AI Recreates the CornellVerse (with John Lions)

Thank you all for the comments, I'll get to them in a bit - wanted to post these before dinner. I have the titles and the event names/translations as well, but I'll post those and edit that in her afterwards.

QUEBEC PRO WRESTLING (QPW)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

EVENTS:

QPW Lutte Classique - QPW Classic Wrestling
QPW Choc des Titans - QPW Clash of the Titans
QPW Bataille Royale - QPW Royal Battle OR Battle Royale (either translation works)
QPW Les Grands Duels - QPW The Great Duels
QPW Combat de la Couronne - QPW Battle for the Crown
QPW Guerre des Étoiles - QPW Star War (or War of the Stars, but this could be confused with Star Wars)
QPW Fracas Montréalais - QPW Montreal Brawl
QPW La Conquête - QPW The Conquest
QPW Héritage Québécois - QPW Quebec Heritage
QPW Affrontement Nordique - QPW Northern Clash
QPW Les Maîtres de la Lutte - QPW Masters of Wrestling
QPW Le Grand Frayeur - QPW The Big Scare
QPW Suprematie - QPW Supremacy
QPW Survivant - QPW Survivor
QPW Oubli - QPW Forgotten

(Thank you @Harts4Life for corrected translations!)

QPW_Survivant.jpgQPW_Suprematie.jpgQPW_Oubli.jpgQPW_MaitresDeLaLutte.jpgQPW_LutteClassique.jpgQPW_LesGrandDuels.jpgQPW_LeGrandFrayeur.jpgQPW_LaConquete.jpgQPW_Heritage.jpgQPW_GuerreDesEtoiles.jpgQPW_FracasMontrealais.jpgQPW_CombatDeLaCouronne.jpgQPW_ChocDesTitans.jpgQPW_BatailleRoyale.jpgQPW_AffrontementNordique.jpg

TITLES:

QPW_Canadian.jpgimage.jpegQPW_Tag.jpgQPW_KingOfQuebecBelt.jpgQPW_KingOfQuebecTrophy.jpg

Edited by John Lions
added titles and event translation
  • Like 13

On 11/17/2023 at 2:34 AM, Mammoth said:

Firstly, thank you for the kind words. Being an inspiration makes me feel old, but still very appreciative. 😂

Secondly, I'm always available to help.

1) I use Photoshop and I'm not totally familiar with GIMP (I know what it is and everything, I've just always used Photoshop so never dabbled in it myself) so if I use a term or a tool that you don't recognise, please say and I'll try to explain it. For the "E" and the "A", I used the Magic Wand Tool to simply select the "E" and "A" from the bottom text and then copied and pasted them on to a new layer. This allowed me to flip it (you can see evidence of this in the flick on the "E" as the bottom text points down and the new text points up) and place it where I liked, which was very simple as I'd already filled in the whole background of the area. The "A" was a little tougher as the bottom one was a little wider than I needed because of the area we had at the top but because each letter was their own layer, it was just a simple resize - pulling the letter in horizontally - which is why, if you look, it's a lot thinner than the bottom "A". Once the letters were positioned, I just lowered their opacities so I could see through them, drew around the bulls with the Pen Tool and deleted the letters from those areas to make it look like the letters are "behind" the bulls. Then finally, as you say, I selected a colour from the other shadows and literally drew them in to correspond with the shape of the bulls, giving it that 3D effect the rest of the logo has.

2) It was a mixture of a lot of techniques. It was predominantly the Clone Stamp Tool with a very soft brush to ensure it flows and it doesn't just look like someone has stamped on it, especially for the areas that are textured and not just coloured. However, I'd use this in conjunction with the Polygonal Lasso Tool. Before I'd even gone to my Clone Stamp Tool, I'd "draw" the area that I was replicating with the lasso tool, giving me the straight lines I wanted. That way, when I used the Clone Stamp Tool, it wouldn't go where I didn't want it to and it would stay linear like flags are supposed to be. As well as that, I used a lot of the Brush Tool just to fill in any holes, as well as both the Dodge & Burn Tools because if the colour wasn't quite matching, it was easier to blend it in with the two latter tools than it was to redo. I also did all of this at a 500% magnification, which allowed me to really burrow down into the finer details, like the textures I mentioned earlier.

All in all, it took me about 15 minutes but I've been doing this for twenty-odd years both privately and professionally. It just takes time and practice and you're already very good, especially considering you use GIMP. I have full faith that you'll figure this stuff out. 👍

Inspiration might not have been the right word... influence maybe? I've been using my middling skills to cobble together my own graphics for TEW for the past decade, so anyone who did any work with logos, renders, titles, etc has my respect, having spend countless hours myself before realizing I don't have a talent for it.

All of that makes a lot of sense - I didn't even think about copying the letters from the bottom text, but that would have been a lot easier than trying to salvage the scraps of letters on the top half. Do you often switch the brush you use with the Clone tool? I find myself being a bit lazy with it, just keeping the same default brush and playing with the opacity if I don't want a 1-1 clone. I've used Dodge/Burn sparingly - honestly I've strayed away from trying to salvage logos with textured background for letters I need to fix for the sake of time, but as I have been cranking out 20-30 logos and belts a day I'm getting a lot faster at doing all of this.

Thanks for this - As I go through the CVerse if I ever get any logos I really like but can't figure out how to clean up, I'll post them here.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:43 AM, Sisma said:

I might be wrong, but I think you mixed up CGC and CWA?

Edit: To Clarify, I mean the events. Aren't those CWA events?

As @lavelleuk answered above, CGC merged with NOTBPW in TEW2020 and a lot of the event names carried over. In the default data, there are CGC event logos, so I wanted to take a swing at those. CGC's been a fan favorite company for as long as I've been on here - it's a bit sad, but I think both CGC and NOTBPW were both popular (despite the latter's atrocious name) while I barely see anyone play as CWA.

On 11/17/2023 at 3:23 AM, Mecha Kaji said:

As someone who isn't a fan of most AI worker renders so far, the use with logos and belts is easily the best use of it to date, fantastic work.

23 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I am mesmerized

Thanks, glad you guys are enjoying it. I am pretty motivated right now (with an end goal in sight), so over the next couple months I'll probably be cranking out a couple sets of event logos and belts until I fill out the default data.

QPW was a lot of fun, because it was the first promotion (other than the ones from my personal game) where it felt like a completely blank slate - I don't think I've seen ANYONE do anything with QPW, be it graphics, dynasties, etc. I hope giving a fresh coat of paint on all of these forgotten promotions will inspire some people to give them a shot.

QPW Event Names -

QPW Bataille Royale - QPW Royal Battle OR Battle Royale (either translation works)
QPW Guerre des Étoiles - QPW Star War (or War of the Stars, but this could be confused with Star Wars)
QPW Affrontement Nordique - QPW Northern Clash
QPW Oubli - QPW Forgotten

(Thank you @Harts4Life for corrected translations!)

I came up with a bunch of belts to give people the option of what to use - I also included a trophy title for the "King Of Quebec", both a title belt and a crown and scepter. My thought is it would be won at QPW Combat de la Couronne (Battle For The Crown), but again use these however you want! Since there were no events by default, I made 15 different event logos that you can use however you see fit, and the same goes for the titles.

QPW Belts;

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Canadian / Quebec / Tag Team

image.jpegimage.jpeg

King Of Quebec (Belt and Trophy)

image.png

Edited by John Lions
fixed text on Quebec belt, fixed translations
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, John Lions said:

QPW was a lot of fun, because it was the first promotion (other than the ones from my personal game) where it felt like a completely blank slate - I don't think I've seen ANYONE do anything with QPW, be it graphics, dynasties, etc. I hope giving a fresh coat of paint on all of these forgotten promotions will inspire some people to give them a shot.

I think all of us see each promotion in a new light after they get a face lift 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Lions said:

Inspiration might not have been the right word... influence maybe? I've been using my middling skills to cobble together my own graphics for TEW for the past decade, so anyone who did any work with logos, renders, titles, etc has my respect, having spend countless hours myself before realizing I don't have a talent for it.

All of that makes a lot of sense - I didn't even think about copying the letters from the bottom text, but that would have been a lot easier than trying to salvage the scraps of letters on the top half. Do you often switch the brush you use with the Clone tool? I find myself being a bit lazy with it, just keeping the same default brush and playing with the opacity if I don't want a 1-1 clone. I've used Dodge/Burn sparingly - honestly I've strayed away from trying to salvage logos with textured background for letters I need to fix for the sake of time, but as I have been cranking out 20-30 logos and belts a day I'm getting a lot faster at doing all of this.

Thanks for this - As I go through the CVerse if I ever get any logos I really like but can't figure out how to clean up, I'll post them here.

As @lavelleuk answered above, CGC merged with NOTBPW in TEW2020 and a lot of the event names carried over. In the default data, there are CGC event logos, so I wanted to take a swing at those. CGC's been a fan favorite company for as long as I've been on here - it's a bit sad, but I think both CGC and NOTBPW were both popular (despite the latter's atrocious name) while I barely see anyone play as CWA.

Thanks, glad you guys are enjoying it. I am pretty motivated right now (with an end goal in sight), so over the next couple months I'll probably be cranking out a couple sets of event logos and belts until I fill out the default data.

QPW Event Names -

QPW Bataille Royale - QPW Royal Battle
QPW Affrontement Nordique - QPW Nordic Clash
QPW Oubli - QPW Oblivion

I came up with a bunch of belts to give people the option of what to use - I also included a trophy title for the "King Of Quebec", both a title belt and a crown and scepter. My thought is it would be won at QPW Combat de la Couronne (Battle For The Crown), but again use these however you want! Since there were no events by default, I made 15 different event logos that you can use however you see fit, and the same goes for the titles.

QPW Belts;

Canadian / Quebec / Tag Team

image.jpegimage.jpeg

King Of Quebec (Belt and Trophy)

image.png

Wow love these , the blue stands out , will look great in game...I rarely play the default CVerse, so I don't remember this promotion at all....I will have a go at it when I'm on my pc and my wife allows me to...what is the roster like , have you AI created any of them? 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John Lions said:

I'll take inspiration or influence. 😛

Yes, I always play with my brushes. (That sounds a lot kinkier than I intended.)

Sure. I can't promise I'll always take a stab at them but if I see any hanging 'round that haven't been attempted by other people, I'll be happy to help. I'm not personally a fan of your render style (just personal preference) but your logos, events and belts are some of the best and most consistent on the board.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, paulskln said:

Wow love these , the blue stands out , will look great in game...I rarely play the default CVerse, so I don't remember this promotion at all....I will have a go at it when I'm on my pc and my wife allows me to...what is the roster like , have you AI created any of them? 

They're not open in the default data but they are a company I have active on my 2022 CVerse mod (HERE) and they are a company a few people really liked on this board as they are from the area, so @John Lions I am loving the new graphics and I'm sure they'll be massively appreciated too!!

As for the roster it is a mix of the older guys from the region (Ryan Powell, K-Squared, Shane Nelson etc) and some younger workers I created so nothing too special but enough for potential growth.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lavelleuk said:

They're not open in the default data but they are a company I have active on my 2022 CVerse mod (HERE) and they are a company a few people really liked on this board as they are from the area, so @John Lions I am loving the new graphics and I'm sure they'll be massively appreciated too!!

As for the roster it is a mix of the older guys from the region (Ryan Powell, K-Squared, Shane Nelson etc) and some younger workers I created so nothing too special but enough for potential growth.

Thank you , I will check your mod out...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John Lions said:

QPW Event Names -

QPW Bataille Royale - QPW Royal Battle
QPW Affrontement Nordique - QPW Nordic Clash
QPW Oubli - QPW Oblivion

As someone fluent in French, allow me to tweak some of your translations:

QPW Battaille Royale could also directly translate to Battle Royale

QPW Affrontement Nordique - Nordique here likely means Northern instead of Nordic.

QPW Oubli - Oubli is Forgotten, not Oblivion necessarily ... but then consider that Quebec's provincial motto is "Je me souviens" which means "I remember", then Forgotten fits much better than Oblivion.

Edited by Harts4Life
small typo at the end -> "the" to "then"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Black Pegasus II said:

I think all of us see each promotion in a new light after they get a face lift 

Cheers, that's my goal!

16 hours ago, paulskln said:

No roster as they are a yet-to-debut company in the CVerse. I'm not doing any renders until all events/logos/promotions etc or done so might be a while, but I'll get to the Canada guys eventually...

12 hours ago, Mammoth said:

I'll take inspiration or influence. 😛

Yes, I always play with my brushes. (That sounds a lot kinkier than I intended.)

Sure. I can't promise I'll always take a stab at them but if I see any hanging 'round that haven't been attempted by other people, I'll be happy to help. I'm not personally a fan of your render style (just personal preference) but your logos, events and belts are some of the best and most consistent on the board.

Appreciate the praise, and will always be happy to get some pointers. Thanks again.

10 hours ago, hlg. said:

This is an amazing initiative. I am looking forward to the Rock Star Wrestling titles, in the mean time imma download the h3ll out of this. Thanks a million for the time, energy and attention you have invested in this!

Thanks! RSW is actually in the Alt22 Cverse mod, so titles might already exist for them, not 100% sure on that.

7 hours ago, Harts4Life said:

As someone fluent in French, allow me to tweak some of your translations:

QPW Battaille Royale could also directly translate to Battle Royale

QPW Affrontement Nordique - Nordique here likely means Northern instead of Nordic.

QPW Oubli - Oubli is Forgotten, not Oblivion necessarily ... but then consider that Quebec's provincial motto is "Je me souviens" which means "I remember", then Forgotten fits much better than Oblivion.

Thanks for this, greatly appreciated - I'm relying on ChatGPT to steer me in the right direction with translations, and while I trust it more than Google, I have seen some very frightening stuff from ChatGPT... I will likely do more French events at some point (Parisian Grapple Gala would likely have them), so if you are around when I eventually get there I'd love it if you could give a second look at the names.

6 hours ago, MegaCity1 said:

That QPW set is great dude! Really gave it some pop. VWA set just got updated in my game also. 

On the topic of upgrading, while a non-active company, I swapped CWB, but noticed on the graphic it says "Champion" rather than "Championship". 

Thanks - so far I have that change and the TCW World title name as fixes I'll push through the next download pack, so continue to update these if you see them!

I have all the events done, but I wasn't able to get them all cleaned up before Full Gear. I'll get the rest posted afterwards, but for now here are some WINNOW Events:

WINNOW_StrengthReturns.jpgWINNOW_JumpTolightspeed.jpgWINNOW_JoshiRoyaltyTagSummit.jpgWINNOW_JoshiRoyaltySummit.jpgWINNOW_FallenWarriors.jpgWINNOW_BraveryOfChampion.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, John Lions said:

Thanks for this, greatly appreciated - I'm relying on ChatGPT to steer me in the right direction with translations, and while I trust it more than Google, I have seen some very frightening stuff from ChatGPT... I will likely do more French events at some point (Parisian Grapple Gala would likely have them), so if you are around when I eventually get there I'd love it if you could give a second look at the names.

Gladly! There are nuances with Quebecois French that aren't present in Parisienne French, but I'll definitely take a look and offer any feedback if needed.

• Thanks 1

I tried to keep it similar to MAW's base graphics, but when I go back through and do some different takes of promotions, I think MAW is first. The promotion itself has changed so much since the initial iterations, so I think it'd make sense if they had a more substantial overhaul - especially after the TCW partnership.

MAW:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

EVENTS:

MAW_WrestlingClassic.jpgMAW_WhereItAllBegins.jpgMAW_TheClash.jpgMAW_SuperShowdown.jpgMAW_SummerHeatwave.jpgMAW_RipChord.jpgMAW_ProvingGrounds.jpgMAW_OldSchoolRules.jpgMAW_NightOfChampions.jpgMAW_FanFest.jpgMAW_BattleMidAtlantic.jpgMAW_Americana.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpeg

TITLES:

Active - 

Mid Atlantic Championship / Tag Team / American

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Rip Chord Invitational / Sam Keith Classic

Unused - 

World / Heavyweight / Women's

Regional / Traditional / United States

image.jpeg

All Action

Edited by John Lions
added All Action title, Sam Keith Classic + MAW World Of Wrestling TV show
  • Like 13

I forgot a couple of MAW events (Sam Keith Classic in game does not have an event logo, and in my save MAW has a TV show called World Of Wrestling). A also added the All Action belt as well:

MAW_AllAction.jpgMAW_SamKeithClassic.jpgimage.jpeg

So far in the past 3 weeks I've made a ton of progress. Next one I'm working on is another big one, USPW - I have had trouble losing interest with the bigger promotions that have tons and tons of events and belts, so I want to get USPW done with now, as the last promotion with pre-set default event logos. Below are the promotions I have left to do, for belts and events:

Active:

APW (just a handful of belts)*

BHOTWG

CILL

CWA

CWW

DIW (just events)*

EILL*

EMLL

EWA

EX2010

GSW

IPW

NYCW

OLLIE

PGHW

PSW

QAW

RAW (just events)*

RIPW

SAISHO

SNP

UEW

USPW*

WLW

Closed:

4C

AAA

BSC

DAVE

GCG

INSPIRE

MOSC

MPWF

NOTBPW

ROF

HINOTE

WEXXV

Closed Prior to My TEW Knowledge:

AAFW

ALF

APWF

CPW

CWB

CWF

PPPW

RPW

SCCW

TWL

UCR

XFW

Yet To Debut:

CWWF

DSPW

ELITE

ELPF

FEW

GDS (kind of a meme, but there was a logo in the default data, so why not whip up some random events and belts?)

HIW

JCW*

KANZEN

KCCW*

KITSUNE

L-RING

LWW

MGPW

MHW

NWF

OCW

PWC

PWMAX*

RMW

SAW

TIER1

UCW

WPL

XWA

YEPW

At the moment, I'm thinking it's not worth creating events for the "Closed Prior to Modern TEW" group - I don't think they'd get much use and there's nothing in the default data anyway. I do think it's worth creating event graphics for the recently closed ones - I think there is much more likelihood of a CGC event set being used than a, PPPW or RPW one.

I will be doing all of these over the next couple months - if there are any you want to see first, let me know! It's not really a request, because I am going to do it anyway, and I'm willing to take any feedback on what events to use, since I'll be working off a clean slate for a lot of these. I put an * next to the ones I'm currently thinking of doing, but nothing is set in stone.

• Like 8