AI Recreates the CornellVerse (with John Lions)

Thanks @Black Pegasus II, I had the same thought when I saw the image. Using the GPT I built, that was the first image I got for it. Sidenote, it's kind of insane that a database called the Cornellverse didn't have default logos for either the Cornell Cup event or trophy...

I updated the link to a ZIP file so you only have to do one download instead of hundreds:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bdoy5itcaca04x6/AIVerse.zip/file

I'll update the first post. I have the BCG/21CW graphics in there, but I might go back and change at least one of the 21CW ones so don't get too attached.

I want to finish up the events for ones that have graphics already first - that means after 21CW belts, and VWA, I'm going to work through CGC, MAW, and USPW.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Black Pegasus II said:

Here are some belts I've been able to make based off of a @willr0ck company. (Is this not cool and instead pissing all over many hours of hard work? Because it I don't feel like I have actually gotten permission to rip you off so blatantly)

This has been a fun few days of learning and putting these together

I think they look great, especially the 2nd belt.

My opinion on creating AI graphics for a company or inspired from designs created by someone else - I think it's just good practice to get some form of permission? This AI stuff is all pretty new and there's no hard rule on it that I've seen, but I would personally consider any graphic created by someone else, using a custom promotion name or aesthetic would be in some way their intellectual property. Essentially, if someone came up with the idea for a promotion name and logo, and you re-did it with AI, I'd say that's bad manners if you didn't clear it with them. Again, that's just my opinion - I don't want to "re" create anything based off of graphics that aren't in the default CornellVerse, unless it's with permissions from whoever came up with that promotion or initial design.

I re-did 21CW Head To Head - I thought I would be able to salvage the text on the previous image, but I don't think I kept it clean enough. Here's v2 for Head To Head, I'll update the first post with all the 21CW logos as well.

image.jpeg

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 2

Just now, John Lions said:

"My opinion on creating AI graphics for a company or inspired from designs created by someone else - I think it's just good practice to get some form of permission? This AI stuff is all pretty new and there's no hard rule on it that I've seen, but I would personally consider any graphic created by someone else, using a custom promotion name or aesthetic would be in some way their intellectual property. Essentially, if someone came up with the idea for a promotion name and logo, and you re-did it with AI, I'd say that's bad manners if you didn't clear it with them. Again, that's just my opinion - I don't want to "re" create anything based off of graphics that aren't in the default CornellVerse, unless it's with permissions from whoever came up with that promotion or initial design."

100% agree. Full stop on that one. 

• Thanks 1

One other thing I wanted to add - I really wanted to fix the original Head To Head logo I got, but I struggled a lot with the text, with the partially shadowed flag as the background rather than a solid color (my bread and butter at this point). If anyone wants to take a swing, I'm curious if anyone can clean this logo up. Looking at the 150x150, I thought I messed up the flag, but it seems like the botch of it in the top right is in the original...

Also, wanted to give you guys an idea of what most of these logos look like. It's roughly 1-2 of 12 that don't need fixes, so it's not as simple as finding the "right prompt" to get good logos. Prompts can just get you closer to getting a "close enough" graphic, that can get really close with some simple edits.

image.png

• Like 3

Started rendering a bit later today after watching Dynamite, and I'm locked out... ChatGPT recently dropped the limit of Chats/Hr to 25 (at least for GPTs) and blocked new user sign up for GPT+ because the demand has been so high. Hopefully things settle down soon and the limits go back to what they were.

Only 2 VWA event logos so far unfortunately. Hopefully I'll have some more time tomorrow:

VWA_Budapest.jpgVWA_PriceOfVictory.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Lions said:

One other thing I wanted to add - I really wanted to fix the original Head To Head logo I got, but I struggled a lot with the text, with the partially shadowed flag as the background rather than a solid color (my bread and butter at this point). If anyone wants to take a swing, I'm curious if anyone can clean this logo up. Looking at the 150x150, I thought I messed up the flag, but it seems like the botch of it in the top right is in the original...

Also, wanted to give you guys an idea of what most of these logos look like. It's roughly 1-2 of 12 that don't need fixes, so it's not as simple as finding the "right prompt" to get good logos. Prompts can just get you closer to getting a "close enough" graphic, that can get really close with some simple edits.

image.png

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John Lions said:

Started rendering a bit later today after watching Dynamite, and I'm locked out... ChatGPT recently dropped the limit of Chats/Hr to 25 (at least for GPTs) and blocked new user sign up for GPT+ because the demand has been so high. Hopefully things settle down soon and the limits go back to what they were.

Only 2 VWA event logos so far unfortunately. Hopefully I'll have some more time tomorrow:

VWA_Budapest.jpgVWA_PriceOfVictory.jpg

Already looks amazing

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, John Lions said:

Thanks @Black Pegasus II, I had the same thought when I saw the image. Using the GPT I built, that was the first image I got for it. Sidenote, it's kind of insane that a database called the Cornellverse didn't have default logos for either the Cornell Cup event or trophy...

I updated the link to a ZIP file so you only have to do one download instead of hundreds:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bdoy5itcaca04x6/AIVerse.zip/file

I'll update the first post. I have the BCG/21CW graphics in there, but I might go back and change at least one of the 21CW ones so don't get too attached.

I want to finish up the events for ones that have graphics already first - that means after 21CW belts, and VWA, I'm going to work through CGC, MAW, and USPW.

This pics looks nice, Are you planning to recreates the pics for th Cverse 77 mod? your pics looks like and 80's comic books, would look great playing 1977 and beyond the 80's... good job.!

14 hours ago, Black Pegasus II said:

Here are some belts I've been able to make based off of a @willr0ck company. (Is this not cool and instead pissing all over many hours of hard work? Because it I don't feel like I have actually gotten permission to rip you off so blatantly)

This has been a fun few days of learning and putting these together

If you want to redo some stuff I've posted I'm fine with it. I agree with JohnLions in that I would say most creators would be cool with it as long as you ask first and give them credit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2023 at 9:52 AM, John Lions said:

Thanks for the feedback - if you see any others let me know!

Thanks you for this - I'll update it tomorrow, so if you don't want to download each individually, give me 24 hours or so to update it.

@The Lloyd Did I do your baby proud?

21CW:

image.png

image.jpeg

21CW_WorldWar.jpg21CW_Wicked.jpg21CW_WeWillRockYou.jpg21CW_WarDrums.jpg21CW_TheOnlineOnslaught.jpg21CW_SteelCageChallenge.jpg21CW_PartnersInCrime.jpg21CW_LondonCalling.jpgimage.jpeg21CW_HalloweenHorrorShow.jpg21CW_DangerousAlliance.jpg21CW_CrisisPoint.jpg21CW_CornellCup.jpgimage.jpeg

Old version of Head to Head - I couldn't figure out the way to "save" the text, but if anyone wants to take a swing themselves I can post the full version.

21CW_Head2Head.jpg

These are rubbish aren't they :D Haha! Great work pal, really like them.

I'll DM you a couple of requests ;) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, willr0ck said:

If you want to redo some stuff I've posted I'm fine with it. I agree with JohnLions in that I would say most creators would be cool with it as long as you ask first and give them credit.

Thank you both for helping me to understand how to go about that better next time, really  felt like something was off while I was writing up the post. Keep up the inspirational work there lads.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Especially happy to see guys like @Mammoth and @willr0ck, who are pretty big inspirations for the stuff I've been doing - most of my stuff before now has been frankensteining images together in GIMP to get something passable for my personal games, but the work you and many others here have done are a big reason I'm doing what I am now!

7 hours ago, jfalvitez said:

This pics looks nice, Are you planning to recreates the pics for th Cverse 77 mod? your pics looks like and 80's comic books, would look great playing 1977 and beyond the 80's... good job.!

Right now I have no plans to do that - renders, to me, are very tough and time consuming, and the first thing I'll be rerendering is every single wrestler and regen in my current save... I don't have a good way to measure how much that is, but probably a couple thousand? I don't think I'll get to rendering anything else any time soon. Regardless, given that the mod is someone else's creation I wouldn't want to "re-create" anything from that mod without their blessing in the first place.

16 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Untitled-1.jpg

This is phenomenal, thank you for taking this up - I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to hit you with a ton of questions as I'd like to be able to do this myself eventually:

1) How did you make the E and A? Since my ONE big peeve with GIMP is the super clunky text creator tool, I've been very happy that I can usually just cut and crop and edit the text I get from AI, but that's not always possible (as you can see by my original attempt). Did you find a font that was similar, or did you just create it by selecting out the rough area where you wanted the E and A and filled it in? I've done that before but never with the main text on a logo. Th shadow on the horns on the A and E is a very nice touch, I'm taking notes.

2) For recreating the background, what method do you use? My go-to is usually the clone brush, but it's not perfect with polygonal designs like the flag - I have been selecting the area I want each color to be and using the clone tool, but the results vary based on how good of a job I did highlighting the area... I've occasionally taken chunks of the texture I want from other parts of the image and layer them in behind, but I stuck with the clone brush and got mediocre results from it.

• Thanks 1

I felt like for a promotion that is (was) a favorite to many, I needed to give their logo another shot.

CGC:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

EVENTS:

CGC_Apocalypse.jpgCGC_UltimateShowdown.jpgCGC_SurvivalOfTheFittest.jpgCGC_LuckOfTheDraw.jpgCGC_LastManStanding.jpgCGC_InTheCompanyOfLegends.jpgCGC_Elimination.jpgCGC_DeColtWrestleFestival1.jpgCGC_DeColtWrestleFestival2.jpgCGC_ChaosInTheCage.jpgCGC_ChamberOfHorrors.jpgCGC_BattleBeyond.jpgimage.jpeg

TITLES:

image.jpegCGC_Tag.jpgCGC_Canadian.jpgCGC_GoldenGirl.jpg

I think as I do each promotion, I'll post all their graphics together like this - seeing them all together helps to make sure the aesthetic all feels right, and makes it easier to spot any that stand out in a bad way.

Tomorrow I'll be doing MAW so I can finish the last promotion with default event graphics, then I'll work through Australia unless anyone has any promotions they want to see.

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 10

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Especially happy to see guys like @Mammoth and @willr0ck, who are pretty big inspirations for the stuff I've been doing - most of my stuff before now has been frankensteining images together in GIMP to get something passable for my personal games, but the work you and many others here have done are a big reason I'm doing what I am now!

Firstly, thank you for the kind words. Being an inspiration makes me feel old, but still very appreciative. 😂

This is phenomenal, thank you for taking this up - I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to hit you with a ton of questions as I'd like to be able to do this myself eventually:

1) How did you make the E and A? Since my ONE big peeve with GIMP is the super clunky text creator tool, I've been very happy that I can usually just cut and crop and edit the text I get from AI, but that's not always possible (as you can see by my original attempt). Did you find a font that was similar, or did you just create it by selecting out the rough area where you wanted the E and A and filled it in? I've done that before but never with the main text on a logo. Th shadow on the horns on the A and E is a very nice touch, I'm taking notes.

2) For recreating the background, what method do you use? My go-to is usually the clone brush, but it's not perfect with polygonal designs like the flag - I have been selecting the area I want each color to be and using the clone tool, but the results vary based on how good of a job I did highlighting the area... I've occasionally taken chunks of the texture I want from other parts of the image and layer them in behind, but I stuck with the clone brush and got mediocre results from it.

Secondly, I'm always available to help.

1) I use Photoshop and I'm not totally familiar with GIMP (I know what it is and everything, I've just always used Photoshop so never dabbled in it myself) so if I use a term or a tool that you don't recognise, please say and I'll try to explain it. For the "E" and the "A", I used the Magic Wand Tool to simply select the "E" and "A" from the bottom text and then copied and pasted them on to a new layer. This allowed me to flip it (you can see evidence of this in the flick on the "E" as the bottom text points down and the new text points up) and place it where I liked, which was very simple as I'd already filled in the whole background of the area. The "A" was a little tougher as the bottom one was a little wider than I needed because of the area we had at the top but because each letter was their own layer, it was just a simple resize - pulling the letter in horizontally - which is why, if you look, it's a lot thinner than the bottom "A". Once the letters were positioned, I just lowered their opacities so I could see through them, drew around the bulls with the Pen Tool and deleted the letters from those areas to make it look like the letters are "behind" the bulls. Then finally, as you say, I selected a colour from the other shadows and literally drew them in to correspond with the shape of the bulls, giving it that 3D effect the rest of the logo has.

2) It was a mixture of a lot of techniques. It was predominantly the Clone Stamp Tool with a very soft brush to ensure it flows and it doesn't just look like someone has stamped on it, especially for the areas that are textured and not just coloured. However, I'd use this in conjunction with the Polygonal Lasso Tool. Before I'd even gone to my Clone Stamp Tool, I'd "draw" the area that I was replicating with the lasso tool, giving me the straight lines I wanted. That way, when I used the Clone Stamp Tool, it wouldn't go where I didn't want it to and it would stay linear like flags are supposed to be. As well as that, I used a lot of the Brush Tool just to fill in any holes, as well as both the Dodge & Burn Tools because if the colour wasn't quite matching, it was easier to blend it in with the two latter tools than it was to redo. I also did all of this at a 500% magnification, which allowed me to really burrow down into the finer details, like the textures I mentioned earlier.

All in all, it took me about 15 minutes but I've been doing this for twenty-odd years both privately and professionally. It just takes time and practice and you're already very good, especially considering you use GIMP. I have full faith that you'll figure this stuff out. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, John Lions said:

I felt like for a promotion that is (was) a favorite to many, I needed to give their logo another shot.

CGC:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

EVENTS:

CGC_Apocalypse.jpgCGC_UltimateShowdown.jpgCGC_SurvivalOfTheFittest.jpgCGC_LuckOfTheDraw.jpgCGC_LastManStanding.jpgCGC_InTheCompanyOfLegends.jpgCGC_Elimination.jpgCGC_DeColtWrestleFestival1.jpgCGC_DeColtWrestleFestival2.jpgCGC_ChaosInTheCage.jpgCGC_ChamberOfHorrors.jpgCGC_BattleBeyond.jpgimage.jpeg

TITLES:

image.jpegCGC_Tag.jpgCGC_Canadian.jpgCGC_GoldenGirl.jpg

I think as I do each promotion, I'll post all their graphics together like this - seeing them all together helps to make sure the aesthetic all feels right, and makes it easier to spot any that stand out in a bad way.

Tomorrow I'll be doing MAW so I can finish the last promotion with default event graphics, then I'll work through Australia unless anyone has any promotions they want to see.

I might be wrong, but I think you mixed up CGC and CWA?

Edit: To Clarify, I mean the events. Aren't those CWA events?

Edited by Sisma