Most Improved Writer
[Username]

New Diary Writer
[Username]

Writer of the Year
[Username]

Outstanding Contribution
[Username]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Diary Not to Win
[Diary/Link] by [Username]

Real World Diary of the Year

C-Verse/Fictional Diary of the Year

Graphic Presentation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most Shocking Signing
[Signee] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Most Shocking Push
[Worker] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Most Chocking Championship Win
[Worker] wins the [Title] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Most Shocking Face/Heel Turn

Worker of the Year

Face Worker of the Year

Heel Worker of the Year

Champion of the Year
[Worker] holding the [Title] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Tag Team of the Year
[Team] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Stable of the Year
[Stable] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Angle/Segment of the Year
[Angle] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Storyline of the Year
[Storyline] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Match of the Year
[Match] @ [Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Event of the Year
[Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Username]

Rocky Maivia of the Year

Edited by Togg

- - - - - - - - - - Recognition - - - - - - - - - -

Most Improved Writer
TBA

New Diary Writer
TBA

Writer of the Year
Auto -  @619
Auto -  @arlovski
Auto -  @Bigelow Cartwheel
Auto -  @christmas_ape
Auto -  @dstephe4
Auto -  @Golden Guard M
Auto -  @Henderson
Auto -  @HiPlus
Auto -  @Hollywood
Auto -  @jcarmjn
Auto -  @newbiezness
Auto -  @Old School Fan
Auto -  @Rhysrob
Auto -  @TheBigBad1013
Auto -  @Togg
Auto -  @Voeltzwagon
Auto -  @willr0ck
Auto -  @Willsky
TBA

Outstanding Contribution
TBA

- - - - - - - - - - Diary - - - - - - - - - -

Best Diary Not to Win
TBA

Real World Diary of the Year
Auto Jan - Smoky Mountain Wrestling 1992: The way it used to be. The way you like it! by @Golden Guard M
Auto Feb - WCW 1995 by @Henderson
Auto Apr - WCW - Saving The Legacy by @Togg
Auto Apr - The Russian Federation of Wrestling by @dstephe4
Auto Jun - ECW The Complete History by @Hollywood
Auto Aug - WWF: The Monday Night Wars by @Bigelow Cartwheel
Auto Aug - WCW 1995 by @Henderson
Auto Aug - The Russian Federation of Wrestling by @dstephe4
Auto Aug - Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre: La Mejor Lucha Libre del Mundo by @Hollywood
Auto Aug - Rise of a Star by @Old School Fan
Auto Oct - TNA 2013: Bischoff's Last Stand (Continued) by @TheBigBad1013
TBA

C-Verse/Fictional Diary of the Year
Auto Jan - DIW 2023: The Secret Millionaire by @619
Auto Feb - FCW: It Matters by @christmas_ape
Auto Feb - Global Entertainment Wrestling [CV20]  by @newbiezness
Auto Mar - PSW: Welcome to my mid life crisis by @jcarmjn
Auto May - QAW Amazons by @Rhysrob
Auto May - Worldwide Wrestling League CV 77 - The League that came Before by @Willsky
Auto Jun - Black Canvas Grappling | Real Canvas Grappling [CV 2020]   by @arlovski
Auto Aug - SZW - Sydney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus
Auto Aug - FCW: Freedom of Expansion by @Voeltzwagon
Auto Aug - Worldwide Wrestling League (CVerse '77) - The League That Came Before by @Willsky
Auto Sep - LAP - Lucha America Productions by @newbiezness
Auto Sep - The Outlaw Mudshow Or Peter Valentine's Redemption... by @willr0ck
TBA

Graphic Presentation
Auto Jan - FCW: It Matters! by @christmas_ape
Auto Jun - Black Canvas Grappling | Real Canvas Grappling [CV 2020]   by @arlovski
Auto Aug - The Outlaw Mudshow Or Peter Valentine's Redemption... by @willr0ck
TBA

- - - - - - - - - - Most Shocking - - - - - - - - - -

Most Shocking Signing
TBA

Most Shocking Push
TBA

Most Chocking Championship Win
TBA

Most Shocking Face/Heel Turn
TBA

- - - - - - - - - - Individual Focus - - - - - - - - - -

Worker of the Year
Auto Sep - Peter Valentine in The Outlaw Mudshow Or Peter Valentine's Redemption... by @willr0ck
Auto Oct - Chuck Frisby in NWF: Disrupting The Market by @Charasmatic Enigma
TBA

Face Worker of the Year
TBA

Heel Worker of the Year
TBA

Champion of the Year
TBA

Tag Team of the Year
TBA

Stable of the Year
TBA

Auto Oct - Mid South Mayhem intro promos in The Outlaw Mudshow Or Peter Valentine's Redemption... by @willr0ck
TBA

Storyline of the Year
TBA

Match of the Year
Auto Jan - The Last Man Standing Rumble in CGC: From The Ground by @AboardTheArk
Auto Apr - Bryan Daniels vs. Edge @ RFW TV - Episode 5 in The Russian Federation of Wrestling by @dstephe4
Auto Apr - AJ Styles vs. Willow @ TNA Turning Point in TNA 2013: Bischoff's Last Stand (Continued) by @TheBigBad1013
Auto Jul - Renée Martel vs. Tonette Kadrmas @ Mildred Burke Invitational Tournament IV - Night Four in Rise of a Star by @Old School Fan
Auto Jul - 6 Ways to Hell @ WCW: New Blood Rising in WCW - Saving The Legacy by @Togg
Auto Jul - First Blood Match - Steve Austin vs. Ric Flair @ World War 3 in WCW 1995 by @Henderson
Auto Jul - Eddie Gilbert vs. DC Drake @ Eastern Championship Wrestling in ECW: The Complete History by @Hollywood
Auto Aug - Larry Zbyszko vs. The Trooper - Steel Cage Match in AWA 1989: A Financial Savior Is (Badly) Needed by @piperrulz
Auto Oct - 20-man ‘Showcase’ Battle Royal in BOW: A New Home For British Wrestling by @azzak
TBA

Event of the Year
Auto Jan - SMW Gold Rush by @Golden Guard M
Auto Feb - FCW Freedom or Death 13 in FCW: It Matters by @christmas_ape
Auto Feb - OLLIE Luchaslam XXV from Touch the Skye by @DarEatWorld
Auto Mar - PSW Homecoming in PSW: Welcome to my mid life crisis by @jcarmjn
Auto Apr - RFW TV - Episode 5 in The Russian Federation of Wrestling by @dstephe4
Auto May - Double or Nothing 2019 in AEW 2019: FROM THE BEGINNING by @newbiezness
Auto Jun - GCW You Wouldnt Understand in GCW The Road To National by @kanegan
Auto Jul - Mildred Burke Invitational Tournament IV - Night Four in Rise of a Star by @Old School Fan
Auto Jul - WCW: New Blood Rising in WCW - Saving the Legacy by @Togg
Auto Jul - ECW - June 1992 in ECW: The Complete History by @Hollywood
Auto Aug - Episode 10 in The Russian Federation of Wrestling by @dstephe4
Auto Oct - Locked & Loaded in NWF: Disrupting The Market by @Charasmatic Enigma
TBA

Rocky Maivia of the Year
TBA

• Like 3

• Togg changed the title to DOTY Nomination 2023 [NOW OPEN]
  • Togg unlocked this topic

Alright, it took some time to put this all together. I nominated the things that came to my mind in each category first and also things from my diaries. I didn't nominate for all the categories and I only nominated C-Verse diaries. I wrote a real world diary but I've read much less Real World than C-Verse, so I though it wouldn't be fair enough.

I also want to use this post to invite everyone to predict in my LAP diary that is celebrating its second season finale event Lucha Fest II.

New Diary Writer
@newbiezness  This is the first category in which I'm going to self-nominate. I started writing diaries in January 2023. Three of them Global Entertainment Wrestling, AEW 2019: FROM THE BEGINNING and LAP - Lucha America Productions have won DOTM awards in different categories. My other diary Continental Wrestling Alliance: The New CWA had a strong start in my opinion but it didn't have such a good development. I think I've improved my writing skills over the last year by learning from my mistakes and from other writers but I think I still have a lot more to learn.

Outstanding Contribution
@John Lions I think he has contributed to different diaries with his fantastic graphics and has elevated them and that's the reason why his name comes to my mind when I think about what an outstanding contribution means.

Best Diary Not to Win
White Canvas Grappling by @CGN91

I have just read this diary from time to time as I find the Japanese C-Verse very deep and it still doesn't attract me 100%, but this diary has always made a good impression on me and I think it would be a very strong candidate for this award. Also Unai Emery is having a hell of a season in the Premier League.

Most Shocking Signing
Vortex in SZW - Sidney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus

It was one of the things that made me start reading this diary. Vortex's debut was hyped with multiple video messages and his presence was always portrayed as something unique, specially during the first months. I also liked Vortex but I wasn't sure about what he could do in SZW and it was great how it went down.

Most Shocking Championship Win
Sunburst wins the People's Championship in LAP - Lucha America Productions by @newbiezness

Sunburst was in the right place at the right time. Xavi Ferrera was the FCW People's champion (which later became LAP People's title) and I was booking him strongly. Ferrara had beaten Sunburst at LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate 2021 so I booked a rematch for LAP x FCW The Fight For Contracts 2021, where the losers had to leave the company. I had offered contracts to the FCW that I wanted to keep and Ferrera was one of them, but just a few days before the event Ferrara signed an exclusive contract with PSW. I decided to maintain the title match and give the title to Sunburst, who had been booked as an underdog. Then Sunburst had a good reign and ultimately became an important worker.

Worker of the Year
Armando Guerrero in SZW - Sidney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus

I think Armando Guerrero should be in this category right there with the best of the year. Armando's segments have been one of the most creative things I've read here.

Face Worker of the Year

Armando Guerrero in SZW - Sidney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus Belongs here for the reasons above mentioned.

Heel Worker of the Year
Grace Harper in LAP - Lucha America Productions by @newbiezness

Self-nominating a worker that I think has been a little bit underrated but has been crucial for this diary. As @John Lions once said she is an uber heel.

Champion of the Year
Remmy Skye holding the LAP Lucha title in LAP - Lucha America Productions by @newbiezness

Self-nominating the worker that almost single-handedly carried my most successful diary for a year and a half in-game becoming the first LAP Lucha champion and holding it for 17 defences in a span where he was unbeaten in 24 consecutive 1vs1 matches. It started as a story of redemption and it led to the best form in his career.

Tag Team of the Year
Golden Grapplers (Lee Bawes & Christian Blithe) in SZW - Sidney Zone Wrestling by @HiPlus

My favorite tag team in SZW. Their entrances and promos were great. They were great in-ring. They were good individually and as a tag team.

Stable of the Year
Frisby's Foundation For Fitness in NWF: Disrupting The Market by @Charasmatic Enigma

Chuck Frisby was the initiator but later all the members Stuart Wilson, Dwayne Dark, Bret Heartbreak and Holly Leves (these last two may be unofficial members) had an important role and benefited from the spotlight to develop their personalities.

Chuck Frisby at Locked & Loaded in NWF: Disrupting The Market by @Charasmatic Enigma

Chuck Frisby in the first NWF event. It wasn't his first segment but it felt special as @Charasmatic Enigma had asked readers previously what sign would they bring to the show and used them in the segment brilliantly.

Storyline of the Year
LAP takeover of FCW in LAP - Lucha America Productions by @newbiezness

This was a huge storyline that led to some of my best events so far like LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate 2021 or LAP x FCW The Fight For Contracts 2021. I also used this storyline to build Samael The Executioner and Raven Nightfall as a dominant force in LAP and many others had the opportunity to shine thanks to this storyline like Sunburst, El Toro De Oro Jr, etc.

Event of the Year
LAP x FCW The Fight For Contracts 2021 in LAP - Lucha America Production by @newbiezness

Self-nominating again the event where I think the diary definitely changed from dependence on Remmy Skye's streak to much more variety.

• Like 2

Writer of the Year

Cactus Hack

Outstanding Contribution
Old School Fan

Best Graphics

Rise of a Star by Old School Fan

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/53694-rise-of-a-star/

Most Shocking Push
Jake Milliman in AWA 1989 by Captain Kremmen

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/#comments

Most Shocking Championship Win
Cactus Jack def. Sgt. Slaughter for the AWA World Title in AWA 1989 by Captain Kremmen (Post dated Nov. 1, 2023 on the link page below)

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/page/35/

Worker of the Year

Renee' Martel in Rise of a Star by Old School Fan

Face Worker of the Year
Mildred Burke in Rise of a Star by Old School Fan

Heel Worker of the Year
Fabulous Moolah in Rise of a Star by Old School Fan

Champion of the Year
Pro Wrestling Heritage Champion Greg Valentine in AWA 1989 by Captain Kremmen

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/#comments

Tag Team of the Year
The Destruction Crew in AWA 1989 by Captain Kremmen

Masked Mystery Man puts the Trooper out with an ether-soaked rag to cost Trooper his match against Cowboy Bob Orton in AWA 1989 by Captain Kremmen (Post dated Dec. 3, 2023 in link below)

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/page/37/

Storyline of the Year
Mildred Burke vs. Fabulous Moolah in Rise of a Star by Old School Fan

Match of the Year
Loser Leaves The AWA/No DQ: Sgt. Slaughter vs. Col. DeBeers @ WrestleRock '90 in AWA 1989 by Captain Kremmen (Post dated Nov. 28, 2023 on the link page below)

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/52672-awa-1989-a-financial-savior-is-badly-needed/page/37/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Worker of the year HAS to be The Nightmare Vladimir Kulakov in Russian Federation Of Wrestling.

Put Russian Fed Wrestling as Diary of the Year too bro

Writer of the year HAS to be @Old School Fan because of how much work they put in to not just 1 but 2 huge diarys. Lifetime achievement award. Is that a thing.

Cverse best diary could be AWA1989 by @Captain Kremmen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 80085 said:

Worker of the year HAS to be The Nightmare Vladimir Kulakov in Russian Federation Of Wrestling.

Put Russian Fed Wrestling as Diary of the Year too bro

Writer of the year HAS to be @Old School Fan because of how much work they put in to not just 1 but 2 huge diarys. Lifetime achievement award. Is that a thing.

Cverse best diary could be AWA1989 by @Captain Kremmen

Thanks for the nom, but Rise of a Star is the only diary I've ever written here, and Captain Kremmen's AWA 1989 diary is a real world diary, not CVerse.  Glad that you like both diaries and all the work that get put into them though.  😁

• 2 weeks later...

As a thought, for the 2024 nominations, would the community prefer a nomination thread open all year long, to add nominations every month for the Diary of the YEAR? Or the current system of nominations at the end of every year?

1 hour ago, Togg said:

As a thought, for the 2024 nominations, would the community prefer a nomination thread open all year long, to add nominations every month for the Diary of the YEAR? Or the current system of nominations at the end of every year?

I'd prefer to add nominations every month if the thread is updated with the DOTM winners (as they get automatically nominated for Diary of the Year if I'm correct) to see who's been already nominated in each category. But that would be more work for you and you're already doing a great job.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if we can still nominate. But I wanna nominate the best diary character of 2023 because it can only be...

... this

... absolute

... monster

slam-wrestling-vladimir-kulakov-small-728x1024.thumb.jpg.73121b40d13ef5b706f83c793836811c.jpg

'THE NIGHTMARE" VLAD KULAKOV

he is smashing everyone to bits in that Russian Fed Of Wrestling diary. Everyone read it because THIS. MAN. IS. THE. BUSINESS.

I spoke about hims already on this place. But I wanna get some love going. This bruv deserves his FLOWERS. I am watching YouTube of him now because of the forum.

Read of this man HERE bro!:.

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/55375-the-russian-federation-of-wrestling/

Edited by 80085
  • Like 2

• Togg unpinned this topic