pretty sure the Itchy Feet attribute makes this more likely to happen, but it happens regardless of that. I was unlucky enough to have one half of two tag teams decide they wanted a new challenge and walk out... had to feel for their partners a little (and me as the booker...).

Can a 30 man Royal Rumble get 98+ match scores?

I want to set one up as a Main Event but I fear all the jobbers/midcarders will drag down the rating or even give "was used too much" if the match is a full hour.

What are your tips for a successful (98-100) 30 Man Royal Rumble main event?

The best rating I ever had in 2016 for one of these was a 40 min match where 3 main eventers were chosen to dominate, keep strong, and semifinalists.

I wish there were a way to set "Ring Time" of each worker so that I could set up one hour and have my jobbers have "8 minutes" ring time, so they can get something out of being in the match but not bring down the rating or show grade "jobber was used too much, jobber in main event", etc.

I don't know if this is an error or not but just booked a match with Matt Riddle and Shinsuke Nakamura. It was booked to 'steal the show' and go 17 minutes. It got a rating of 70 and in the road agent notes it said Riddle was penalised for inconsistency and stamina, but his ratings for both are 92 (stamina) and 87 (consistency). Is this an error where stats are somehow having the reverse effect? I can't think why else he'd be punished!

I don't know if this is an error or not but just booked a match with Matt Riddle and Shinsuke Nakamura. It was booked to 'steal the show' and go 17 minutes. It got a rating of 70 and in the road agent notes it said Riddle was penalised for inconsistency and stamina, but his ratings for both are 92 (stamina) and 87 (consistency). Is this an error where stats are somehow having the reverse effect? I can't think why else he'd be punished!

Steal the Show increases the the risk of consistency issues, and applies All-Out to the match which makes them go harder, using stamina quicker. I also think All-Out matches are supposed to 15 minutes or less for optimum rating.

Steal the Show increases the the risk of consistency issues, and applies All-Out to the match which makes them go harder, using stamina quicker. I also think All-Out matches are supposed to 15 minutes or less for optimum rating.

Ah good catch. Although it's a shame a worker with great stamina and/or high consistency stats can't overcome those caps.

I've recently read that using success/defeat in angles builds momentum for the workers with success, thereby "getting the heat back," which is amazing because I never knew this was possible. I thought I was just losing a cosmetic thing.

So now that I'm learning about it, what equates to minor/major? My thinking would be:

Minor Success: Roddy Piper debuts in WCW to confront Hollywood Hogan with a verbal altercation, based on the promo that he delivered.

Success: Jon Moxley debuts in AEW, taking down Chris Jericho and battling with Kenny Omega, based on Mox standing tall in the end.

Major Success: Shawn Michaels turns on Marty Jannetty, throwing him through the window of The Barber Shop, based on the importance of the angle and the blood.

Would this be right? Either way, can I get some more examples so I can try to categorize things better?

Major success: Andre turns on Hogan, Austin/Tyson pull apart, Mankind's backstage interviews with JR (cumulatively, at least), Hogan allies with the Outsiders

Success: Mick Foley debuts Mr Socko, Rock's 'Fruity Pebbles' promo on Cena

Minor success/defeat: Typical post-match attack/promo

Defeat: Billy Gunn praying to God (saved from a major defeat as he wasn't on-screen), Booker T in the supermarket brawl with Austin

Major defeat: Earthquake destroying Hulk Hogan, DX packing the Spirit Squad off to OVW

I don't believe that success/defeat should necessarily be balanced in a segment; Hogan didn't lose anything near as much as Andre gained in their segment, for example, and no-one lost anything in the Austin/Tyson segment. Equally, Earthquake annihilated Hogan and put him on the shelf for months, but didn't become a massive star off the back of that.

Still, balance should be considered - a typical promo probably will be a minor gain for the winner, and a minor loss for the loser. That's not always the case; You can have a couple of promo masters who'll both benefit more from the interaction than they'll lose from getting chewed out, so both might get minor successes from that.

I don't believe that success/defeat should necessarily be balanced in a segment; Hogan didn't lose anything near as much as Andre gained in their segment, for example, and no-one lost anything in the Austin/Tyson segment. Equally, Earthquake annihilated Hogan and put him on the shelf for months, but didn't become a massive star off the back of that.

Still, balance should be considered - a typical promo probably will be a minor gain for the winner, and a minor loss for the loser. That's not always the case; You can have a couple of promo masters who'll both benefit more from the interaction than they'll lose from getting chewed out, so both might get minor successes from that.

I definitely agree with this. Obviously most people wouldn't want to just spam major success as that's gaming the system to the point of it really just being cheating. But 100% I'd say some angles only have winners. And it doesn't bother me personally using these sparingly. The example of Austin/Tyson works in that just being featured in such a hyped angle benefits both people, so in that case it wouldn't bother me at all both people coming out good.

Out of interest what do they say if you try to rehire them? Just that they aren't interested in talking after just leaving?

Can a 30 man Royal Rumble get 98+ match scores?

I want to set one up as a Main Event but I fear all the jobbers/midcarders will drag down the rating or even give "was used too much" if the match is a full hour.

What are your tips for a successful (98-100) 30 Man Royal Rumble main event?

The best rating I ever had in 2016 for one of these was a 40 min match where 3 main eventers were chosen to dominate, keep strong, and semifinalists.

I wish there were a way to set "Ring Time" of each worker so that I could set up one hour and have my jobbers have "8 minutes" ring time, so they can get something out of being in the match but not bring down the rating or show grade "jobber was used too much, jobber in main event", etc.

I know the way multi man matches calculate the rating has been changed for this reason. I don't have much experience booking them myself but I know it should be easier for them to pull high grades now.

Whilst you can't set ring time, you could pick some of the worst/lowest popularity people and add the road agent note 'limited involvement' as I think this essentially then assumes they aren't in the match for long. This does negatively impact the match a little but perhaps not as much as their involvement would?

I've got a medium sized promotion doing solid ratings usually in the low 70's. I'm based in the Great Lakes and I've started getting this note after my shows..

"We would have gained popularity in 3 Canadian regions but growth was restricted due to a limited number of viewers here."

I only have viewership in 3 regions of Canada, my Canadian broadcaster is Small sized and I'm in a late night slot.

I have not in the history over my promotion (year and a half) had a show in Canada, only house shows. Should I start running shows there or should I try to get a better TV deal?

I've got a medium sized promotion doing solid ratings usually in the low 70's. I'm based in the Great Lakes and I've started getting this note after my shows..

"We would have gained popularity in 3 Canadian regions but growth was restricted due to a limited number of viewers here."

I only have viewership in 3 regions of Canada, my Canadian broadcaster is Small sized and I'm in a late night slot.

I have not in the history over my promotion (year and a half) had a show in Canada, only house shows. Should I start running shows there or should I try to get a better TV deal?

First thing I would try is getting a better tv deal, and if that does not increase viewership then maybe try running like one or two shows there a year.

In the creative Next Big Things sections, what does the wording mean?

The one i seem to get is "millions of dollars - probably not, valuable member" note.

Is this a decent asset or run of the mill person (but i see alot of good workers not on it) is there a guide as to what these words indicate as they are vague for a reason im sure, as they are a guide not a certaintly.

But does it mean anyone that hasnt shown up on there wont be a top star? so dont bother with them?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Major success: Andre turns on Hogan, Austin/Tyson pull apart, Mankind's backstage interviews with JR (cumulatively, at least), Hogan allies with the Outsiders<p> </p><p> Success: Mick Foley debuts Mr Socko, Rock's 'Fruity Pebbles' promo on Cena</p><p> </p><p> Minor success/defeat: Typical post-match attack/promo</p><p> </p><p> Defeat: Billy Gunn praying to God (saved from a major defeat as he wasn't on-screen), Booker T in the supermarket brawl with Austin</p><p> </p><p> Major defeat: Earthquake destroying Hulk Hogan, DX packing the Spirit Squad off to OVW</p><p> </p><p> I don't believe that success/defeat should necessarily be balanced in a segment; Hogan didn't lose anything near as much as Andre gained in their segment, for example, and <em>no-one</em> lost anything in the Austin/Tyson segment. Equally, Earthquake annihilated Hogan and put him on the shelf for months, but didn't become a massive star off the back of that. </p><p> </p><p> Still, balance should be considered - a typical promo probably will be a minor gain for the winner, and a minor loss for the loser. That's not always the case; You can have a couple of promo masters who'll both benefit more from the interaction than they'll lose from getting chewed out, so both might get minor successes from that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My experience is that if you don't have "Defeat" at minimum (Minor Defeat not good enough?) then you won't get world class ratings. </p><p> </p><p> So, in TEW2020, Andre turning heel on Hogan was a 60-70 segment as there's no in-storyline jobber to take the "defeat".</p>

Is it normal that when I sign wrestlers to an Exclusive Written deal, that they work out the entire remainder of their old Non-Exclusive Written deal?... its really frustrating, E.G. I signed Bandido away from IMPACT however as they're higher rated then I am he still works their shows over mine on his old Written Deal.

Is it normal that when I sign wrestlers to an Exclusive Written deal, that they work out the entire remainder of their old Non-Exclusive Written deal?... its really frustrating, E.G. I signed Bandido away from IMPACT however as they're higher rated then I am he still works their shows over mine on his old Written Deal.

Yep. Totally normal. If you sign a worker who has 21 days left on an old contract to an exclusive written deal you will wait those 21 days before he becomes available to you.

In the future if you wanna cheat the system you can edit the old contract to 1 day BEFORE you finalize the deal and you'll get em right away. It's a total cheat but its your game... if you want the guy thats one way to get them right away.