I must be bugged, because im getting to much money at local lvl. I think i made over 15k 1st month with only one show? 59 people at a bar.....

11,849$ from sponsors?! on first month....

-------------------------

ran 2nd show and im up to 22,922 in finances, on jan 2016 with sponsors at 0/0/0/0

-------------

I mean i understand "quite favourable towards getting sponsorship". but that much?!?!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must be bugged, because im getting to much money at local lvl. I think i made over 15k 1st month with only one show? 59 people at a bar.....

ran 2nd show and im up to 22,922 in finances, on jan 2016 with sponsors at 0/0/0/0

-------------

I mean i understand "quite favourable towards getting sponsorship". but that much?!?!

That is a lot of sponsorship and a lot of people coming to a show with 0 pop. Are you sure you've not pulled a creep show and just started your own fed on Rockhard as those numbers suggest you have about 8-10 pop. If it's really 0 pop, would love to know the economy and industry scores.

Going to try one more since my penny pinching killed my roster on trial 2....

At the end of trial 1....

4 shows completed (2hr length, were monthly shows that I moved after each time to get every other week)

Economy F+ falling Industry D+ falling

attendance: 11, 12, 14 ,15

sponsorship: $414, $2000

Merch: $310, $316

Misc income: $972, $1149

show costs: $6,600, $6,600

Performance: -$65,809, -$53,582

Distribution: DVD

Pop: 2.0 in home region, vary 0.8 to 0.1 elsewhere.

Penny pinching contracts: no

Workers that left: 0

At the end of trial 1....

8 shows completed (1.5hr length, were weekly shows)

Economy B- falling Industry C Rising

attendance: 12, 14, 18, 22, 24, 26, 26, 28

sponsorship: $10,050, $28,875

Merch: $393, $463

Misc income: $1,416, $1066

show costs: $9,800, $9,200

Performance: -$34,626, -$15,123

Distribution: internet

Pop: 4.0 in home region, 1.6 everywhere else

Penny pinching contracts: yes

Workers that quit: Chris Flynn, Mr. Lucha, Masked cougar, with DWN and Art Reed likely next month, all due to not getting raises.

all attempts will have the same product, which is 'very favorable for sponsorship' and are in the great lakes region

edited to add that my third attempt now filed the quitters in the tech support pages because two talent demanded a raise the day after signing, and then quit before their first event when I wouldn't give it to them.

-------------

I second TheFlamingred, that is way too much attendance for a 0% pop.

my full apologize , I thought rock hard was 0/0/0/0. Now im guessing its not?

If its not how do I start a game harder than that? the lowest option I could see was rock hard?

----

also, is rock hard to easy for people ?

----

and B+ Eco, D industry. Both Rising.

my full apologize , I thought rock hard was 0/0/0/0. Now im guessing its not?

If its not how do I start a game harder than that? the lowest option I could see was rock hard?

----

also, is rock hard to easy for people ?

----

and B+ Eco, D industry. Both Rising.

You need to create a fed in the editor for 0/0/0/0, setting pop = 0 everywhere, money = $0, momentum F- and prestige 0.

I decided to start a 0/0/0/0 (really $2500) for real this time, and also decided to go for just one show a month (so this doesn't REALLY get going until Monday)...and damn, I had to go into the editor to see my population growth.

from 0.0 to 0.2 to 0.4 after the first and second shows, respectively. This is a bear! That said, I'm already noticing minor spillover effects. I just hope I can afford to keep doing this before my, allegedly 18 month, grace period is over with the bank. I anticipate it'll be at least 2 more months before popularity is even measurable outside of the in-game editor. That said, I think once that starts rolling in it will begin growing fairly regularly, and hopefully the spillover and sponsorship money will start to pull me out of the hole. My shows are costing about $13k per month (I have a full announce team).

For reference I opened Primal Wrestling as The Wolverine, who happened to be based in New England so I started there. I'm excited to get the ball rolling.

You need to create a fed in the editor for 0/0/0/0, setting pop = 0 everywhere, money = $0, momentum F- and prestige 0.

Alternatively, you can create a fed at rock hard, then go into the in-game editor and manually adjust your pop in all regions to 0.

I decided to start a 0/0/0/0 (really $2500) for real this time, and also decided to go for just one show a month (so this doesn't REALLY get going until Monday)...and damn, I had to go into the editor to see my population growth.

from 0.0 to 0.2 to 0.4 after the first and second shows, respectively. This is a bear! That said, I'm already noticing minor spillover effects. I just hope I can afford to keep doing this before my, allegedly 18 month, grace period is over with the bank. I anticipate it'll be at least 2 more months before popularity is even measurable outside of the in-game editor. That said, I think once that starts rolling in it will begin growing fairly regularly, and hopefully the spillover and sponsorship money will start to pull me out of the hole. My shows are costing about $13k per month (I have a full announce team).

For reference I opened Primal Wrestling as The Wolverine, who happened to be based in New England so I started there. I'm excited to get the ball rolling.

Yeah I noticed when I was doing my finance test runs before we found out it was 18 months that bad wrestling economy = 0.2 pop gains instead of 0.5, which will definitely make getting stuck with it bad at the start quite the uphill battle for sure!

I started a fed quite favourable to sponsorship in the Great Lakes with 55 economy and 31 wrestling industry.(both falling)

I stacked my UC with negotiating 10 and basically hired the workers willing to settle for the least. My main eventers cost around $430-40 a show. The ref costs $320. I couldn't work out how to set an owner so I got stuck with announcer Marvin Earnest but he's waiving his fees until we're profitable. Which is nice of him. I ran 2 shows a month - basically using 5 wrestlers, my UC and a referee and managed to get

http://i.imgur.com/DPWfxZ8.gif

Ending up with 2.0 popularity in the Great Lakes (pretty much +0.5 each show). It would seem the fans are paying $10 to get in which is very generous of them. :) Hopefully I should be able to start making a profit before half my roster want to leave because they're being left off the show.

I'd guess that product, economy, wrestling industry and region importance are vital when you do this. Don't try to start a hardcore fed in Scotland. Unless you get a £5m grant.

I started a fed quite favourable to sponsorship in the Great Lakes with 55 economy and 31 wrestling industry.(both falling)

I stacked my UC with negotiating 10 and basically hired the workers willing to settle for the least. My main eventers cost around $430-40 a show. The ref costs $320. I couldn't work out how to set an owner so I got stuck with announcer Marvin Earnest but he's waiving his fees until we're profitable. Which is nice of him. I ran 2 shows a month - basically using 5 wrestlers, my UC and a referee and managed to get

http://i.imgur.com/DPWfxZ8.gif

Ending up with 2.0 popularity in the Great Lakes (pretty much +0.5 each show). It would seem the fans are paying $10 to get in which is very generous of them. :) Hopefully I should be able to start making a profit before half my roster want to leave because they're being left off the show.

I'd guess that product, economy, wrestling industry and region importance are vital when you do this. Don't try to start a hardcore fed in Scotland. Unless you get a £5m grant.

If you're doing two shows, you should be able to rotate your taken in the shows so most people relatively happy. Those figures are similar to what I've been a bit now. The interesting part will come now, as you can decide to scale back to one show a month, which should see you already start a profit (4K sponsorship should now be 5-6k in March and a single show should only be about 5k using your figures) - or could can keep going two shows a month but keep on ramping that sponshorship - and can eventually scale back to one a month in the final few months if you're getting close to the 18 months or hitting local.

:) it's nice to see that it's going to be okay for most people go get past the initial money issues - b that the challenge will be very more real for those who do want to try products which don't attract sponsorship :) will be interesting to hear people's longer term games once it's released Monday.

At the end of trial 3 (which will most likely be the one I continue forward with)....

9 shows completed (1.5hr length for weekly shows, one 2hr special event at end of month 1 for the title)

Economy C falling Industry B+ falling

attendance: 13, 17, 22, 25, 28, 32, 36, 43, 49

sponsorship: $10,903, $35,100

Merch: $316, $411

Misc income: $1,200, $1,422

show costs: $12,100, $9,200

Performance: -$52,405, -$7,650

Distribution: internet

Pop: 6.6 in home region, 2.6 in main spillover, 1.8 everywhere else

Penny pinching contracts: between trials 1 and 2. pinched in some areas but not all. Instead of making the main guys occasional performers via contracts, I did it by brands.

Workers that quit: none, though Fro Sure did ask for a raise and get mad when I said no.

The second month broke even by the time most shows rolled around (Thurs) and the present week might again given the sponsorship. Pop was interesting. Sometimes I went up 0.8 sometimes 0.5 in the main region. Sometimes the main spillover went up 0.2, sometimes 0.3 or possibly more. Didn't really correlate with show grade, but moreso with timing, bigger jumps early.

Next goal is to make enough money to combine the brands so I can use all of the top guys instead of rotating. Then continued pop growth as fast as possible while still making money for future investments and make a nest for bad economy periods. One downside to the rotation method is that even when I use off brand guys, based on the messages, I don't believe that they count as locker room leaders so slightly more locker room incidents this play through. Could be fixed by switching brands pre-show.

quick question, if I recall from the dev journal certain things don't require workers to be paid but can still advance storyline. What are they? (off camera angles?)

I know it's too early to ask and have a good answer, but I would like to know before buy the game.

- How is the 0/0/0/0 challenge?

- Does it can have a good challenge (even with a bad economy / wrestling industry)?

- Does you need to take only lower pay wrestler or you can take better wrestler?

I know than in the Patch #9, sponsors have change, but does they go down? even with the same product I get lower sponsor than before. I even reload a game than I made with patch #5 or 6 and they go down by 66%.

I really want to buy the game (if I buy it, I will probably try to make my own mod...) but I don't want to get borred because I prefer play 0/0/0/0 games than taking one of the other companies.

Thanks

I know it's too early to ask and have a good answer, but I would like to know before buy the game.

- Does it can have a good challenge (even with a bad economy / wrestling industry)?

- Does you need to take only lower pay wrestler or you can take better wrestler?

I know than in the Patch #9, sponsors have change, but does they go down? even with the same product I get lower sponsor than before. I even reload a game than I made with patch #5 or 6 and they go down by 66%.

I really want to buy the game (if I buy it, I will probably try to make my own mod...) but I don't want to get borred because I prefer play 0/0/0/0 games than taking one of the other companies.

Thanks

Sorry, I stopped testing this once i figured we had 18 months and it was not so bad. This was at patch 5/6ish... I didn't know any patches changes sponsorship, I can't see patch notes anymore either so I don't iknow any changes till I start playing the game tomorrow. I've been at work today, so missed release day.

Thanks

I still think 0/0/0/0 is the way to play. This is my craziest month at work so I haven't played too much, but it seems to me that it is totally doable this year with various products and world states.

Right now I am planning to run with guys in the $300-$600 range for my first roster and run them six per show until profitable. I think others are being even more ambitious with the level of workers they are bringing in.

Where did you read about the changes in patch 9? I haven't seen any discussion on how that effected sponsors.

I'm in my 5th month, doing only a show per month, and I am seriously skeptical this is survivable without doing multiple shows a month. I'm nowhere near breaking even...and I haven't officially hit 1% pop yet (I haven't had my 5th show yet)

I'm in my 5th month, doing only a show per month, and I am seriously skeptical this is survivable without doing multiple shows a month. I'm nowhere near breaking even...and I haven't officially hit 1% pop yet (I haven't had my 5th show yet)

What is the economy and wrestling industry? That seems like horrendously slow growth.

Could that $150 drop just be the fact sponsorships are a range?

Where did you read about the changes in patch 9? I haven't seen any discussion on how that effected sponsors.

It was in the pre-patch topic (who are not available anymore). And I remember than it was say it was put from people request.

I have look one more time the save I talk about in my previous post. And the sponsor have change. Well... it change everytime I clic the estimage costs buttom (it's normal, a public beta bug only or a full game bug too?). Now, in march, it's double than the sponsor I have in february. And since I made $211 profit in febuary and I'm -$15,157 in money, It will be easy to be outside of dept within half a year.

I have made 4 show in January and only 1 show in February.

So, thanks for your help. I'm not sure to buy it tonight... a little late and I really need a good night of sleep.

It was in the pre-patch topic (who are not available anymore). And I remember than it was say it was put from people request.

I have look one more time the save I talk about in my previous post. And the sponsor have change. Well... it change everytime I clic the estimage costs buttom (it's normal, a public beta bug only or a full game bug too?). Now, in march, it's double than the sponsor I have in february. And since I made $211 profit in febuary and I'm -$15,157 in money, It will be easy to be outside of dept within half a year.

I have made 4 show in January and only 1 show in February.

So, thanks for your help. I'm not sure to buy it tonight... a little late and I really need a good night of sleep.

The estimate varying is not a bug. It is a range of possible values so that every game is not the same/perfectly linear.

Well that's disappointing. I was fooled by the way sponsorship went up in the second month. It levelled out after that and I got my first bankruptcy warning in April. Cut down to one show a month (and was actually making a very slight profit in May) but the damage was done and we went out of business in June.

I'm guessing you have to stick with the one show/month or every other month model that you had to use in TEW 2010. I shall start again a try running a lot less conservatively. Makes development slow at the outset but what can you do?

Well that's disappointing. I was fooled by the way sponsorship went up in the second month. It levelled out after that and I got my first bankruptcy warning in April. Cut down to one show a month (and was actually making a very slight profit in May) but the damage was done and we went out of business in June.

I'm guessing you have to stick with the one show/month or every other month model that you had to use in TEW 2010. I shall start again a try running a lot less conservatively. Makes development slow at the outset but what can you do?

You got made bankrupt in June? If the promotion was new, it should have a further 12 month leeway to not be bankrupt. Are you sure you set the opening date to be Jan Week 1. 2016? If you have, then I think you've hit a bug.

Archived