DOTM Nominations - October 2023

Nomination Template

"WCW vs The World by The Best Writer"

Real World
[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

C-Verse/Fictional
[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Showcase
[New Diary], [shock Signing], [shock Push], [shock Title Win], [shock Turn], [Worker], [Face Worker], [Heel Worker], [Tag Team], [stable], [Champion], [Angle], [storyline], [Rocky Maivia], [Graphics]
[Prefix Category] - [showcase Moment] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Match
[Match @ Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Event
[Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

DIARY: AWA 1989 by piperrulz

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/page/34/

MATCH: 6-MAN TAG - Sgt. Slaughter (WC), Jerry Blackwell & Sam Houston vs. Col. DeBeers, Bob Orton & Jonnie Stewart from AWA All-Star Wrestling in the diary AWA '89 by piperrulz (Posted October 5 on Page 34)

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/page/34/

Edited by piperrulz

Real World
Rise of a Star by @Old School Fan

C-Verse/Fictional
DIW 2024: Waging War Weekly - @619

The Land of Second Chances by @The Lloyd

LAP - Lucha America Productions (CVERSE20) by @newbiezness

Showcase
[New Diary], [shock Signing], [shock Push], [shock Title Win], [shock Turn], [Worker], [Face Worker], [Heel Worker], [Tag Team], [stable], [Champion], [Angle], [storyline], [Rocky Maivia], [Graphics]
New Diary -  PRO X: A Modern Day TEW Saga by @JaCeLo3

Graphics - DIW 2024: Waging War WeeklyNWF: Disrupting the MarketSZW: Sydney Zone Wrestling 2020 by @John Lions (Done multiple banners, and a beautiful sign)

New Diary - BOW: A New Home For British Wrestling by @azzak

New Diary - NWF: Disrupting The Market by @Charasmatic Enigma

Stable - The Brand in WWE 2k23 Playing the game by @Pipers Pit (I just love The Brand and adding Logan Paul and the United States Championship to the fold is strong. )

Match

Remmy Skye vs Mutant in LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate 2021 by @newbiezness

20-man ‘Showcase’ Battle Royal in BOW: A New Home For British Wrestling by @azzak

Event

Hardcore Hallelujah 2024 in DIW 2024: Waging War Weekly by @619

LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate 2021 in LAP - Lucha America Productions by @newbiezness

The Cornell Cup 2022 in The Land of Second Chances by @The Lloyd

Edited by HiPlus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I've left it so late that most of my picks have already been nominated, so I focussed on some deeper cuts:

Event: Eye of the Storm 2022 in SZW - Sydney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus

Character: Whippy The Clown in CGC: From The Ground by @AboardTheArk

Character: Mo Adebola in NWF: Disrupting The Market by @Charasmatic Enigma

Angle: Banky Bremner's bone marrow transplant in SZW - Sydney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus

Angle: First non-match physicality in two years in SZW - Sydney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus

Concept/recurring segment: Mid South Mayhem intro promos in The Outlaw Mudshow Or Peter Valentine's Redemption... by @willr0ck

Reader engagement: Promo created around reader signs in NWF: Disrupting The Market by @Charasmatic Enigma

PS What a selfless worker @HiPlus using your 1000th post to put another worker over 💪

Edited by 619
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Given how active Togg was, I'm worried that something has happened in real life to him. Togg has consistently been one of the most active posters on the forum.

We should consider that possibility when starting/re-starting DOTM.

Does anyone know him in "real life" who could check in perhaps?

TOGG UPDATE

Through a bit of hunting I managed to find Togg on Facebook.  He recently had a minor accident and is awaiting an operation, but has been unable to get to his computer to log on. The official line is he was saving a child from a burning car, but his maybe a slight lie!

He's hoping to be back the 1st week of Jan and appreciates all the concern. 👍

• Like 6

On 12/17/2023 at 11:19 AM, Dave Mac said:

TOGG UPDATE

Through a bit of hunting I managed to find Togg on Facebook.  He recently had a minor accident and is awaiting an operation, but has been unable to get to his computer to log on. The official line is he was saving a child from a burning car, but his maybe a slight lie!

He's hoping to be back the 1st week of Jan and appreciates all the concern. 👍

"maybe a slight lie!" You could have atleast sold the story🤣. The Long, Short and Round the House story is that ive torn my Meniscus, MCL and awaiting news on my ACL. Had an MRI last night, Physio tomorrow and Consultant in Late January (before surgery options). Im going to be limited for some time, until i'm able to walk properly again. The injury was in October the "Child in a Burning Car" was wet grass at the very end of a 4 mile hike (Thankfully).

As i live in a 2 story house, the office being upstairs... I've not been able to get upstairs and to the pc. Working from a laptop is talking 50% longer and life gets in the way, Especially now getting places takes twice the time 🤣.

Once the Christmas decorations are down (Space reclaimed), the office will be moved downstairs and i'll be back to regular duties.

Sadly my #2 when it comes to DOTM has also been tied up. If anyones willing to help out in the new year I would be more than greatful as i will have to take more time out for Surgery.

Sorry you all had to hunt me down!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Togg said:

"maybe a slight lie!" You could have atleast sold the story🤣. The Long, Short and Round the House story is that ive torn my Meniscus, MCL and awaiting news on my ACL. Had an MRI last night, Physio tomorrow and Consultant in Late January (before surgery options). Im going to be limited for some time, until i'm able to walk properly again. The injury was in October the "Child in a Burning Car" was wet grass at the very end of a 4 mile hike (Thankfully).

As i live in a 2 story house, the office being upstairs... I've not been able to get upstairs and to the pc. Working from a laptop is talking 50% longer and life gets in the way, Especially now getting places takes twice the time 🤣.

Once the Christmas decorations are down (Space reclaimed), the office will be moved downstairs and i'll be back to regular duties.

Sadly my #2 when it comes to DOTM has also been tied up. If anyones willing to help out in the new year I would be more than greatful as i will have to take more time out for Surgery.

Nice to know you're still around, Togg. Sorry about your injury. Didn't Charlotte Flair suffer sometyhing similar recently?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Togg said:

Willing to help out for January & February.

Would be very grateful if I could recognize the unofficial diary of the month for November, Moore's AJPW - King's Road Global on BeTheBooker. Think it would be cool since the community did make an attempt to hold a November DOTM nomination if we could recognize that in the record books.

(It's also a really, really good diary).