• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are really overthinking this. Don't be so formulaic in your booking-- just do whatever feels right at the time.

The WWE title doesn't only change hands at WrestleMania and Summerslam.

Yeah, it's not only about the title, I could have worded that better. It's your "season finale", it's the flow of the year. The big 4 WWE work perfectly in this regard.

I was reading a thread only the only day where a guy said "I book WM to SS and SS to WM."

• 1 month later...

<p>What does everyone do with Valiant? I've seen a lot of people say they have made him their next figurehead so that was my plan with my latest save. </p><p> </p><p>

I gave him a pretty hard push Having him split a pair of victories with Brandon James and then winning the blow-off match to really bump his momentum and overness. From there he continued to win match after match until his momentum was sky high. At this point his overness was right around a B and I still had a few more months until Supreme Challenge. So he entered into a feud with Skull Debones and got a pair of clean victories to bump his overness to between an A and a B+.</p><p> </p><p>

It was then time for the final act and finish getting him over the hump so to speak. At this point it's now July, Valiant is on fire and Remo is still my champ and just destroying everyone in his path (think Brock Lesner) to include Jack Bruce. At Supreme Challenge Valiant goes over Remo cleanly in a B+ main event and at this point, I feel like I'm doing a great job in my hunt to make him my next figurehead.</p><p> </p><p>

I check out my "Franchise Players" and noticed Valiant isn't even on the list. Bruce is still my number 1, followed by Remo, Gilmore, and Skull. Not to be discouraged I enter Valiant into a series of 3way/4way matches with Gilmore, Bruce, and Remo. Valiant comes out on top cleanly every time and getting decent grades. After a few months of this, I check my "Franchise Players" again, to see Valiant is still only 5th! His overness is at an A* and he's defeated everyone ahead of him, but he's just not gaining any traction. To top it all off once I have him in programs with wrestlers not in my top 5 he's only putting on mediocre matches and despite his wins he's overness has actually dropped to a B+. </p><p> </p><p>

About this time Nicky Champion becomes available and I pick him up, just to find that he has already replaced Valiant in the number 5 spot. I haven't completely given up on him just yet, but I did end up having him drop the title, to Eric Eisen of all people. He's still in my main event scene, but I'm starting to think being figurehead just isn't in the cards for him.</p>

Are there any repercussions for letting one of the Eisen boys go? Jerry's contract is coming to an end in a few months, and I really have no desire to resign him. I am doing an angle where he gets injured and taken off-screen. I already signed Marvin Earnest to permanently replace him as the B-show announcer for when this happens.

It wouldn't be hard for me to part with him, mostly because he is a negative locker room presence. However, would allowing Jerry to walk cause Eric or Richard's morale to drop? And would this effect my approval rating at all?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Cro Cop Rules" data-cite="Cro Cop Rules" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are there any repercussions for letting one of the Eisen boys go? Jerry's contract is coming to an end in a few months, and I really have no desire to resign him. I am doing an angle where he gets injured and taken off-screen. I already signed Marvin Earnest to permanently replace him as the B-show announcer for when this happens. <p> </p><p> It wouldn't be hard for me to part with him, mostly because he is a negative locker room presence. However, would allowing Jerry to walk cause Eric or Richard's morale to drop? And would this effect my approval rating at all?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Won't affect their morale unless you fire him, which if you're only playing as booker, Richard will block it anyway.</p><p> </p><p> Richard might resign him himself if you're playing as the booker and not the owner as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Cro Cop Rules" data-cite="Cro Cop Rules" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are there any repercussions for letting one of the Eisen boys go? Jerry's contract is coming to an end in a few months, and I really have no desire to resign him. I am doing an angle where he gets injured and taken off-screen. I already signed Marvin Earnest to permanently replace him as the B-show announcer for when this happens. <p> </p><p> It wouldn't be hard for me to part with him, mostly because he is a negative locker room presence. However, would allowing Jerry to walk cause Eric or Richard's morale to drop? And would this effect my approval rating at all?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Jerry's a lifer.</p><p> </p><p> Put him on a recurring year vacation. They don't cause any hits to the backstage rating.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mad5226" data-cite="mad5226" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does everyone do with Valiant? I've seen a lot of people say they have made him their next figurehead so that was my plan with my latest save. <p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry, been meaning to reply to this for ages.</p><p> </p><p> I'm just starting 2019 and Valiant has about 3 months left on his contract and I'm letting him go. It's a lot like you, he won his first title at SC36 going over Remo for the belt. He goes on a 13 month run beating Hawkins at SC37. And then dropped it to Hawkins the next month. But he's never become a "top" guy. And by this time (rightly or wrongly) I have Golden AND Champion (and Lover) so he is way down the babyface pecking order. And he's a bitch about every loss as well. In fact, he's a bitch about draws even. I'm sure he's slightly upset at least one point about a sports entertainment finish. </p><p> </p><p> Like I say, he's off to whomever wants him and I'm moving Primus Allen to the main event (where he should already be.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hard_Times" data-cite="Hard_Times" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>... what do you guys end up doing with the Young Bumfs? I want to push them both as singles, I think, but I'm never sure on what to do their characters as singles wrestlers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I placed them on separate brands after Supreme Challenge 35 where they basically became babyface main eventers who never seriously challenged for the world titles on their brands. They instead became gatekeepers for upcoming heels to beat to get into the main event or for heel challengers/champs to beat to look strong. </p><p> </p><p> I just finished SC 36 and Rich Money has created a stable and I'm toying with the idea of re-uniting them and joining Valiant to take on the Money Inc. stable and have one of them (Randy most likely) turn heel. Still not sure what I'm going to do with them after that storyline plays out.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hard_Times" data-cite="Hard_Times" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>... what do you guys end up doing with the Young Bumfs? I want to push them both as singles, I think, but I'm never sure on what to do their characters as singles wrestlers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had them lead my tag division and help build up a few new teams (and grab the tag title a couple more times). Then a string of unfortunate losses causes Zimmy to turn on Randy and propel them into singles competition. That storyline actually became fire for me and the hottest feud in the game. They both ended up walking away with 'A' pop across the board.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Anyone gone deep into an SWF thread and want to share their SC headliners?</p><p> </p><p>

I went:</p><p> </p><p>

SC36 - Valiant went over Remo in the main and Jack Bruce beat Sean McFly in a Once In A Lifetime.</p><p> </p><p>

SC37 - Valiant went over Wolf Hawkins and Jack Bruce lost to Remo.</p><p> </p><p>

SC38 - Remo beat Champagne Lover in a Once In a Lifetime and Jack Bruce lost to Wolf Hawkins.</p><p> </p><p>

SC39 - Plan is to re-run the main event, Lover beating Remo and have a Once In A Lifetime between Sean McFly and Rocky Golden. (Jack Bruce is due to face a heel Angry Gilmour.)</p><p> </p><p>

No ideas for the big 40 just yet. Could do Primus Allen winning the belt for the first time, maybe against Jay Chord. A real new era match. Or Nicky Champion v Remo which I don't think has ever happened, don't really like the idea of an "outsider" going over in the main event of a big round number SC. One last main even for Jack Bruce maybe, as a heel possibly.</p>

<p>I'm about to book SC37 in a game that I've been playing on and off for a while.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SC36:</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Angry Gilmore defeated Remo© for the SWF World Heavyweight title</p><p> </p><p>

Jack Bruce/Hero Squad defeated Spencer Spade, Lenny Brown and Lassana Makutsi.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SC37:</strong> (Not yet booked but should play out as)</p><p> </p><p>

Spencer Spade defeats Remo© for the World Title - Remo is leaving for NOTBPW, bloated roster and wanting CC makes me okay with letting him walk</p><p>

Jack Bruce vs. Champagne Lover - Similar to Once In A Lifetime match</p><p>

Primus Allen vs. Scythe Casket Match - Former Partners turn Bitter Enemies.</p><p>

Angry Gilmore vs. Nelson Callum© for the NA Title - Gilmore's on Decline but should go over hear after a 97 and a 94 rated matches.</p><p> </p><p>

Handful of other matches I'm really excited for....TLC for Tag Titles and really just allowing to almost reset storylines and continue to push forward. But I'm not yet sure where I'm going to go afterwards just yet.</p>

<p>I'm working towards 40. 40 will have a Once In A Lifetime match between Valiant and Nicky Champion. The plan was to have Joey Morgan vs. Wolf Hawkins in for the title but Morgan jumped ship to USPW so I'm not sure what the main event will be. Hawkins will have held the title for 16 months by SC40 so a conquering hero needs to come in and take it from him. Right now the best options look to be Spencer Spade (who had a best of seven series with Hawkins two years ago when Hawkins debuted) or Randy Bumfhole (because Zimmy is off to shoot a movie so my plan to have them battle over unifying the IC and NA titles is off).</p><p> </p><p>

Previous Supreme Challenges:</p><p> </p><p>

36</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event: Rogue defeated Brandon James in a Last Man Standing Match to retain the SWF Title. Remo/Valiant was penciled in but then Remo left for SOTB so I kept Valiant away from the title. Wanted his first title win to be a huge moment but had to put it off. Rogue was a six month transitional champion</p><p> </p><p>

MotN: Jack Bruce defeated The Crippler in a Steel Cell match. The end to the beginning feud. Bruce dispatched Marat Khoklov and Vengeance to finally get his hands on Crippler</p><p> </p><p>

37</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event: Valiant defeated Joey Morgan for the SWF Title. Valiant had never gotten a title shot in my save and I went with the canon that he had never had one in his career and this was his big moment. His reign was disappointing but the moment seemed huge.</p><p> </p><p>

MotN: Primus Allen defeated Brandon James. Surprised that this got my best rating because my card was pretty stacked. This pretty much solidified Allen as a main event player and put him with Morgan in my top tier of heels.</p><p> </p><p>

Other Notable Matches:</p><p>

Angry Gilmore defeated Spencer Spade for the North American Title. Gilmore's real life divorce came up in this feud but when it was over, Spade gave Gilmore respect leading up to his eventual face turn.</p><p> </p><p>

Jack Bruce and Nicky Champion defeated Eric Eisen and Hollywood Bret Starr. Bruce vs. Champion was supposed to a once in a lifetime match but Eisen and Starr interjected and ruined the match. Bruce and Champion would stay away from each other until next year...</p><p> </p><p>

38</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event: Jimmy Hernandez defeated Joey Morgan to retain the SWF Title. Jimmy Hernandez was finally over a year into being the figurehead so this was the match that solidified him in that role.</p><p> </p><p>

MotN: Randy Bumfhole defeated King Z (Zimmy Bumfhole) in a Last Man Standing Match. The end to an 8 month feud after their breakup. Zimmy teamed up with Queen Emily and now he's getting roles in movies while Randy has been on the edge of the World Title scene for a couple years now.</p><p> </p><p>

Other notable matches:</p><p> </p><p>

Spencer Spade defeated Wolf Hawkins in an I Quit Match. Hawkins has not lost a 1 on 1 match since this match.</p><p> </p><p>

Jack Bruce defeated Nicky Champion in a Once in a Lifetime Match. Bruce would leave SWF at the end of the year so this would be his final Supreme Challenge appearance.</p><p> </p><p>

39</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event: Wolf Hawkins defeated Valiant to retain the SWF Title. No 2nd moment for Valiant as Hawkins was in the midst of the most dominant title reign in recent SWF history. It also was the first 100 rated match at a Supreme Challenge in my save.</p><p> </p><p>

Other Notable Matches:</p><p> </p><p>

Fredrique Antonio Garcia defeated Nicky Champion. A huge upset, Garcia was on a huge roll following this but unfortunately a shattered elbow cut his run short. He is expected to return shortly before Supreme Challenge so we will see if he keeps the momentum going.</p><p> </p><p>

Joey Morgan defeated Rogue, Des Davids, Marat Khoklov, Masked Patriot and Angry Gilmore in a Scramble Match to win the Intercontinental Title. Reigning champion Randy Bumfhole picked up a three month injury and was forced to vacate the title. One of the top contenders Wade Orson also got injured leading up to the big show so Patriot and Gilmore were fill ins.</p>

What a great post, you're save sounds more interesting than mine. Full of turns and younger guys pushed. (This is my first save in my first TEW game though :D )

I just did SC39.

Lover went over Remo in the big rematch from 38.

Primus Allen bested Rouge in a steel cell in Allen's first SC as a main eventer.

Hawkins beat Chord

Bruce beat Gilmour

And I was pleased to have Scythe and Hell's Bouncer beat Dark Angel and Skull DeBones. Really made sense to me and elevated the two young guys. Beat sneaky to have Bones come back for one last match after I had made a huge deal of Vengeance retiring only a couple of months earlier.

Bit like Biker Taker coming back after Taker Taker retired..

• 3 weeks later...
So after listening to the Freaky Friday song by Lil Dicky about 100 times, I decided that could be a fun wrestling angle to do. My thinking is Jack Bruce starts to complain about his fame and how he can't go anywhere without pictures being taken and it being all over the news etc. He eventually "switches places" with a lower card worker (I'm thinking Lower - Midcard or below) I just don't know who that person should be. Ideally I'm thinking someone with a lot of charisma who just isn't over yet. Maybe they are "too small"? I'm not sure, anyway, anyone here have any suggestions?

So after listening to the Freaky Friday song by Lil Dicky about 100 times, I decided that could be a fun wrestling angle to do. My thinking is Jack Bruce starts to complain about his fame and how he can't go anywhere without pictures being taken and it being all over the news etc. He eventually "switches places" with a lower card worker (I'm thinking Lower - Midcard or below) I just don't know who that person should be. Ideally I'm thinking someone with a lot of charisma who just isn't over yet. Maybe they are "too small"? I'm not sure, anyway, anyone here have any suggestions?

One of the three among Jimmy Hernandez, Steven Parker or Spencer Space.

• 1 month later...

<p>Soo... it might be Supreme Time finally. </p><p> </p><p>

Been booking WCW in a 2001 WCW Lives mod. The company is a mess so its a slow build toward a new generation of stars. I switched the company from balanced to popularity-based and it reminded me how much I generally enjoy booking SE type products. I'm a few months into the save, but I think I've just booked the company too many times in this mod, because it just feels repetitive, even though I've switched some things up. That got me poking around at other mods. </p><p> </p><p>

1997 WWF is fun, of course. I enjoy both PWI and the AWF in the Tverse. I played around in the CornellVerse quite a bit in beta testing but not all that much since. TCW tends to be my go-to in the CV anymore, but the grind of being third and having a performance based product made it a bit meh. USPW doesn't appeal to much.... but the SWF.... I haven't had a really fun SWF save yet on 2016. Quite often, the burden of dealing with the Eric Eisen and some negative personalities (looking squarely at you, JOEY) makes it unappealing sometimes. But then I got reading thru this thread and thinking about some of the positives - building new stars to replacing the aging main eventers, JACK BRUCE and Remo pulling monster grades on a consistent basis, Lobster Warrior as a heel.... think I might need to give the world of Supreme a go soon.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jose Phauvil" data-cite="Jose Phauvil" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Curious: What are some fun things you’ve done with different titles in the SWF? Using both default renders in the database and mod renders. Including the retired Shooting Star Championship.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've introduced a few titles:</p><p> </p><p> I did a brand split for a year and introduced the Intercontinental Title as the midcard title on my Elite brand. It was basically treated like the main title on that show since my World title was supposed to be on both shows but ended up being tied up on the Supreme brand for the majority of the time. Now it's basically right up there with the World title in Prestige and held by pretty big names.</p><p> </p><p> I introduced the TV and Women's Title at Supreme Challenge 40 to finish up a NOTBPW invasion angle and unify some titles. I use the NOTBPW render for the Women's title but rebranded as the SWF Women's Title. The TV Title is pretty much my only true midcard belt left as every other belt has fallen into the hands of a Main Eventer on accident.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Soo... it might be Supreme Time finally. <p> </p><p> Been booking WCW in a 2001 WCW Lives mod. The company is a mess so its a slow build toward a new generation of stars. I switched the company from balanced to popularity-based and it reminded me how much I generally enjoy booking SE type products. I'm a few months into the save, but I think I've just booked the company too many times in this mod, because it just feels repetitive, even though I've switched some things up. That got me poking around at other mods. </p><p> </p><p> 1997 WWF is fun, of course. I enjoy both PWI and the AWF in the Tverse. I played around in the CornellVerse quite a bit in beta testing but not all that much since. TCW tends to be my go-to in the CV anymore, but the grind of being third and having a performance based product made it a bit meh. USPW doesn't appeal to much.... but the SWF.... I haven't had a really fun SWF save yet on 2016. Quite often, the burden of dealing with the Eric Eisen and some negative personalities (looking squarely at you, JOEY) makes it unappealing sometimes. But then I got reading thru this thread and thinking about some of the positives - building new stars to replacing the aging main eventers, JACK BRUCE and Remo pulling monster grades on a consistent basis, Lobster Warrior as a heel.... think I might need to give the world of Supreme a go soon.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just don't push the Bumfholes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just don't push the Bumfholes.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not only will I push them HEAVILY, but I absolutely do not rename them. I want swarms of young women screaming "BUMFHOLE! BUMFHOLE! BUMFHOLE" at the two them as they headline a Supreme Challenge. They will be everything that the Young Bucks cannot be.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not only will I push them HEAVILY, but I absolutely do not rename them. I want swarms of young women screaming "BUMFHOLE! BUMFHOLE! BUMFHOLE" at the two them as they headline a Supreme Challenge. They will be everything that the Young Bucks cannot be.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why do you hate me? Go back to WCW, don't do this to me. </p><p> </p><p> Push Eric Eisen. Give the man the Supreme Challenge main event he deserves. Going over Jack Bruce.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why do you hate me? Go back to WCW, don't do this to me. <p> </p><p> Push Eric Eisen. Give the man the Supreme Challenge main event he deserves. Going over Jack Bruce.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, Eric's one world title reign was a win over Jack. He lost it back to Jack at The Supreme Challenge. So it would feel like rehashing history. Can't be doing that. Double E will have to content himself with throwaway feuds until he hits time decline.</p>