DOTM Nominations - August and September 2024

Nomination Template

"WCW vs The World by The Best Writer"

Real World
[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

C-Verse/Fictional
[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Showcase
[New Diary], [shock Signing], [shock Push], [shock Title Win], [shock Turn], [Worker], [Face Worker], [Heel Worker], [Tag Team], [stable], [Champion], [Angle], [storyline], [Rocky Maivia], [Graphics]
[Prefix Category] - [showcase Moment] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Match
[Match @ Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Event
[Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTE! [New Diary] is for writers who have never written a diary before. There has been some confusion with this in recent months. Its not a new name for the old "Rookie" system

Real World
[WWF 1997: War Zone] by [blaustein]

C-Verse/Fictional
[Liga de la Legión de Lucha - An RTG story] by [ alpha2117]

Showcase
[stable] - [Two Girls And A...Whatever] in [The ZENith and the journey there (ZEN)] by [Eugh]

Match
[Tiffany Jade vs Sara Marie @ USPW American Wrestling] in [USPW: Del Veccio Era] by [angeldelayette]

Event
[WCW Saturday Nitro – May 12, 2001] in [WCW: Slapnuts] by [The Ace Ranger]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GretaGridlock said:

Real World
[WWF 1997: War Zone] by [blaustein]

C-Verse/Fictional
[Liga de la Legión de Lucha - An RTG story] by [ alpha2117]

Showcase
[stable] - [Two Girls And A...Whatever] in [The ZENith and the journey there (ZEN)] by [Eugh]

Match
[Tiffany Jade vs Sara Marie @ USPW American Wrestling] in [USPW: Del Veccio Era] by [angeldelayette]

Event
[WCW Saturday Nitro – May 12, 2001] in [WCW: Slapnuts] by [The Ace Ranger]

Thanks a lot for the nomination!  The check's in the mail.  LOL.

• Haha 1

(Real World) The Russian Federation Of Wrestling by @dstephe4 

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/55375-the-russian-federation-of-wrestling/page/13/

(Showcase: New Diary) WWF 1997: War Zone by @blaustein

@blaustein 

Apologies for the extra tag to blaustein, it won't let me get rid of. And also no idea why one diary has resulted in a picture but not the other.

(Showcase: Worker) Rocky the Rock in KAPW: AI Generated Madness by @dstephe4

Edited by Jason Phoenix
Attempting to format properly, but not working.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will continue to update

C-Verse/Fictional
Zen: In The Court of Karrg by @Pteroid

Showcase
Angle - Logan Wolfsbaine's a sex offender? in PSW Furnace of Champions by @christmas_ape

Match
Ricky DeColt v Dominic De Sousa in CGC 2022: Digging Upwards by @AboardTheArk

Event
ZEN: Way of The Warrior in ZEN: In The Court of Karrg by @Pteroid

Edited by jcarmjn
  • Like 1

PSW Furnace of Champions by @christmas_ape for cverse diary of the month.

It's the best cverse diary on the boards right now! Ape's always been great at getting me to like his characters, but he's also, in a more serious company, been able to get me to absolutely HATE some. The Youngman/Wolfsbaine feud is great. Xavi/Buck, is also great. Smooth/Pinn. Latino Kings/Legion of Blood is a fun new feud. There's just so much to get into.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Okay it's pretty much sept 30 for me so here goes - and this is tough because there was so much good stuff

CVerse: ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg    by @Pteroid   If you haven't read it ... DO!   

Real: WWF 1997: War Zone  by @blaustein - It has Mil Mascaras so I am happy

Match: Black Flash v Celestina Cherish from ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg    by @Pteroid Zen Way of the dead (page 8 ) - It's a work of art - it's ZEN so ... so ZEN

Event: ZEN Way of the Wrarrior from ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg    by @Pteroid    (page 5) The Empire Strikes Back of Zen shows

New; The King Is Dead - WWE in 2016 by @EthanTheRenegade the only one I am sure was by a new writer - he was nervous but it's good world building and a fun 1st show and exactly what this category is about

I wanted to be more varied but honestly the Pteroid stuff was insanely good.  Trust me read that latest show especially the Cherish v Black Flash stuff and you will understand that it's Pteroid's world and the rest of us just live in it.

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

additional Showcase stuff since people dont get a chance unless stuff gets nommed

Shock Singing: Vaughan who can no longer wrestle in @619 DIW's last $2,000: Mr FU has a nephew

Shock Push: Demelza Wade in @Rhysrob 

Against the Ropes: The QAW Chronicles 

Shock Title Win: Not sure if anyone truly shocked me so I'm doing a Freya Tuck and humbly nominating myself for Freya Tuck in @alpha2117 Liga de la Legión de Lucha - An RTG story   😉

Shock Turn:  So many to choose from in ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid- lets go with born heel C.W.A remaining steadfastly face - he's an evil clown and he's still sort of evil and yet ... heroic 

Worker: Vaughan who cant actually work anymore in BCF - Brisbane Championship Federation [CVerse]  by @HiPlus

Face Worker: Celestina Cherish in ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

Heel Woker: Black Flash in ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

Tag Team: Man O'War & laguna the Loyal in The ZENith and the journey there (ZEN)  by Eugh

Stable: 2 Girls & A Whatever (Clestina Cherish, Hez Jendell & Kalliope Woodchuck in The ZENith and the journey there (ZEN)  by @Eugh

Champion: Luke Steele in Outlaw Championship Wrestling [CVerse] by @Wrestling Machine

Angle: Vaughan's shock return  in @619 DIW's last $2,000: Mr FU has a nephew 

Storyline: Alien Armada ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

Graphics: @Historian for A Love Letter To Professional Wrestling [MWCW, C'Verse] both for the format and not caring if the pic styles clash - willr0ck's comic book stuff and Ed James stuff work fine together for me.

and because I cant choose

@kanegan for EMLL: Multiverse of Madness  the uniquely created comic book style pics are jsut beautiful

Silly question because I'm sure people know but what exactly is a Rocky Maivia category wise?

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 2

Sorry, I usually try to break down different stories/segments/shows/characters (shoutout @alpha2117 for the incredibly detailed job above) but I'm low on time this week so will just share the dynasties I've really enjoyed this month before it's too late. There are lots more that look really intriguing that I hope to get stuck into once I've got more time, so huge love to everyone producing great content right now.

C-Verse/Fictional
BCF - Brisbane Championship Federation [CVerse] by @HiPlus
CGC 2022: Digging Upwards by @AboardTheArk
Liga de la Legión de Lucha - An RTG story by @alpha2117
Outlaw Championship Wrestling [CVerse] by @Wrestling Machine
PSW: Furnace of Champions by @christmas_ape
PSW: Unfinished Business by @jcarmjn
TCW: Succession by @The Lloyd
ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

I know there's not a category for this but, in addition to the brilliant contributors above, I just wanted to acknowledge some of the people I consider among the biggest heroes of this community: the posters who constantly engage with feedback, predictions, analysis and ideas even when they're not promoting a dynasty of their own.  @DinoKea, @G.B, @John Lions, @KyTeran, @Satyr24 and @Tiberious, you guys make my experience on this forum so much more fulfilling in reading your replies to my dynasty and others and I bet it's the same for everyone else whose dynasties you support, so please know how appreciated and how essential your contributions to this community are.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

additional Showcase stuff since people dont get a chance unless stuff gets nommed

Shock Singing: Vaughan who can no longer wrestle in @619 DIW's last $2,000: Mr FU has a nephew

Shock Push: Demelza Wade in @Rhysrob 

Against the Ropes: The QAW Chronicles 

Shock Title Win: Not sure if anyone truly shocked me so I'm doing a Freya Tuck and humbly nominating myself for Freya Tuck in @alpha2117 Liga de la Legión de Lucha - An RTG story   😉

Shock Turn:  So many to choose from in ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid- lets go with born heel C.W.A remaining steadfastly face - he's an evil clown and he's still sort of evil and yet ... heroic 

Worker: Vaughan who cant actually work anymore in BCF - Brisbane Championship Federation [CVerse]  by @HiPlus

Face Worker: Celestina Cherish in ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

Heel Woker: Black Flash in ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

Tag Team: Man O'War & laguna the Loyal in The ZENith and the journey there (ZEN)  by Eugh

Stable: 2 Girls & A Whatever (Clestina Cherish, Hez Jendell & Kalliope Woodchuck in The ZENith and the journey there (ZEN)  by @Eugh

Champion: Luke Steele in Outlaw Championship Wrestling [CVerse] by @Wrestling Machine

Angle: Vaughan's shock return  in @619 DIW's last $2,000: Mr FU has a nephew 

Storyline: Alien Armada ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

Graphics: @Historian for A Love Letter To Professional Wrestling [MWCW, C'Verse] both for the format and not caring if the pic styles clash - willr0ck's comic book stuff and Ed James stuff work fine together for me.

and because I cant choose

@kanegan for EMLL: Multiverse of Madness  the uniquely created comic book style pics are jsut beautiful

Silly question because I'm sure people know but what exactly is a Rocky Maivia category wise?

The Rocky Maivia category is for someone that you don't like in real life or in game, but someone made you like them in their diary.  Does that make sense?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, angeldelayette said:

The Rocky Maivia category is for someone that you don't like in real life or in game, but someone made you like them in their diary.  Does that make sense?

Thanks.

Rocky Maivia nominations: Okay the Anti-Maivia goes to @Pteroid ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg for making me hate Crime Buster and Killer B with a fierce and all consuming passion in their new naff form as Sky's the Limit. Grrrrr I hate them I hate them so much. 

the actual Maivia - @Rhysrob for Demelza Wade in Against the Ropes: The QAW Chronicles 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 619 said:

Sorry, I usually try to break down different stories/segments/shows/characters (shoutout @alpha2117 for the incredibly detailed job above) but I'm low on time this week so will just share the dynasties I've really enjoyed this month before it's too late. There are lots more that look really intriguing that I hope to get stuck into once I've got more time, so huge love to everyone producing great content right now.

C-Verse/Fictional
BCF - Brisbane Championship Federation [CVerse] by @HiPlus
CGC 2022: Digging Upwards by @AboardTheArk
Liga de la Legión de Lucha - An RTG story by @alpha2117
Outlaw Championship Wrestling [CVerse] by @Wrestling Machine
PSW: Furnace of Champions by @christmas_ape
PSW: Unfinished Business by @jcarmjn
TCW: Succession by @The Lloyd
ZEN: In The Court Of Karrg by @Pteroid

I know there's not a category for this but, in addition to the brilliant contributors above, I just wanted to acknowledge some of the people I consider among the biggest heroes of this community: the posters who constantly engage with feedback, predictions, analysis and ideas even when they're not promoting a dynasty of their own.  @DinoKea, @G.B, @John Lions, @KyTeran, @Satyr24 and @Tiberious, you guys make my experience on this forum so much more fulfilling in reading your replies to my dynasty and others and I bet it's the same for everyone else whose dynasties you support, so please know how appreciated and how essential your contributions to this community are.

Great post from one of the (many) truly nice people on these boards. I feel so lucky to be part of this community, and it's thoughts like this that make it worth it. Feeling grateful for you all right now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 619 said:

you guys make my experience on this forum so much more fulfilling in reading your replies to my dynasty and others and I bet it's the same for everyone else whose dynasties you support, so please know how appreciated and how essential your contributions to this community are.

I can definitely second this.

In the past I've tended to swing from being on here everyday to never logging on. So I can feel quite sheepish coming back and commenting because it tends to signal my return to posting a diary, the main reason I end a diary is if I've gotten into something else which inevitably means my commenting drops off too. In my head I almost feel like me commenting on other diaries when I'm active myself feels sort of cheap as if I'm trying to recruit readers, if that makes sense. That's never the conscious thinking, and I love following many diaries on here but this is all just to say that I agree the people who take an active part in the community without their own 'interests' are super essential. 

Anyway nomination wise I'm glad to see many that I enjoy have been given the nod. 

C-Verse

Devilb0y's TCW: The New Generation

I think it really encapsulates TCW. Loved his last TCW diary and yet this feels even more well rounded. 

Showcase/Graphics

Devilb0y's TCW: The New Generation

The graphics being part of that... from the theme songs, to the commentary parts. It all flows well and feels like a TCW show.

I'm annoyed at myself really because a few times since August I've read a show and made a mental note to nominate it for show/match/worker of the month but when it comes to it now I draw a blank. For October I'll be sure to keep an actual note! 

• Like 2