TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Why am I so much less popular in Tasmania than the other regions in Oceania?

A bit like Hawaii in the US, Tasmania has no spillover from other regions, so you have to either have a TV deal that covers it, or actually hold shows there. You won't grow in Tasmania via spillover from other regions.

I still cant work it out.... 🤦🏻*♂️

First things is make sure you are on the latest patch. just in case. .

Now, prepare the worker to turn in the roster screen by clicking on their current disposition. .

Next you have to have them booked in an angle or match and use the "turn" road agent note and make sure you have the worker you want to turn selected.

Finally while you are running the show once you get to the match or angle you have them set to turn in, you have to click the handle changes button to actually complete the turn.

First things is make sure you are on the latest patch. just in case. .

Now, prepare the worker to turn in the roster screen by clicking on their current disposition. .

Next you have to have them booked in an angle or match and use the "turn" road agent note and make sure you have the worker you want to turn selected.

Finally while you are running the show once you get to the match or angle you have them set to turn in, you have to click the handle changes button to actually complete the turn.

Appreciate your patience :D Im on 1.08,...

F me sideways, I never knew the babyface bit was a god damn button! Thank you so much!!!

In my save the economy has been steadily falling since the start date. It got as low as 6 at the end of June. Three weeks later it's booming at 76.

Likewise, the wrestling industry was at the high 70s score, now its dropped to mid 20s in the same amount of time.

Are these values supposed to take such massive jumps? I always assumed they were more gradual than that.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cool name" data-cite="cool name" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In your product page what does match focus and angle focus do? What does each option mean?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Check the handbook, it's stated in there (and previously in this thread). In on my phone, otherwise I'd type it out again, but in brief is the way the show rating is calculated </p><p> </p><p> Normal is 70% main event, 20% best other match, 10% average of rest of the card. Angles is same percentage but Best/2nd best/3rd best (NOT average of the rest, like matches).</p><p> </p><p> ME focus is 90% ME/best angle, 10% average of rest/2nd best angle.</p><p> </p><p> The rest are in the handbook. I can't remember exactly.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vigiel" data-cite="vigiel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what's the proper way to make an angry worker happy again? does giving them titles boost their morale or should i give them constant wins?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The fastest way is to either give them a bonus (sometimes it can take giving them a lot to get them back in the green) or to sign a worker that they have a good relationship with.</p><p> </p><p> Other than that, you get them happy by booking them well, having good gimmick changes and turns, or taking their side when incidents come up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vigiel" data-cite="vigiel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what's the proper way to make an angry worker happy again? does giving them titles boost their morale or should i give them constant wins?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Feature him on shows, give him wins (esp. over guys more popular than him), hire workers he has a positive relationship with. Not sure if winning titles specifically helps but it might.</p><p> </p><p> Giving him as cash bonus or some time off will also help.</p><p> </p><p> Great gimmick changes help, but are obviously not something you can control and he might not need one.</p>

Starting off as OLLIE and trying to decide which TV/PPV carriers to go with?

Main decision is whether Internet TV of Medium is better than Terrestrial Small for growth? Anyone know or tested that? Is internet to terrestrial to cable apples to apples as far as size goes?

These seem to be the options at first:

TV-

Los Deporte Hoy FT (Small in Mex and Tiny SW) - need to up BQ to In House

El Canal De Hombre - CT (Small in Mex) - Increase BQ to In House and Music to Minor Licensed

Canal Tres - CT (Very Small in Mex) - no need to change

TV-Mex - CI (Small in Mex) - no need to change

La Red De La Lucha - CI (Med in Mex, Small MS/SW, Tiny PR) - no need to change

PPV-

Selecion Mexico (Medium In Mexico) - Increase BQ to In House and Music to Minor Licensed

PPV seems pretty straight forward if we want PPV rather than televised events. If I start a TV show I am trying to decide about using terrestrial carrier that is small vs the Internet company that is Medium coverage? Anyone used La Red Le La Lucha? Anybody know if you grow faster with Internet coverage of medium vs Terrestrial coverage of small?

I use La Red Le La Lucha for QAW and they're awesome for me because they'll let you overlap coverage with a bigger broadcaster. The other broadcaster will have to allow it as well when it comes to that, but its a huge plus. I don't know about the exact gains due to being on the internet, but the overlapping coverage is helpful as you hit those benchmarks for each broadcaster and you dont have to wait for deals to run out.

Eventually you can get on OnDem who also doesn't care if your coverage overlaps, but then you'll still have Medium coverage in Mexico. I wouldn't worry too much about finances because eventually these broadcast deals raise your popularity to the point you'll be able to make a fortune on weekly events.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigDPW" data-cite="BigDPW" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody know if you grow faster with Internet coverage of medium vs Terrestrial coverage of small?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You grow faster with the former. In TEW 2020, the broadcaster coverage levels are absolute, meaning any kind of medium-sized broadcaster is better than any other kind of small broadcaster. I guess time slots could still be a modifier in that equation, but I'm not sure.</p>

It's inside Broadcast Deals

No idea if someone has answered this already, but that's used by the AI to determine what kind of show it should use this contract for.

For instance, if you set it to be "Normal Shows Only", it'll only use that broadcast deal to show their regular PPV-type events on, not tour shows or one-off special charity events. If you set it to "Not normal Shows", it'll be the opposite; tour shows and other 'throaway' shows will be shown on there, but not their normal PPVs.

For example, a company could have a deal with a big PPV provider to show your PPV events on their network, but then have a separate "deal" with YouTube to broadcast minor shows only. Broadcast Intent tells the AI which type of show is meant to be on which network.

At what point does repetitive booking factor in? Do you get some sort of warning? I ask because I have it on, but it seems like no matter how many times these two guys main event a PPV, the feud just gets hotter.

You're "allowed" to book the same match 3 times in six months without any issues. More than three times in six months and you get a warning, and you'll be penalised if it's not better than the previous matches (if it IS better, it's fine). Each time you run the match after that, it needs to be a little bit better again to avoid the penalty (and the penalty is pretty steep).

It only applies to matches of the same type (1vs1, 2vs2, etc) so you could have a triple threat or tag match mixed in without any problems, but you couldn't have a ladder match or a cage match because they're still 1vs1.

You grow faster with the former. In TEW 2020, the broadcaster coverage levels are absolute, meaning any kind of medium-sized broadcaster is better than any other kind of small broadcaster. I guess time slots could still be a modifier in that equation, but I'm not sure.

Aye, the bigger broadcaster will always be the better option in terms of growth. The smaller terrestrial company might give you more income, though. Depends what you need most.

Last few PPVs have had the main event dinged for burnt out crowd, tried a few approaches, with last match usually only having one segment between the last "calm the crowd" match. Is this just because of the length of the show (three hours plus pre-show), or is it because I'm having too many exciting matches during the show? Anyone have any advice?

I'm SWF if that makes any difference.

You're "allowed" to book the same match 3 times in six months without any issues. More than three times in six months and you get a warning, and you'll be penalised if it's not better than the previous matches (if it IS better, it's fine). Each time you run the match after that, it needs to be a little bit better again to avoid the penalty (and the penalty is pretty steep).

It only applies to matches of the same type (1vs1, 2vs2, etc) so you could have a triple threat or tag match mixed in without any problems, but you couldn't have a ladder match or a cage match because they're still 1vs1.

Thanks. That's extremely helpful.

Is there a benefit to running a TV show instead of Events? From what I can see, television shows get you a fraction of the attendance and a fraction of the popularity increases for the company and the workers, and you can run events just as frequently on the exact same broadcasters. I haven't done exhaustive tests on the finances, but my Medium TV promotion is barely surviving on Sponsorship money, while my Small Events promotion (4x monthly 'events') is making huge money on ticket sales and is making stars out of everyone.

You can do Block Taping with TV shows, which I really like, but other than that? What am I missing.

Is there a benefit to running a TV show instead of Events? From what I can see, television shows get you a fraction of the attendance and a fraction of the popularity increases for the company and the workers, and you can run events just as frequently on the exact same broadcasters. I haven't done exhaustive tests on the finances, but my Medium TV promotion is barely surviving on Sponsorship money, while my Small Events promotion (4x monthly 'events') is making huge money on ticket sales and is making stars out of everyone.

You can do Block Taping with TV shows, which I really like, but other than that? What am I missing.

You don't necessarily need to use all your Stars and Major Stars on every single TV show. You mostly will have to if all you're events are Normal intent.

You don't necessarily need to use all your Stars and Major Stars on every single TV show. You mostly will have to if all you're events are Normal intent.

If you don't have your own broadcaster, grade requirements will also be higher for events, I believe. Also, all of your workers will try harder on events, which results in better grades, but also higher fatigue and injury chance.

I'm playing a game as a Booker, but want to change the Product on one of my brands. Is there anyway to see the details of the different products besides the "Change Product Base" button or do I have start a new game as an Owner?

You can go to the editor and click on a promotion and then there's a Product button there. You can look at everything and see what works for you.