AI Recreates the CornellVerse (with John Lions)

Just dropping a line in here to give you your flowers! These are outstanding and you got a great hold pulling these logos together.

I'm kind of still getting used to the idea of AI graphics becoming a part of our small, niche world, but that's just me having to adapt!

Your APW set is clean and uniform. I definitely updated everything there.

My favorite has to be CZCW though. It's a great modern take on the company and the colors/design pop. ACPW comes in a close second, and yeah, all the maple leafs on every logo is pretty wild now that it's pointed out and I can't unsee them lol

Thank you for your work. Wanted to drop a line with a formal response. 

Are you planning on making events by any chance? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont like making requests but saw you were using WCW for your own game as well. Any chance of some more historical events to match? Love the current ones of course but would like to add things like Starrcade/world war 3/great american bash/Fall brawl?

Seeing everyone give AI tips and tutorials across various threads is also inspiring so may tap into that in a bit

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AboardTheArk said:

These are beautiful and such incredible, stylistically consistent work. 

I do have to be the most pedantic person in the world though and mention that the GCG logo should actually have a tiger or panther instead of a lion, them getting a lion as a logo was a mix-up with the BCG lion at some point and it just stuck. 

You're not pedantic at all! Honestly, you said this and I feel like I need to turn in my "old head" card, I 100% remembered the gold GCG logo as soon as I put this together. To be fair to me, I never paid any real attention to CVerse Japan until after they died...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Really happy with how this turned out, it felt like I was "remembering" what their logo used to look like as I put this together. Thanks for the kind words!

14 hours ago, Blackman said:

Some incredible work here on the logos. Personally not a fan of the character render style, but it's indeed stylistically consistent, which is the most important thing.

Thanks! I know the render style isn't going to be for everybody, but I think that's pretty similar to those GDSverse style renders - you either love them or hate them. I love the uniformity within the Thunderverse, but that's how I always felt about the ThunderVerse-style renders in the Cverse, they just looked off to me. I'm glad that everyone now has the ability to create their own vision of their games and share them, these past few weeks have been a ton of fun.

@MegaCity1 I give up I can't figure out how to quote across different pages. Thank you for the kind words! Seeing people responding is what keeps me going back to this every day. That, and my long-suppressed desire to redo every single graphic and make it uniforrm in the CVerse...
I'm 100% planning to do events. The end goal is to re-do every existing graphic that comes with the game, and then add more (like event graphics). It's criminal that event graphics have been in the game for years and we don't have a full set in the base data at this point.

image.jpeg

There's the full CZCW logo. If you look closely you can see where I edited it (there was only 1 C in the original logo, but I HAD to have this one. It looks amazing).

@Sisma @Harts4Life Thanks for the praise. Titles are next (along with belts) - on the front page I made a google sheet where I pulled every single title from the base game over and I'm planning to go through them all.

@jesterx7769 Honestly as long as the requests are a reasonable quantity, I have no issues. One of the perks of this is that since I'm not MAKING the art, I experience the same feeling you guys feel when you see some of these logos, belts, etc that stood out to you. I'm along for the ride too!

Here's the WCW events. I might re-do World War 3, it looks more like a movie poster than a wrestling show... but the details are immaculate. Check out the one guy with the machine gun:

image.png

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 7

Here's the last of it. That's EVERY SINGLE logo + banner (plus some bonus banners) that comes with the default CVerse. I think I'll figure out how to zip them all up so I can post the download link if people want to replace everything, or pick and choose whichever ones they want.

Saw a few people asking for events, so I'll do some of those next. Any suggestions for promotions? I think I'm going to start with the TV shows of the big promotions. If anyone has a promotion in particular they want me to do it for, let me know!

After I get a couple of event sets out of the way, I'll probably do some titles next. Same thing - if you have a promotion you want to see, let me know, otherwise I'll probably do the biggest promotions first so I can get those out of the way.

CORNELLVERSE LOGOS (Yet To Debut and unused logos)

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

CORNELLVERSE BANNERS (Yet To Debut and unused banners)

TIER1.jpgSAW.jpgRMW.jpgQPW.jpgPWC.jpgOCW.jpgNWF.jpgMHW.jpgMGPW.jpgL-RING.jpgKITSUNE.jpgKCCW.jpgKANZEN.jpgGDS.jpgYEPW.jpgXWA.jpgWPL.jpgUCW.jpgimage.jpeg

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 9

ChatGPT announced this week they are adding "GPTs", which are basically built in API for specific chats. They have some built in by default, but they will be adding the ability to make your own.

As soon as that's available, I am going to work to create a "GPT" to create renders. I'll leave it flexible so you can change the style of render to whatever you want, but I'll also likely put in some functionality where you can paste into the chat any render, and have it recreate it in the style you want. Afterwards, you'd just have to make adjustments based on /slash inputs. Or, you could just use the /slash inputs to create a render from scratch. I'll also have it save your image seeds and prompts when you get a result you like, so it can recreate images of any worker.

image.png

Hopefully it's pretty user-friendly, so I can create some for making logo, belts, events, etc. I'm not actually making any of this, all I do is make some simple edits that anyone could do with a little practice. I want to try and create some tools so that anyone can make graphics for their own games as easily as possible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John Lions said:

ChatGPT announced this week they are adding "GPTs", which are basically built in API for specific chats. They have some built in by default, but they will be adding the ability to make your own.

As soon as that's available, I am going to work to create a "GPT" to create renders. I'll leave it flexible so you can change the style of render to whatever you want, but I'll also likely put in some functionality where you can paste into the chat any render, and have it recreate it in the style you want. Afterwards, you'd just have to make adjustments based on /slash inputs. Or, you could just use the /slash inputs to create a render from scratch. I'll also have it save your image seeds and prompts when you get a result you like, so it can recreate images of any worker.

Hopefully it's pretty user-friendly, so I can create some for making logo, belts, events, etc. I'm not actually making any of this, all I do is make some simple edits that anyone could do with a little practice. I want to try and create some tools so that anyone can make graphics for their own games as easily as possible.

Teach a man to fish... something something backdrop. Tools like this would be literally game changing.

Did some light edits with Gimp too following your guide, thank you.

Deathmatch Wrestling Alliance.JPG

• Like 2

That looks great, thanks for sharing! Glad I was able to help someone.

Not much more tonight, I think I'm just mentally defeated from mindlessly making those banners, and looking back at the first page I can see a few that I will need to re-do or touch up. If any of you see any logos/banners that stand out in a bad way, can you just let me know the names? I think I can recognize most of the ones where the logo on the left isn't lined up evenly, or I need to cut out the background of the logo on the banner because the transition looks bad. Another example for what I'm looking for - The ZEN logo text at the bottom isn't symmetrical, which is an easy fix. Others like GCG's traditional logo being a tiger are great too - are there any logos you want to see another take on?

Two custom promotions from my personal game, that I renamed from the placeholder names I used to use graphics that already existed.

Parisian Grapple Gala (PGG), founded by Garion LaChance in Paris, France, a hardcore lucha libre company in a continent with probably less than 10 masked workers. I'll have to jump in and add some alter egos to some of these guys before I move forward through 2023...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Samurai SPIRIT, a promotion I jumped in and created personally. The Great Hisato took over PGHW as head booker in late 2022 in my game, and his first act was to cut costs. He cut a group I call the "Seven Samurai" - KitoGuchi, Ryoma Muruyama, Akinori Kwakami, Kazushige Matsuki, Daigo Goya, and a new gen young lion Tokugawa Shikuk. Well, it turns out Chojiro Kitoaji has above average booking skills, and there was a wealthy high business skill veteran sitting in free agency - Hiroaki Nakasawa. There was no way I couldn't scoop up those 7 and make a new company, because there's no SHOT they don't try and take PGHW down.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I always want to try and make a post a day with some progress, at least until the CVerse is fully re-rendered. Been a busy day both at work and at home so I haven't had much time, but here's the TCW event logos, some with alts. @WalterSobchak has already done a great set of TCW events (Click here to see them), but I tried to use the existing event logos as inspiration, rather than a reimagining of it.

TCW EVENT LOGOS:

TCW_ALittleSouth.jpgTCW_DestructiveEnergy.jpgTCW_ExcessiveForce.jpgTCW_WhereAngels.jpgTCW_TotalMayhem.jpgTCW_ThreateningBehavior.jpgTCW_TheWar.jpgTCW_SummerShowdown_alt.jpgTCW_SummerShowdown.jpgTCW_PsychoCircus.jpgTCW_Malice_alt.jpgTCW_Malice.jpgTCW_HotterThanHell_alt.jpgTCW_HotterThanHell.jpgimage.jpeg

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 13

On 11/7/2023 at 9:42 PM, John Lions said:

You're not pedantic at all! Honestly, you said this and I feel like I need to turn in my "old head" card, I 100% remembered the gold GCG logo as soon as I put this together. To be fair to me, I never paid any real attention to CVerse Japan until after they died...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Really happy with how this turned out, it felt like I was "remembering" what their logo used to look like as I put this together. Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks! I know the render style isn't going to be for everybody, but I think that's pretty similar to those GDSverse style renders - you either love them or hate them. I love the uniformity within the Thunderverse, but that's how I always felt about the ThunderVerse-style renders in the Cverse, they just looked off to me. I'm glad that everyone now has the ability to create their own vision of their games and share them, these past few weeks have been a ton of fun.

@MegaCity1 I give up I can't figure out how to quote across different pages. Thank you for the kind words! Seeing people responding is what keeps me going back to this every day. That, and my long-suppressed desire to redo every single graphic and make it uniforrm in the CVerse...
I'm 100% planning to do events. The end goal is to re-do every existing graphic that comes with the game, and then add more (like event graphics). It's criminal that event graphics have been in the game for years and we don't have a full set in the base data at this point.

image.jpeg

There's the full CZCW logo. If you look closely you can see where I edited it (there was only 1 C in the original logo, but I HAD to have this one. It looks amazing).

@Sisma @Harts4Life Thanks for the praise. Titles are next (along with belts) - on the front page I made a google sheet where I pulled every single title from the base game over and I'm planning to go through them all.

@jesterx7769 Honestly as long as the requests are a reasonable quantity, I have no issues. One of the perks of this is that since I'm not MAKING the art, I experience the same feeling you guys feel when you see some of these logos, belts, etc that stood out to you. I'm along for the ride too!

Here's the WCW events. I might re-do World War 3, it looks more like a movie poster than a wrestling show... but the details are immaculate. Check out the one guy with the machine gun:

image.png

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

yeah this is great and so quick and easy, these look great! what prompsts have you been adding for events? just like "wcw, starrcade, event logo"?

edit: im sturggling to get good event logos if that wasnt clear lol company logos and title bets are amazing and suuuuuuuuper addicting.

Edited by jesterx7769
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John Lions said:

I always want to try and make a post a day with some progress, at least until the CVerse is fully re-rendered. Been a busy day both at work and at home so I haven't had much time, but here's the TCW event logos, some with alts. @WalterSobchak has already done a great set of TCW events (Click here to see them), but I tried to use the existing event logos as inspiration, rather than a reimagining of it.

TCW EVENT LOGOS:

TCW_ALittleSouth.jpgTCW_DestructiveEnergy.jpgTCW_ExcessiveForce.jpgTCW_WhereAngels.jpgTCW_TotalMayhem.jpgTCW_ThreateningBehavior.jpgTCW_TheWar.jpgTCW_SummerShowdown_alt.jpgTCW_SummerShowdown.jpgTCW_PsychoCircus.jpgTCW_Malice_alt.jpgTCW_Malice.jpgTCW_HotterThanHell_alt.jpgTCW_HotterThanHell.jpgimage.jpeg

wow these look great and how you have them so aligned on style but unique and differetn

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jesterx7769 said:

yeah this is great and so quick and easy, these look great! what prompsts have you been adding for events? just like "wcw, starrcade, event logo"?

edit: im sturggling to get good event logos if that wasnt clear lol company logos and title bets are amazing and suuuuuuuuper addicting.

For events, using ChatGPT I provide all of the names of the events at once. I give a general guideline of the style, I describe the general aesthetic of the promotion, and if possible I upload images as examples. I give some general instructions - for TCW, I told it I wanted a gray-black gradient background, modern style logo, and TCW must be on every image. I had it use inspiration from the existing logos for color schemes, logo theme, etc. Then I just go through image by image. I tell it when I "pick" a logo, so it can learn what I'm generally looking for and give better examples going forward. I let it throw something at the wall, and if I want something specific I'll clarify after it takes a shot at the logo. Sometimes it gets it immediately, other times it takes some nudging to get to something I like.

Unless I run into server issues, I might not have a ton of graphics tonight. I just got access to create GPTs, so I am toying around putting my existing render making API in. If I'm right, I can create a GPT that will let anyone input the "style" of render they want and create renders with simple / commands, and save the images they like forever in a way you can carry over to future chats. Still playing with using uploaded images to create the new render as well. I am using Greg Gauge as a "test" and I feel like I got a pretty great render after only a handful of tries:

image.jpeg

I do have 1 logo, TCW Total Wrestling. I realized I need to do the TV shows, as well as the new PPV events that don't have logos in the default data - Battleground and King of Kings

TCW TOTAL WRESTLING:

image.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think, at least to try for a month, the $20 is definitely worth it. Especially because, from what I've seen, Bing cannot do landscape-oriented pictures - which makes titles infinitely more difficult.

Here's the rest of the TCW TV and Event logos. I spent a couple hours playing around with making that GPT and I'm not happy with it, so I'll keep tinkering. Have been busy with work so I am going to bust out a ton of titles and events tonight. If you have promotion in particular you want me to tackle, drop it here.

TCW_Battleground.jpgTCW_KingOfKings.jpgTCW2.jpgTCW3.jpg

Battleground - King of Kings - Saturday Night Showcase - TC On TV!

• Like 8

Not a ton tonight, but here's all of 5SSW's events and TV shows. They had 3 different TV shows in the default data, surprisingly (Supreme Wrestling, Spotlight, and Showcase).

Pretty happy with how these turned out. A handful I might touch up or re-do (Wrestle Challenge, Joshi Mania) but I think I got a handle on how to make consistent event logos.

5 STAR SUPREME WRESTLING

Events:

5SSW_WrestleChallenge.jpg5SSW_WomenOfWrestling.jpg5SSW_TheJGrandPrix.jpg5SSW_ReignSupreme.jpg5SSW_QueendomParade.jpg5SSW_JoshiMania.jpg5SSW_JapanSlam.jpg5SSW_HeartsChampion.jpg5SSW_HallOfFame.jpg5SSW_FinalAttack.jpg5SSW_DynamoTag.jpg5SSW_BigCrush.jpg

TV:

5SSW2.jpg5SSW1.jpgimage.jpeg

Let me know what you think, and what CVerse promotion you want me to work through next. Otherwise I'll probably just keep working through the promotions that have event logos/belts in the game alphabetically.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, John Lions said:

Not a ton tonight, but here's all of 5SSW's events and TV shows. They had 3 different TV shows in the default data, surprisingly (Supreme Wrestling, Spotlight, and Showcase).

Pretty happy with how these turned out. A handful I might touch up or re-do (Wrestle Challenge, Joshi Mania) but I think I got a handle on how to make consistent event logos.

5 STAR SUPREME WRESTLING

Events:

5SSW_WrestleChallenge.jpg5SSW_WomenOfWrestling.jpg5SSW_TheJGrandPrix.jpg5SSW_ReignSupreme.jpg5SSW_QueendomParade.jpg5SSW_JoshiMania.jpg5SSW_JapanSlam.jpg5SSW_HeartsChampion.jpg5SSW_HallOfFame.jpg5SSW_FinalAttack.jpg5SSW_DynamoTag.jpg5SSW_BigCrush.jpg

TV:

5SSW2.jpg5SSW1.jpgimage.jpeg

Let me know what you think, and what CVerse promotion you want me to work through next. Otherwise I'll probably just keep working through the promotions that have event logos/belts in the game alphabetically.

Wow, just wow. These are awesome. I love the color scheme. Looking forward to FCW when you get there

• Thanks 1

No graphic updates - I've been splitting my time this weekend messing around with the GPT feature and taking care of a sick cat...

Anyway, I've been trying to develop a GPT that will allow anyone to create Logos/Titles/Events/Stables/Dojos with pretty minimal effort. I created a really basic set of instructions and examples based on the graphics I've been using. I have not stress tested this at all, but I am about to use it to crank out a ton of graphics. If you have ChatGPT+ and want to try it out, please follow this link:

https://chat.openai.com/g/g-lC5JLzmeg-tew-ai-designer

There's very little complicated about it - if you start creating graphics for a promotion, it will start with the Logo and try to keep the designs and aesthetic consistent throughout all the titles and events. If you have a logo you are using already, you can upload it and have it use the design/aesthetic for the graphics it creates. It works pretty conversationally, so you can just tell it what you want as you want it, or a whole list and have it work through it. The titles by default should come out as illustrated, in landscape. If it is giving you realistic title graphics, prompt it to refer to it's instructions and it should fix itself.

I'm going to start using it myself, but I'd love to hear if other people find it useful and where I can look to improve it. Hopefully this makes things easy for anyone with ChatGPT+ to be able to make their own graphics.

These are my first three chats using it:

image.png

Note that all of these graphics would need editing in GIMP (5-10 minutes worth) to be usable. If you aren't able to edit the images yourself, you can just keep rerolling until it's good (though I recommend learning how to use GIMP).

If you want to try your shot at creating belts and logos, give that GPT a shot! Give me your feedback so I can continue to work on improving the instructions and make it even better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, John Lions said:

No graphic updates - I've been splitting my time this weekend messing around with the GPT feature and taking care of a sick cat...

Anyway, I've been trying to develop a GPT that will allow anyone to create Logos/Titles/Events/Stables/Dojos with pretty minimal effort. I created a really basic set of instructions and examples based on the graphics I've been using. I have not stress tested this at all, but I am about to use it to crank out a ton of graphics. If you have ChatGPT+ and want to try it out, please follow this link:

https://chat.openai.com/g/g-lC5JLzmeg-tew-ai-designer

There's very little complicated about it - if you start creating graphics for a promotion, it will start with the Logo and try to keep the designs and aesthetic consistent throughout all the titles and events. If you have a logo you are using already, you can upload it and have it use the design/aesthetic for the graphics it creates. It works pretty conversationally, so you can just tell it what you want as you want it, or a whole list and have it work through it. The titles by default should come out as illustrated, in landscape. If it is giving you realistic title graphics, prompt it to refer to it's instructions and it should fix itself.

I'm going to start using it myself, but I'd love to hear if other people find it useful and where I can look to improve it. Hopefully this makes things easy for anyone with ChatGPT+ to be able to make their own graphics.

These are my first three chats using it:

image.png

Note that all of these graphics would need editing in GIMP (5-10 minutes worth) to be usable. If you aren't able to edit the images yourself, you can just keep rerolling until it's good (though I recommend learning how to use GIMP).

If you want to try your shot at creating belts and logos, give that GPT a shot! Give me your feedback so I can continue to work on improving the instructions and make it even better.

Anyone with ChatGPT plus right?

• Like 1