TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

On 1/5/2023 at 12:58 AM, chm39 said:

What if the client doesn't have anything special looks wise but they are great in the ring? How would you go about doing that?

If the angle is long and important (6+ minutes, a major storyline) then I rate the Manager on Entertainment, and the Client on Not Rated.

If the angle is short and not important in the grand scheme of the show, I'd rate the Client on Entertainment (or Acting or Microphone is they show promise in that area) so they can get some practice and learn by doing, working with a superior talker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d12345 said:

Anybody no what reasons I might get this 'advising against a comedy match for Marc Raisin' note? Raisin is a Comedy Match worker currently using a comedy gimmick. I'm booking the default USPW product : image.thumb.png.8acb571c3b73c9a7d0c92e937c08f1aa.pngimage.png.08a560020c4e624625cc43fd2b3058dd.pngimage.png.33a51b5c5cd25204ca966e2b78ce4464.png

It's probably because he has low entertainment stats.

• Like 1

That gimmick note means he'll gain less popularity than normal when he reaches Star or Major Star level within your company unlesss you are specifically a comedy based company.  I forget USPW's default product but I'm pretty sure it's not comedy based, so essentially Le Raisin is capped at being a comedy midcard act for you.  Given USPW's enormous size, and Raisin's low ceiling in general, the note won't likely have any negative effects for you so you won't need to worry about it.  Most comedy gimmicks and a lot of gimmicky gimmicks will get that note by their very nature, which used to happen by default in older TEWs before the gimmick system changed for TEW20 :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Derek B said:

That gimmick note means he'll gain less popularity than normal when he reaches Star or Major Star level within your company unlesss you are specifically a comedy based company.  I forget USPW's default product but I'm pretty sure it's not comedy based, so essentially Le Raisin is capped at being a comedy midcard act for you.  Given USPW's enormous size, and Raisin's low ceiling in general, the note won't likely have any negative effects for you so you won't need to worry about it.  Most comedy gimmicks and a lot of gimmicky gimmicks will get that note by their very nature, which used to happen by default in older TEWs before the gimmick system changed for TEW20 :)

Thanks for this. The default product is Family Friendly Pro Wrestling, but I just realized the owner actually shifted it to PG Rated Sports Entertainment in this save. Coincidentally the PG Sports Ent product has the note that "Comedy based gimmicks can be used even by Stars and Major Stars"

On 1/14/2023 at 11:41 AM, gazdaman said:

With a local to global is it better to book weekly or monthly shows

If I am explaining it right, 2 shows a month is probably the most if you have natural growth limits on. You can only earn so much pop at that insignificant level, so running more shows is only going to increase your expenses for little/no gain

4 hours ago, Tterrag said:

What even counts as a Super Junior? I'm not sure who to put in for Best of the Super Juniors, or how best to use the rest of my roster leading up to the tournament rather than just ignoring them

A junior is just someone that's lightweight or below. Super Junior is just the name of the tournament like the Super X Cup TNA had. Historically, the best super juniors were either good high fliers or good technicians. 

Haven't seen this come up anywhere, so I figured I'd ask here.

Is there any purpose behind all the phone hack/leaked nudes/etc storylines? Does it change worker morale or popularity or anything? It seems to happen a lot, and I haven't seen an effect, except in the odd occasion that it was revealed that a worker was cheating on their partner.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, Sprout1883 said:

If I am explaining it right, 2 shows a month is probably the most if you have natural growth limits on. You can only earn so much pop at that insignificant level, so running more shows is only going to increase your expenses for little/no gain

Thank you 

Is it possible to change a wrestlers personality without using the editor? Tyler Bate is 'sleazy' and is having a mildly negative effect on backstage, is there any way I can actively work on changing this, other than waiting for an incident and dealing with it that way, and hope for the best?

7 minutes ago, Brintellix said:

Is it possible to change a wrestlers personality without using the editor? Tyler Bate is 'sleazy' and is having a mildly negative effect on backstage, is there any way I can actively work on changing this, other than waiting for an incident and dealing with it that way, and hope for the best?

No, you can't proactively change it. It can only change naturally over time and based on circumstances like the handling of decisions.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2023 at 8:56 AM, cool name said:

I’m doing a mod save, I believe it’s rwc 98. Anyway, how I stop workers from auto generating ? I don’t need auto workers as the mod is in depth enough for future workers. 

Disable "graduation allowed" for every dojo. You can also delete all the "free pictures" in the editor section and then tick the box that requires an image of new workers. 

Edited by Jaysin

Hey so I've been playing for a few days.  Currently booking ROH 2023.  I have a couple of questions:

1.  How do I ensure someone I booked is available?  For example, I have Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin on handshake deals, I prebooked them vs Top Flight, but the day of the event they aren't available since Sabin is at Impact that day.  Is there a way to get pre commitment?

1b can I also get pre commitment to a finish if I book it in advance (example, day of Hikaru shida refused to lose to Willow).

2.  I can't seem to find a match type for War Games.  I don't see 5 on 5 cage or anything, am I missing something?

2 hours ago, ROH2007 said:

1.  How do I ensure someone I booked is available?  For example, I have Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin on handshake deals, I prebooked them vs Top Flight, but the day of the event they aren't available since Sabin is at Impact that day.  Is there a way to get pre commitment?

In the Events & TV section of your office, at the very bottom left, is the Availability button. This will tell you which talent will be absent that day. Talent are going to go to biggest promotion available, so you have to plan around them.

1b can I also get pre commitment to a finish if I book it in advance (example, day of Hikaru shida refused to lose to Willow).

Nope. You can use notes like Keep Strong and Protect to try and talk Shida into taking the L, but that's about it.

2.  I can't seem to find a match type for War Games.  I don't see 5 on 5 cage or anything, am I missing something?

If you can't find it, you can just create it. Just keep in mind your product settings and broadcaster content limits when building it.

15 hours ago, ROH2007 said:

If you use the Talk to Worker option, I think you can ask them to put over a specific other worker. They won't always agree, but if they do, I think they'll agree to do it as long as it happens in the near future.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:48 PM, lawrencelorenz said:

image.png.4425a1e315929fe2f37dfd9660990d7f.png

Why are there two different penalties for the same thing?

I am not sure, but I think it's because it's two separate penalties. Anytime you run a storyline match, there is a penalty if the match quality is above the storyline quality, so that's one. I think that, for some products, matches need to have a good storyline or they get penalized, and so that would be the second.

Edited by Thane of Fife
  • Thanks 1