So, was checking out the player handbook and read this during the Managing Your Finances Section regarding bankrupt.

"If a company ends the month with a negative amount of cash, it increased the bank's annoyance by one (count hidden). If annoyance goes past a certain level, the company will be declaired bankrupt. The Annoyance level is based on the size of the company and how long it has been in business. The lowest possible limit is 6 months, the largest is 5 years. It returns to zero when the company finishes the month with a positive amount of cash"

"NB: Companies that have been in business for less than one year get special consideration and do not increase the bank's annoyance at all, even if they have negative cash"

There we have it, we have 18 months to get out of the red! That is plenty I think based on our findings of two months! It really offers some leeway (as we were saying 6 months was tight, but just about possible in the right circumstances)

Case Closed!

I knew I'd read it somewhere.... I'm going to default all my advice to just reading the players handbook in future. :p

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew I'd read it somewhere.... I'm going to default all my advice to just reading the players handbook in future. :p

Yeah, Its quite bad that it's taken me till Thursday to finally delve into the handbook. I was looking to see if there was any other nit-bits of information which I didn't know, and low and behold on page 41 was the answer to a whole debate spanning 4 pages of this thread.

The New question is... How do you play from here!? Do you go back to one show a month as you'll lose money in the first 4 months, but earn money back in the next 14, do you still rush one 4 shows in month one, and earn money back the next 17 (seems more optimal) or do you go all out and run multiple shows in the first year for longer then a month, get massive sponsorship and just grow quickly to a profit (relenting to one show a month in the final few months).

At least there is a variety of strategies available now, instead of the old bog standard one show a month until you hit LOCAL (at the very least).

I'm personally more apt to go the standard 1 show a month route. I know it seems silly, but I don't like having an advantage over the AI promotions like that.

The only reason I did 2 shows in my first month this time around is because of the public beta's limitations.

A couple of bits of math suggests...

• One show a month, break even in month 9. (pop 4.5)
  • Four shows in month 1, one show a month after that, Break even month 8 (pop 5.5)
  • Two shoes a month, break even in month 9. (pop 9)
  • Four shows in two month, two shows a month after that, break even at month 10 (but very close to local - pop 10)

This assumes expected sponsorship = actual sponsorship roughly. I am taking about 0.5 pop in region home = about $1000 actual sponsors.

If you're in a bad economy, and remove sponsorship 50% ($500 per 0.5 pop)

• One show a month, break even in month 19. (pop 9.5)
  • Four shows in month 1, one show a month after that, Break even month 17 (pop 10)
  • Two shoes a month, moving up to local size adds 3000 a show so... you don't get out of the red quick enough.
  • Four shows in first month, two shows a month after that, will also fail badly.

That's a bit tougher, and you have to make sure you don't hit local too early else you'll be hit with another 3k cost per show. And you don't get a sponsorship boost once leveling up because it's gradual now... When doing a 0/0/0/0 run, you defiantly want to be making that 3k per show profit before hitting local, because much like going unto cult to quick, it's going to cost you money and sponsorship isn't going to support you immediately as there is no step - and that's going to be a feature for when you are heading to regional too.

I know you are treating it as a game but as a wrestler 4 shows a month at a local level... Are you out flyering those areas to get the punters in as that's a lot of hard work ��

Fascinating reading fellas never tried a 0/0/0/0 game before something new to try in 2016.

Not really... With zero popularity our attendance is... about 10 people... I think we go to a parking lot, set up a ring and hope come homeless people some to see whats going on (and maybe we'll let them into the ring on a one night deal too). Maybe someone puts us on youtube with their iPhone and we gain a tiny following. Still, we're less popular then a flash mob.

I know you are treating it as a game but as a wrestler 4 shows a month at a local level... Are you out flyering those areas to get the punters in as that's a lot of hard work 😜

Fascinating reading fellas never tried a 0/0/0/0 game before something new to try in 2016.

0/0/0/0 RtG's are my absolute favorite way of playing.

So, was checking out the player handbook and read this during the Managing Your Finances Section regarding bankrupt.

"If a company ends the month with a negative amount of cash, it increased the bank's annoyance by one (count hidden). If annoyance goes past a certain level, the company will be declaired bankrupt. The Annoyance level is based on the size of the company and how long it has been in business. The lowest possible limit is 6 months, the largest is 5 years. It returns to zero when the company finishes the month with a positive amount of cash"

"NB: Companies that have been in business for less than one year get special consideration and do not increase the bank's annoyance at all, even if they have negative cash"

There we have it, we have 18 months to get out of the red! That is plenty I think based on our findings of two months! It really offers some leeway (as we were saying 6 months was tight, but just about possible in the right circumstances)

Case Closed!

You are my hero. Glad to see it was something we were all just not seeing and that the challenge is still there while allowing us some breathing room! The sponsorship gradient really makes things a LOT more interesting for local to global climbs, and I eagerly await Monday :)

What are you guys doing with your user character to fill in any roles? Are you just making them a personality? I usually make mine a road agent and double use them as a commentator.

And what do you guys do for event distribution? Are you setting it to none? And would setting it to internet distribution help raise your popularity quicker, and by extension your sponsorship?

What are you guys doing with your user character to fill in any roles? Are you just making them a personality? I usually make mine a road agent and double use them as a commentator.

And what do you guys do for event distribution? Are you setting it to none? And would setting it to internet distribution help raise your popularity quicker, and by extension your sponsorship?

Those of us doing the Road To Glory Challenge will have our user character mostly as an active wrestler (though not very good one, to begin with) as part of the goal is to headline an event in a global company eventually (though really, that's the carrot on a stick which I personally use to keep save games going long term - which is what I like about Road to Glory. I can play other Feds, but I normally have a few Short to Mid goals in mind, but then the game fizzles out for me unless I always have new goals - which I normally struggle for after a few years of play). I've never completed the challenge, but I have my longest lasting saves with this style of game - and hang around national for a good few years longer then I do with the already existing Feds. (I really struggle to keep going with national Feds as things seem to take ages to happen, and if I move to beyond one show a week, I get burned out with all the booking. I am hoping that the Auto-Booker will alleviate that a bit for me, and I can use it as a second NPC Booker for those shows).

The challenge also means your started fed has an owner who is not you, so that's another person who can perhaps fill in roles, but they will have a contract with the fed which will also push up the wage bill.

The challenge also means your started fed has an owner who is not you, so that's another person who can perhaps fill in roles, but they will have a contract with the fed which will also push up the wage bill.

I usually make a cheap Referee the owner as I usually only take my starting promotion to Regional and then look to abandon ship for better ones once my character learns to wrestle.

Hired all of the rookie class but one person (They had a bad attitude) and then added in Austin Smooth, Steel and Remmy Honneyman! RTGs in 2016 are not going to be too difficult managing the locker room....

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/kevincumpton/Random%20Screenshots/Rookie%20Class_zps9c7zcqdp.jpg

I typically have my user character as the owner, and a referee. I don't know why that is exactly, I just always do.

I also don't do the RTG thing, so I typically just come out swinging and stick with it as far as I can, or until I get bored. With all of the changes 2016 brings, I don't see getting bored as easily. The problem I used to run into was getting to cult and not being able to make it farther because I generally don't like firing guys unless they're a pain in the ass or are suffering from time decline.

I like the idea of making a Vince McMahon-esque personality that's an announcer and involved in angles, but ultimately I don't think you can beat the classic backyard wrestler-to-superstar play through, at least for the first time.

I am a RtG guy, so I will play as a wrestler (though I don't think I have the knack for creating someone balanced enough).

This is super true about internet distribution! In the past I always picked DVD sales for the extra merch cash, but internet may be the way to go until financially feasible.

I am still figuring out who to have be my owner. I never thought of doing a cheap ref, it could be an option which might not be too bad. I typically pick a dependable veteran who will be around for a while and can act as a locker room leader without breaking the bank.

Not that I'm passing judgement, but I guess I'm old fashioned.

I tried RtG at one point, but it just seems so insincere to build a company just to abandon it. I feel like it's much more of a challenge to build a company from nothing and take them as far as you can, rather than just your user character.

Not that I'm passing judgement, but I guess I'm old fashioned.

I tried RtG at one point, but it just seems so insincere to build a company just to abandon it. I feel like it's much more of a challenge to build a company from nothing and take them as far as you can, rather than just your user character.

You don't HAVE to abandoned it. You can its within the rules but you don;t HAVE to. I always stick my company through to National, I consider it a secondary objective Not only to headline a nation promotions show with an A* performance but to make that national promotion the one I started with.

Oh, I have no plans to abandon it. I am going to do RtG and local to global with the same company. I wouldn't consider anything else.

I too like to stick with my company for the most part. In regards to game mechanics in general, I love starting with very little, and then progressing though building it up until it becomes amazing. This works for my boat in Assassins Creed Black Flag, my base in Minecraft, my characters ability in Skyrim, my space stations in Kerbal Space Program.

Like all of those, it's very hard to abandon your 'project' in order to jump ship to a different promotion. but at the same time, if SWF came knocking - it's a consideration. What I have done before, was actually make 3 RtG characters, had one as the owner of my 0/0/8/1000 fed, and the other one off unemployed, and see how it all went. I considered jumping my user character at one point, and then adding a player 2 as the owner I just left behind (I know this isn't really RtG anymore but, well, I am adapting the rules to ways I like to play) and so I had the best of two worlds for a time. That was a fun save actually...

To be honest, my most enjoyable game mechanics in Tew is

1- starting off with nothing, bringing in talent yourself and seeing your promotion grow (it feels nicer then pre starting with a roster - I like delving into a company as each roster has its challenges, but again, I tend to only get a few years in, overcome my initial goals / challenges and then, let that save game wilt.

2 - starting off with a rookie wrestler and seeing them grow (either as a user character or someone in the CVerse you just like the idea of). I love the idea of the "keeping it Indy" game thread, as it would be this, but about being the workers middle step, letting them go to see if they will make the top.

3 - making up interesting storylines, getting creative - normally taking inspiration from elsewhere and seeing it pan out. One of my current goals to Tew16 is to find someone in the CVerse who I can make a gimmick of "sans" from Undertale. A complete lazy bones, comedy gimmick, not trying hard, losing lots when put in battles he doesn't care about. Then, have someone else come and try to really be morally bankrupt, destroying the company and his friends... And then for sans gimmick to shift to his Genocide run mode, where he goes all out beyond anyone's expectations. I think that would be fun to book.

I have digressed, what where we talking about?

Oh, I have no plans to abandon it. I am going to do RtG and local to global with the same company. I wouldn't consider anything else.

Same. No chance I could ever bail on AOW after building them up. It takes a long time in a 0/0/0/0 RtG to get anywhere and I form a pretty special bond with the company and starting roster.

curious how much pop everyone is getting per show. I'm getting 0.5, with some decent workers and an overall grade of about C per show (also averaging about -30K per show, but I have extras like announcers, 2nd ref, and a 1K set). I did give myself 100K to start with, but all else 0 including an empty roster.

I saw someone mention 1.0 per show, wondering what the avg grade is and how much those workers are costing?

I played as jack avatar, but do think a young ref may be the smartest way to go is it affects every match and he'll never get poached or have moral/drug problems etc. Maybe I can have jack ref a few matches and take a dual role.

curious how much pop everyone is getting per show. I'm getting 0.5, with some decent workers and an overall grade of about C per show (also averaging about -30K per show, but I have extras like announcers, 2nd ref, and a 1K set). I did give myself 100K to start with, but all else 0 including an empty roster.

I saw someone mention 1.0 per show, wondering what the avg grade is and how much those workers are costing?

I played as jack avatar, but do think a young ref may be the smartest way to go is it affects every match and he'll never get poached or have moral/drug problems etc. Maybe I can have jack ref a few matches and take a dual role.

Half a pop point is quite standard. You could get more if the economy, wrestling industry and your momentum and trend is high. But spending 30k to put on a C show isn't needed.

Firstly, I doubt you're going to get 30k a month for a long long time, so you'll bleed money. Secondly, with 0 original pop, having a show grade of 30 (E) is already 30 above what was pecten, and is why you see your 0.5 pop in one show. I don't think getting a show of 60 © will boost that much more if at all, as the audience is simply seeing that it's a much better show then what is expected (either E or C). Thus, the aim of local is simply to slowly raise pop until you get bigger - you don't need to change this formula much so long as you get getting a dozen points above what is expected. Once you start only getting 6 or so points more then your pop per show, you'll see that your normal gain is really quite low, 0.1 or 0.2 at a time... Seriously, 0.5 is actually quite a big jump for one show (imagine how fast you'd rise if this was true and you were doing multiple shows a week on tv).

Not arguing that it's not a lot, but I've also had regular 0.8-1.1 at this stage in 13, and hearing that some are getting 1.0, and that each pop point = more money has me interested. I did note that I left it at dvd instead of internet so that may make some negative difference.

again just thinking of mechanics here. my goal was to bring in a few name guys early to bring pop and train up the young guys in both pop and skills, seems to be working. Then only renew some of the name guys, gradually weeding them out to have cheaper guys that I've built up. In 13 it was about 18 months to make money and that was per month, not break even, but I also did more shows per month and gave myself a large starting sum in 13 so this is more challenging

wow, what a difference a game save makes.....

went back to reattempt with a slimmer roster and more frequent shows. in version 1 I did 2 shows/month had monthly sponsor income of 400 and 2000 dollars. Burned through 120K by the end of the 2 month trial

In version 2, I did weekly shows (Also bumped production from DVD to internet and had a better industry and economy), and after six weeks I have burned through only 40K and had sponsorship of 10K in the first month and so far 17K in the second month.

The massive sponsorship change is staggering.

Also noteworthy in version 2, I actually hired most of the same talent, but tried to do every tactic possible to keep contracts down (events only, no travel, card status, etc and signed the big money folks as special attractions to keep frequency of big money down). My previously 100% positive pool of talent started to all ask for raises within a week or 2, got ticked when I didn't give them and have either started causing incident, or in one case (Chris Flynn, who I had big plans for) quit. I believe art reed will be quitting too as I've denied his raise twice now. Good thing I didn't put a title on him yet.

Archived